Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pakistan V England Test Series

Comments

• Options
    Why do most of our batsmen play spinners from the crease? Use your feet when the time is right, hit through the line and those close fielders will soon scatter.
    Broad has shown that it is possible to do just that.
    37-4

We should have stuck Broad in at 3 and said get us a quick 30 to 40. Field spread and game over then.

• Options
    I go out to buy a paper and when I come back we are 4 wickets down. Appalling batting. Strauss has to stay in and give us some stability.
  • Options
    blooming hell i was watching it in the gym then i get back and we have lost 4 what happened?
  • Options
    blooming hell i was watching it in the gym then i get back and we have lost 4 what happened?
    We are batting like rabbits in headlights. If this was a 20/20 game we'd have won by now.
  • Options
    thats what the sky team seems to be saying. they're moaning at the umpire for strauss' catch not being given looks like we got lucky with that one.
  • Options
    What a terrible decision by Billy Bowden - but lucky for us. It was so obviously a clean take. And we wonder about refs giving decisions in the heat of a game played at a much faster rate and without the benefit of hotspot or a 4th official who has the time to watch a reply from many angles and in slow motion.
  • Options
    Morgan really is not a Test cricketer but I just feel that Bopara is not good enough either so maybe that should give that James Taylor or one of the other Lions batsmen a go ...
  • Options
    Seems we've come out more positive after tea 51-4
  • Options
    Oh dear. Strauss plays a good shot for a boundary then gets trapped on the back foot. And now we have Trott who plays slowly at the best of times. That will just increase the pressure on Prior to score the runs.
  • Options
    56-5, will the runs flow for Trott?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats it i think will be over by half 12?
  • Options
    71 for 8. This is a disaster. Even if we limp home, which is unlikely, we need to ask questions of the batsmen. I love Ravi but don't think he's the answer, and Taylor has been struggling with the lions... Thing is bell pieterson etc have the class
  • Options
    Good timing, just flicked over to see the ninth wicket go down. Bah!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    72-9 prior caught. Awful.
  • Options
    another middle order collapse .. BUT who else is there to bring in over the next 2 years or so
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This was like going back to the 90's - in those days if you bought a ticket for the third day of a test you usually ended up arranging a game of golf or shopping instead. At least it has given Sir Geoffrey a chance to do what he does best "If Eoin Morgan is a test player I'll eat that famous hat" and so on...
  • Options
    The award for possibly the most stupid comment by a pro-sportsman ever goes to Andrew Strauss, for his words when asked in the aftermath of today's defeat what team changes England need to make for the third Test: ''Now's not the time to think about that.''

Given that he only decided England's man-of-the-match Monty P. should play in this Test shortly before the toss, presumably he and Flower will begin discussing team changes over breakfast next Friday.
  • Options
    The award for possibly the most stupid comment by a pro-sportsman ever goes to Andrew Strauss, for his words when asked in the aftermath of today's defeat what team changes England need to make for the third Test: ''Now's not the time to think about that.''

Given that he only decided England's man-of-the-match Monty P. should play in this Test shortly before the toss, presumably he and Flower will begin discussing team changes over breakfast next Friday.
    the trouble is that the England 11 are all 'mates' and being dropped from the team would cost a player a LOT of money .. it's hard to deprieve your mates .. also, Strauss's place must be in danger and lastly .. the bowling is OK as always, but where are the batsman lining up to replace Pieteresen, Bell or Morgan ?.. Bopara? Taylor?, I don't think so ...

• Options
    another middle order collapse
    . Not this time Lincs. The collapse started with the openers (Strauss was out way before he finally got given), carried on in magnificent fashion by the middle order and, bless 'em, the tailenders decided not to embarrass their colleagues by troubling the guy whose job it is to count beyond single figures.
    Thankfully efforts in the West Country were far better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I parked my car England had just lost the 6th wicket. Not long later, when I was in a shop, I asked what the score was - to be told the game had finished. I'm in Pakistan! I felt a bit foolish and wished I hadn't asked. But to give them their due, considering how cricket-centric they are, the way he answered was quite matter of fact and not arrogant or gloating
  • Options
    If you play every ball with the sole intention of keeping it out all you do is create pressure for yourself. When Pakistan opened the bowling with a spinner they had just a slip and a short leg. A matter of a dozen overs later they had four or five round the bat.

No attempt whatsoever was made to use the feet and hit over the top or to work the ball for singles and until we learn to do that we are always going to be intimated on wickets that turn.

And Brearley Strauss will keep his place all the time we are winning and ironically whilst we have another two or three consistent failures with the bat in the team.
  • Options
    Morning Everybody.

Pakistan win toss and bat.

21-3 (9.2 overs).
  • Options
    21-5 (11 overs)

Broad 3, Anderson 2.
  • Options
    Broad takes his 4th, 39-6
  • Options
    44-7, Swann joining the party
  • Options
    Lunch 53-7 off 26 overs (Broad 4-21, Anderson 2-24, Panesar 0-6, Swann 1-1)

Excellent performance but we do still have to bat and it's not the bowling that's been our problem ;-(
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We can take some pleasure from the morning session.......however it's going to take a while for us all to get over the recent nightmare.
    When I see the players out there today, I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same team that was totally embarrassed just a few days back.
  • Options
    Excellent performance but we do still have to bat and it's not the bowling that's been our problem ;-(
    Very much this. Unless we can get a score on the board, we can bowl as well as we like and still lose. The last test was the stuff of nightmares.