Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

Comments

• I saw oasis there in 02 and the sound was shyte.
  • After the last song, when they were leaving the stage last night, Mani said to the crowd something along the lines of 'you lot have been amazing, better than the atmosphere'. Assume that was some sort of reference to the sound.
  • Can't go to an outdoor venue and expect great sound quality , in fact can't go to a stone roses gig and expect great sound quality , that's not whats it's about . After all we certainly don't head to the valley for quality football do we .
  • Expect long bar queues , long toilet queues and shite sound. If these sort of things ain't yer bag then probably better off waiting and hoping they play the O2.

I went to see beady eye in Kingston last night and could not see a single member of the band so sometimes intimate venues ain't that great either.
  • Maybe the Stone Roses didn't want to splash the cash on a top rig. They seem to have nailed the sound at Glastonbury, it's balls saying all outside gigs sound crap.
  • I'll be on my way soon. Anyone else going, enjoy the day !
  • edited June 2013
    Just spoke to a mate who I lost in the crowd. He said it was much better when he wedged himself in the middle and further forwards.. If you're going tonight, defo get yourself near to the speakers. Hope you have a blinder Covered End.

NME review of last night... http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/70742
  • Long queues for both the bar and toilet, £4.50 @ pint and the same for the little plastic carry thingy.....but apart from that top top night, we were just to the right and back a bit from the sound desk and it sounded ok to me (what I expect from an outdoor gig really)...highlight was Made Of Stone, fantastic
  • Brilliant day, brilliant gig. Man hugs everywhere. I love the Stone Roses! X
  • HandG said:

Brilliant day, brilliant gig. Man hugs everywhere. I love the Stone Roses! X

This (from last night), was cracking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom said:

HandG said:

Brilliant day, brilliant gig. Man hugs everywhere. I love the Stone Roses! X

This (from last night), was cracking.
    And again !! Quality night
  • edited June 2013
    Great night. We got right in the middle about 20 yards from the front.
    Miles Kane was good. Johnny Marr was ok, but only really got the crowd going when he played Big Mouth Strikes Again & How Soon is Now.
    PIL I thought were dreadful, didn't even sound like Lydon was "singing" in English most of the time.
    Stone Roses were excellent. Bar queues were very short I thought, though we were drinking "early" & stopped during PIL, so we could get positioned.
    Sound quality was usual outside fare. In the middle it was fine. If you were on the perimiter towards food & toilets, it was poor. Mind you I hardly see the point in going, if you're going to stand so far away from the action.
  • Great pic from Saturday's gig in Glasgow. Nice cup of piss I'd say.

• Ewwww. I saw them at Heaton park, and the piss was flying everywhere. I'm glad it was raining so I had a waterproof on. the guy behind me was trying to piss into a plastic cup which has a hole in the bottom. It was going straight through and right down his legs. he then tried to throw a nearly empty cup and at all sprayed back into his face. Roses were ace though
  • Made of Stone - documentary, tonight C4 10.50
  • The have a new single out tonight at 2000.
  • PopIcon said:

The have a new single out tonight at 2000.

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to this.
  • oh good need a cure for insomnia lol
  • 8 pm is odd. will Our Price be open late?
  • rina said:

8 pm is odd. will Our Price be open late?

Never mind the BT office, I'm now queuing up outside Andy's Records
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Just heard it on radio 1. Bit seahorsey but not bad. They had already trampled on their own grave with their second album so I'm being philosophic
  • Get them today play at the valley , happy days
  • https://open.spotify.com/track/6U7bI6l84byBbsOAoEmTLL

Seeing them in Dublin in July. Just one listen to this so far. Not completely blown away, but decent enough. Looking forward to more.
  • Anyone else heading to the Etihad on the Saturday?
  • But rubbish in all honesty but can't wait for Manc next month
  • enjoyed it
  • also seeing them in dublin marlay park i really enjoyed arctic monkeys there.
  • The best is yet to come (I hope). They don't need to get noticed or promote themselves. They have picked out an average song and released it. It's get the whole thing moving. I hope I'm right.
  • Listened a few times on repeat now and really enjoying it. Can imagine it being a lot, lot longer than 3.36 by the time they start playing it live. Was really looking forward to Marlay Park anyway...this is adding to that, rather than detracting.