Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pakistan V England Test Series

Comments

• Options
    Great Performance - but now days I am far to cynical and start to think the bookies have been at them. Pakistan don't care already won the series
  • Options
    85-8, panesar with the wicket.
  • Options
    has cl ever thought of having its own live test match score category ?
    might bring in a bit of advertising and just be updated by lifers as above
  • Options
    99 all out.
  • Options
    7-2 Cook and Trott gone. Couldn't have predicted that but at least we have two in-form batsmen in (Strauss and KP)!!!!!
  • Options
    We can take some pleasure from the morning session.......however it's going to take a while for us all to get over the recent nightmare.
    When I see the players out there today, I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same team that was totally embarrassed just a few days back.
    Exactly. The bowlers are not the reason England lost the first two tests and they have done the job again today.

But the woeful batting line-up has not been altered and now the batsmen are at it again : now 9-2, and the spinners haven't even come on yet.

I don't think Bopara is any answer, personally. But he had to be a better choice than Morgan, if only to show the rest of the batsmen that repeated failure will not go unpunished.

• Options
    It sounds as though 175 would be a winning first innings score - mind you, that's a long way off at the moment
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Admitedly, I don't know all the ins and outs, but if this was a county wicket, and all these wickets were falling on a days play, wouldn't there be an inquest on the pitch?
  • Options
    Pietersen gone for 32. 64-3.
  • Options
    Sounds like these tests needed a Geoff Boycott!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Bell just out....stumped, bit unlucky as it came back off the keepers pads!

75-4.
  • Options
    this could be morgans last game for england in a very long time
  • Options
    oh dear..... 88-5
  • Options
    91-5.....Morgan out yet again for a pitance!
  • Options
    this could be morgans last game for england in a very long time
    how right you are!

• Options
    Morgan's never a test bat in a million years so I sincerely hope it is his last game for England
  • Options
    I've not had a chance to watch this game, but I am assuming that the wicket is sub-standard. I don't find a test match in the faintest fascinating when 150 is a decent score.
  • Options
    99-6
  • Options
    104 - 6 at stumps
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    16 wickets in the day...........Mmmmmmm makes you wonder re the suitability of the wicket?
    Feel sorry for Morgan.....came on the scene in a blaze of glory and it's all gone belly up for him in a instant.
    There's a geat player in there somewhere.....but it's not on show at present.
    If he get's the opportunity to bat in the second innings it's shyte or bust for him one has to say......if it's not too late already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only we had Boycott and Chris Tavare. Ok we wouldn't score a run but at least the innings would last longer.

I don't think the wicket has done anything - neither side have criticised it and both captains wanted to bat first to post a large score.
  • Options
    whilst i am looking back with rose tinted glasses at least they were mentally strong ,the limited overs game doesnt prepare you for 5 fielders breathing down yr necks and the wicketkeeper continuously chirping .Bell, (who has been found out before with Warne)despite a good technique and Morgan just dont seem up to it on this tour,i have my doubts about Bopara too .

Its a shame for test cricket but you cant blame Pietersen,Morgan,Bopara for chasing the money in 20/20 games ..this is obviously why India have fallen from grace.I fear that we face a dearth of players(globally) who want to apply themselves to bat all day or the kind of bowlers to bowl 30 overs in a day for less than 2 an over
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Pakistan 28-2 with England still ahead. What's the maximum target you would be comfortable with England facing? About 60 for me.
  • Options
    40 for me
  • Options
    40 for me
    Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    The way we have been batting in this test I reckon Pakistan are out of sight now!
  • Options
    120-2 at Tea.
  • Options
    Apparently a test side hasn't lost a match after bowling out the opposition for less than 100 in their first innings for over 100 years! What is Pakistan's lead at the moment?
  • Options
    78 I think.
  • Options
    180-2 (138 lead).