Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Internet Dating.

Comments

• Options
    A couple of classic lines from Golfie;

’Never smacked an arse so hard’ & ‘a glass ridged one that went up in gradients was her favourite’

if only you brought so much enthusiasm and joy to supporting Charlton.
    Supporting Charlton can make you a miserable **** but he takes it to another level.

Perhaps he could start a sex thread.
  • Options
    Can @RedChaser and @blackpool72 confirm if internet dating was around in the 30's?
    Oi that would make me nearly 90! And even in the 60's, making an acquaintace was still done by using one's interpersonal skills 😎.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Can @RedChaser and @blackpool72 confirm if internet dating was around in the 30's?
    Oi that would make me nearly 90! And even in the 60's, making an acquaintace was still done by using one's interpersonal skills 😎.
    Sadly for me, that necessity carried on into the early 00s. I genuinely got together with the lady who later became my wife, when I was at the tender age of 21, after our mutual friend gave it the "my mate well fancies you". And it worked! Obviously - obviously - some alcohol was later required. 

Anyone got a more old school and less impressive tale? Punching someone in the arm? Cousins trying to protect an inheritance? Arranged marriage?
  • Options
    Golfie is Charlton Life's answer to Barbara Cartland...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Still a virgin then.
  • Options
    Can I say that it’s just a vicious rumour that I am in any way related to Golfie.
    Has he got a lassoo?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Still a virgin then.
    I was a nice boy and still only one careful owner, I'm hardly run in 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did a lot of internet dating in mid-late twenties and had a right laugh for the most part. Met a lot of interesting people, and quite a few funny stories came out of it.

Happy to say that I’ve been with my current girlfriend for 12 months after meeting on Bumble.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    moleo88 said:
    Was just speaking to a bloke in work who's going out on a date tonight with a bird he met on the net. Now apart from the obvious, i hope it's not a guy or the picture isn't 15 years old. What's your views on it? Is it a bit strange meeting a stranger from the internet to take out or is it just another reasonable option to the single?

Been on so many internet dates...don't know where to start.

The good, the bad, the ugly.

It's all just a mixed bag of crazy women. Some of them are lovely.

Note to self. No one in this world has absolutely any idea what they are doing in this life.

Pretty much everyone is an idiot and it's great 

Echo that. Wrote on my fb page last year that some are lovely but some are mad as a box of frogs. Perhaps that why they are still single in their 50's. 
  • Options
    I met a girl at a concert who happened to be on a fansite similar to this one the performing artist. Wasn't planning to meet but we met inside the venue. She was admin and I was a regular poster. she came home, one thing led to another, I removed her bra and bang!.... hairy nipples. Still did it though but never called her after. She banned me from the forum. Gutted
    That hit me for six. 
  • Options
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/why-are-we-single-finding-a-new-partner-can-be-much-harder-for-a-woman-than-a-man-linda-grant-1509849.html

I just came across this article and was surprised to know that things are exactly the same in the UK as in China. But then I saw the year of the article... 1993 😂

Anyway, I don't use internet dating sites. Just wonder if it's still as described in the article that it's much easier for a man to find a partner nowadays in the UK. I guess so? Because the reasons mentioned in the 26 year old article seem universal and don't change over time...
  • Options
    Get yourself on TanTan Jessie!
  • Options
    Get yourself on TanTan Jessie!
    Thanks for the suggestion :smile: It seems to have a reputation of a place for hookups/one night stand here though😂 I just looked it up on Google Play and there are a lot of negative feedback....
  • Options
    That's gonna happen on any dating platform, certainly serious people on there too. I used it for a while for both hookups and serious dating.

It basically does what you want it to.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    That's gonna happen on any dating platform, certainly serious people on there too. I used it for a while for both hookups and serious dating.

It basically does what you want it to.
    Thanks. I'll consider giving it a go. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Spoke on the phone last night for about 45minutes, so it does feel like it has a lot of potential, although I am in 2 minds as I don't want to spend a fortune on the first date then have to keep doing it in future.  I have just sent a text message (awaiting response, she is on the school run) look I know I was going to book a hotel etc. but I do think this is a bit much on a first date surely we can do a meal and drinks and without any doubts we can arrange something for next time. She lives on her own with 2 children so if she effectively wanted some and got horny surely that's an option anyway.... I live at home with my parents(looking to move out)

Am I silly, or do you think its reasonable? I will keep you updated

• Options
    I broke up with my long term girlfriend at the age of 37. I spent a year on Tinder, and latterly Bumble. Not sure what the numbers were, something like 1,000 matches, 300 first messages, 100 conversations, 30 first dates, 12 second dates, 5 third dates, 3 fourth dates, 1 long term relationship. 

I met all sorts. A midget teacher with a kettamine and stripper addiction, a couple of serial daters who were hooked to the rush of first dates, a coke head Italian girl, a single mum who went nuts and tried to pin me down in my own home (scarier than you'd think), a former assistant to Boris Johnson, a really boring girl with cross-eyes, a sex-addicted submissive... 

What I would say to you, @johnnybev1987, is that I think you shouldn't be in a place where you over-think. Easy to do when you're right in it. Figure out a date plan that isn't expensive, and stick to it. A wine bar in Waterloo was good cos it was near food places and pubs and if a hotel is required, you will find one pretty easily. She sounds insanely keen (which I usually found a sign of being, well, insane) so I would play it cool myself!
  • Options

Started chatting (via tinder initially) to someone briefly the weekend but properly from Monday eve, got her number got a couple of nice pictures, for her first date she wanted to go out for a meal and drinks/ hotel. At first this seems pretty cool, however I have now just had a sudden thought the initial expense for a first date, yes I will get laid but its a bit over the top if genuine.

Spoke on the phone last night for about 45minutes, so it does feel like it has a lot of potential, although I am in 2 minds as I don't want to spend a fortune on the first date then have to keep doing it in future.  I have just sent a text message (awaiting response, she is on the school run) look I know I was going to book a hotel etc. but I do think this is a bit much on a first date surely we can do a meal and drinks and without any doubts we can arrange something for next time. She lives on her own with 2 children so if she effectively wanted some and got horny surely that's an option anyway.... I live at home with my parents(looking to move out)

Are we talking Wetherspoons, Wimpy, Travelodge in Woolwich or something more upmarket?
  • Options

It's a bit much your parents looking to move out of the family home. 
  • Options

Are we talking Wetherspoons, Wimpy, Travelodge in Woolwich or something more upmarket?

Nope I am not that cheap lol whatever really a nice Chinese/ Italian and go to a bar for some drinks. Nothing to extravagant either

She has responded saying its fine, its up to me etc. and seems pretty normal still. I say that loosely as you don't know until you meet someone, I don't really get that nervous/anxious really so I wont overthink the situation. I will just go with the flow and see what happens, I am not the most organised person unless its to do with arranging pool matches...

• Options

Nope I am not that cheap lol whatever really a nice Chinese/ Italian and go to a bar for some drinks. Nothing to extravagant either

She has responded saying its fine, its up to me etc. and seems pretty normal still. I say that loosely as you don't know until you meet someone, I don't really get that nervous/anxious really so I wont overthink the situation. I will just go with the flow and see what happens, I am not the most organised person unless its to do with arranging pool matches...

Either way it's nailed on you're going to get your nuts in.  Enjoy.
  • Options

That’s more like it, Anything including a hotel would be hundreds for a night out.
    My advice in that case would have been a cheap week in Magaluf and fill yer boots with fat northern birds.
  • Options

That’s more like it, Anything including a hotel would be hundreds for a night out.
    My advice in that case would have been a cheap week in Magaluf and fill yer boots with fat northern birds.
    This one might be.