Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Megson Gone

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I think Semedo is one of their best players so is likely to stay. Its a few of the 6ft plus donkeys Megson has signed who may be looking over their shoulders.
  • Options
    Has Megson had a massive budget to spend? In a sense it appears Mandaric has done his usual of retaining some players on big wages, and acquiring others for little but on big wages. No doubt they have a bigger wage outlay than us, but it is a very sensible decision by Mandaric and one that has worked for him before at Leicester: and some extent at Portsmouth where again he concentrated on wages rather than transfer fees, to gain promotion.

I can understand the move for Clark to be replaced by Grayson, though it's not one I necessarily agree with due to the transfer window closing. I find it hard to understand Megson's sacking. The only thing I can say is that Megson's dour, awful, physical football is made for the winter months. As pitches become better again, attacking class and invention will out. It'd be interesting to see his record post february in every season he's been a manager. I'd suspect it's significantly weaker than his winter stats.

And no I can't think of any prem manager who's not better than him. When Warnock was at QPR, he was streets ahead of him: despite Megson's jealousy.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what happens to Semedo when the new manager comes in.
    Do you want him back Dan?

I don't he is cack compared to what we have now
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what happens to Semedo when the new manager comes in.
    Do you want him back Dan?

no
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Options
    Big Mick to take over
  • Options
    Bit of a desparate move by the massive if you ask me and strange timing just after they beat sheff u. Like huddersfield they clearly think it will make a difference but I am far from convinced. At the end of the day they can all change managers if they like, we'll just keep winning.
  • Options
    Could understand if they was 6/7th but there not
  • Options
    As much as I dislike the guy and his anti-football style, its complete madness what's going on with these sackings.
  • Options
    Radio Sheffield reporting Jones has been appointed. Not really a suprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Jones, great mean to get you to the play-offs and no further
  • Options
    Think this is partly planning for next season, MM probably wants better football. They can try and battle their way through the season and grind out results, but likely to end with a play-off place at best.
  • Options
    Thing is it's a bit of a no brainer. They are almost certainties for the playoffs and second was probably beyond them. Thus maybe Jones gets them up via the playoffs or he rebuilds for next season.

I think it was harsh on Megson, but if you are going to make a change this is as safe as you can get.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Think it's a stupid decision for them, this season regarding, don't know his replacement really (I'm not good with knowledge of managers). But could maybe seeing them do a bit of a Charlton next year if this Jones guy goes about it the right way. Edit: Which I'm not sure if I'd like or not... As long as they don't beat our records its fine ;)
  • Options

Gonna mean more work for the ground staff. They'll probably have to widen the pitch again.
  • Options
    (MASSIVE) Oiiiiiiiiiiiiii. This thread is MASSIVE. I'm bumping it up because it is the MASSIVE thread of all MASSIVE F****** MASSIVE time.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    MASSIVE (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/massive)
    adjective
    1. consisting of or forming a large mass; bulky and heavy: massive columns = sounds like most of the Massive's team

2. large and heavy-looking: a massive forehead (doesn't Megson have one of these)

3. large in scale, amount, or degree: a massive breakdown in communications; massive reductions in spending. (sounds like Mandaric's relationship with Megson)

4. solid or substantial; great or imposing: massive erudition.

5. Mineralogy . having no outward crystal form, although sometimes crystalline in internal structure.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17266383

Deluded........
    again...why do they deserve to be in the premiership?
  • Options

Deluded........
    Oh come on Karim, keep up. It's cos they're MASSIVE of course..............;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Deluded........
    And top 8 of the Premiership too! Utter madness! Is there something funny they put in the water at Hillsborough?!
  • Options

Deluded........
    Hes a classic MASSIVE ...

SO funny ... these weird Yorkshire people are completely deluded ..

• Options
    "Massive positive"

Hahaha I am gonna miss these guys... They think they are Man U
  • Options

Deluded........
    Oh come on Karim, keep up. It's cos they're MASSIVE of course..............;-)
    of course. silly me. its been a pleasure for all us humble teams to play such a Massive club. such a novel idea to let us play them for a couple of seasons. that reminds me, when are the football league reinstating them back to where they belong? hope we get man u next time. though of course nothing will top playing the massive Wednesday.
  • Options
    "But Wednesday being promoted from division one would be the beginning of something, not the end of something.

"If Wednesday are in the Premier League and down in the bottom six, that's still not big enough.

"A club like Sheffield Wednesday should be in the top half of the Premier League to go in conjunction with the support it's got and the stadium it's got."

:D

• Options
    Christ, just how Massive are Wednesday? We're going to have to colonise space at this rate