Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Internet Dating.

Comments

• Do it mate, when I was single I was well into double figures by using facebook dating apps and other nefarious sites on t'internet to meet women. Don't use them whilst under the influence though

• Don't use them whilst under the influence though

Bad experience Carter?! Elaborate mate..
  • edited November 2019

Bump!Hit me, topic of the day? dating stories/ advice

I use it sparcely I have had like one date a while ago, often get numbers and ghosted or plenty of snapchats but then nothing...

I need to 1) up my game in this, 2 )Listen to bad dating stories as I find them hilarious

Oh yeah from experience, on the free apps you get lots of fakes (POF particularly) matches with people who are far too attractive who end up linking you to a hook up site! Far too many filter. Lack of response to match ratio, Sometimes a well thought out message gets you nowhere.

Also the odd late night booty call which falls at the last hurdle and disappears into the air the next day.

Its not for the feint hearted! I've probably been on them for the last 2 and a bit years, gone between deleting and not using them from time to time, so have reasonable experience but also dry spells of talking to anyone on them. Lately winter season so I'm getting more and maybe somewhere? who knows, ill update with anything interesting but goo share your stories please!

• If you want a shag, use POF.

if you want a proper date, use bumble.
  • Bump!Hit me, topic of the day? dating stories/ advice

I use it sparcely I have had like one date a while ago, often get numbers and ghosted or plenty of snapchats but then nothing...

I need to 1) up my game in this, 2 )Listen to bad dating stories as I find them hilarious

you need to get a nose job, a botoxed bonce, new set of blinding white gnashers, dye your barnet ash blonde, dress only in Armani and Hugo Boss .. and …. still no guarantee of getting your end away ((:>) .. hope this helps
  • Go on @golfaddick, do your worst. 
  • take this advice from the Bonzo Dog Band .. https://youtu.be/4GxwDJyqHDI
  • If you want a shag, use POF.

if you want a proper date, use bumble.

I was on there, but too many fake profiles. It was easier to chat to people but only one materialised. Granted I haven't put much effort over there :)

At present use Tinder/ Bumble, free versions, so you can see I am putting a lot of effort in.

you need to get a nose job, a botoxed bonce, new set of blinding white gnashers, dye your barnet ash blonde, dress only in Armani and Hugo Boss .. and …. still no guarantee of getting your end away ((:>) .. hope this helps

I have feelings you know! this day and age that's ok right?

In person I find easier, I cant really portray it much online as I am quite unique. I have someone I am half FWB (well when I want) but I am looking for someone a) nicer  or b) Longer term

• Sponsored links:

• Go on @golfaddick, do your worst. 

This is what I want really, I am putting a bit of effort in so would like to hear others POV.  I know this thread was back in 2012 but surely online datings are part of the furniture now, so hoping there will be some good stories involved.

My own was dull, met some girl in Essex picked her up, she didn't want to go out so took her back to mine (Sevenoaks at the time) got a pizza , watched rubbish and semi talked. The problem is she looked nothing like her profile, no offence im not an oil painting but she had filters most photos. Snap chat again must have been at all the right angles! I spoke to her daily on the phone and seemed alright but once I saw her I ran for cover, sort of put me off really.

Following the date she first started with why didn't you try anything, my response ' I wasn't feeling it' , she basically said I could have smashed her if I wanted to, however I didn't lol not even just a one and run.... she then proceeded to text me regularly asking me how my dating life was going, also asking even though I wasn't interested we can still meet up and do stuff together.

Finally stopped with her messaging me, oh my ex stayed over last night (she had a child that didn't bother me), I was like why are you texting me this?

In person I find easier, I cant really portray it much online as I am quite unique. I have someone I am half FWB (well when I want) but I am looking for someone a) nicer  or b) Longer term

Only jesting as you well know .. thing is you know that 99% of looking for love 'onliners' are telling little white porkies, or sometimes huge great ones .. depending on your age, the older you get, places to meet 'nice girls' are few and far between .. there are still a lot of reputable dating sites I believe (at a cost) ..  good luck in your search jb

Only jesting as you well know .. thing is you know that 99% of looking for love 'onliners' are telling little white porkies, or sometimes huge great ones .. depending on your age, the older you get, places to meet 'nice girls' are few and far between .. there are still a lot of reputable dating sites I believe (at a cost) ..  good luck in your search jb

Yep I really don't think I will find anyone online, I have tried in bits too sometimes for a hookup sometimes properly lol not really sure if its worth trying a proper one like Match/ Eharmony down the line, as I know people who find people on the freebies too. Just another option really, I am open to something but not a necessity if that makes sense. Also I can get feed when needed too so again not needs must just having a dip and see whats about.
  • Forgot to add, I got a nice little match on Sunday, I was chatting to her for a bit then got her digits, arranged a date for this sunday. I then proceeded to text her Monday afternoon, how was your day etc? no response...

Still no response so It doesn't look like that's happening . The term is 'ghosting' I believe, not sure why she bothered giving me her number if she wasn't going to follow through but as they say onto the next, she was a very athletic 25yo so it did seem like I'd hit a mini jackpot so to speak.

Another match I am just building up today, so I will share if it gets anywhere. early signs they are more talkative and forward and even had a criteria to date. too early to say for now

• No one has ever replied to me on pof, where am I going wrong?
    Is it because your a Mackerel?
  • What is the quickest somebody has had a jump on this internet dating lark?
    After about 4 hours. Had a meal first & then back to hers. 

Found out after dtd that her 7 year old daughter was in the house (she caught me on the landing after I had been ordered to go & get more wine from downstairs..🙄🤔).No idea if there had been a babysitter & she had phoned ahead & said that were on our way back or that she had just left her there on her own....

I promptly made my excuses & left. Never spoke to her again. 

You might remember I put a few of my escapades from OLD on here last year. Nothing really to note since then (big change in personal circumstances & now have my 3 kids living with me).....but I did have a brief fling back in ths Spring with a delightful lady who from looking at her you would think she was the epitome of Surburban housewife......

First time we met she turned up with just a basque & stockings under her coat. We met in my local Costa. We then spent a couple of months indulging in her passion for Sub/dom stuff. Never smacked an arse so hard. Then again, she did have a great arse (rode horses) & it wasn't used just for spanking.....😉
    Costa? A cheap variation on wining and dining .....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    What is the quickest somebody has had a jump on this internet dating lark?

Found out after dtd that her 7 year old daughter was in the house (she caught me on the landing after I had been ordered to go & get more wine from downstairs..🙄🤔).No idea if there had been a babysitter & she had phoned ahead & said that were on our way back or that she had just left her there on her own....

You might remember I put a few of my escapades from OLD on here last year. Nothing really to note since then (big change in personal circumstances & now have my 3 kids living with me).....but I did have a brief fling back in ths Spring with a delightful lady who from looking at her you would think she was the epitome of Surburban housewife......

First time we met she turned up with just a basque & stockings under her coat. We met in my local Costa. We then spent a couple of months indulging in her passion for Sub/dom stuff. Never smacked an arse so hard. Then again, she did have a great arse (rode horses) & it wasn't used just for spanking.....😉
    Total respect, what a geezer!

So by the sounds of it she took it up the dirt box?

Golfie shouting “In the hole”.
    Whilst potting the brown.
    I did with Golfie after 15 mins. The jump was me off the top floor of Lewisham Car park though. 

I dont like to say too much as big brother is listening......(not Orwelleen, but Large).....but the collection of toys that she used to bring over were amazing. A ridged one that went up in gradients was her favourite. As they say.......you can never use too much lube.

I did with Golfie after 15 mins. The jump was me off the top floor of Lewisham Car park though. 
     :D 
  • Can @RedChaser and @blackpool72 confirm if internet dating was around in the 30's?
  • Often struggled meeting any bird on various sites but have had success.

I hate profiles with got to have chemistry. I don't see how this can be true until you've met a couple of times. Its like a job interview having to watch what you say and send 200 messages to get only a few replies. Will try Match again but this time spend more time on photo's and what women want in a bloke.

• edited November 2019
    When Golfie reached his happy ending and shouted "four" she said "ok but one at a time" !