Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

Comments

•  Wonderwall is named after one of Harrison's albums (granted, not specifically nicking one of the songs).

so that would make Oasis' version a homage then, not stealing
  • Shakermaker is a direct lift from the new seekers, I'd like to teach the world to sing...  Great song still

Lets not forget, Made of Stone is a direct lift from Velocity Girl by Primal Scream, another great lift.

Who cares if one band borrows from another band?  It really doesn't discredit anyone....................
  • I wasn't aware of the George Harrison thing. I realise there's not much truly original music around but it annoys me when someone just blatantly rips whole sections of other bands songs and passes it off as their own.
  • I wasn't aware of the George Harrison thing. I realise there's not much truly original music around but it annoys me when someone just blatantly rips whole sections of other bands songs and passes it off as their own.

I guess you won't want my spare Jivebunny tickets then......?
  • Stone Roses liverpool arena July 5. 02 arena July 7 and 8. Secc In Glasgow. Slane castle Ireland. Don't shoot the messenger
  • edited October 2011
  • 220,000 tickets sold in an hour for the 3 gigs - the first 2 sold out in 14 mins!

Managed to get tickets for the Friday gig - anyone else get any?
  • No. Not for want of trying though
  • I managed to get tickets for Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could have had one for Sunday but am going to wait until the other dates are announced.
  • I was lucky enough to see them live before. I'm looking forward to the new material, but hoping they play somewhere close to Czech Rep on the tour.
  • Saturday tix boxed off for me and the Mrs and redarmyse7
  • Stone roses were oasis' inspiration, and overall I would say oasis probably sold more records them. As they say Noel has got a very good record collection, but he knows what sounds good and the bits he took he enhanced them.
  • They probably sold more because The Stone Roses only did 2 albums.
  • 220,000 tickets sold in an hour for the 3 gigs - the first 2 sold out in 14 mins!

Hello mate, yeah I got Friday as well. Can't wait! I wanted it badly ha ha

I got tix for Friday too.

I got tix for Friday too.

Ha ha, nice one. I'll be expecting a chorus of Valley Floyd Road then before I Wanna Be Adored :-)
  • so thats steps AND the stone roses reforming all in the same year... what a treat!
    But on the downside Westlife to split. :-(  Hey but not before they do a "farewell" tour! Funny that.....

It's a price worth paying.
  • Support announced for Manchester

Primal Scream Friday, Beady Eye Saturday for the days Im going
    The Wailers (??) playing all 3 days.

Amsterdam gig is tempting me, especially as Easyjet fly there from Southend now and I could be from my house to The Dam in 2 hours.

Carnage
  • Sponsored links:

• am going to this now apparently on the friday.
    now trying to find an available apartment/hotel room is going to be difficult!
  • My mates band KiD BRiTiSH are supporting on the Friday. Check them out, if anyone has any spare tickets then let me know please :)
  • Got a ticket for the Saturday! Yay! Shame I can't stand Beady eye
  • was meant to be going on the saturday but had to sell our tickets due to money reasons

friday seems to have the best of the supports

sunday is pure rubbish

• Plan B sunday ----rubbish --dont think so
  • Saw them in 96 at Reading. They took to the stage after Sonic youth and just couldn't follow The Diamond sea. The crowd was mesmerized by SY and just sort of wandered off when the Stone roses came on.
  • Plan B sunday ----rubbish --dont think so
    If he plays mostly sub Amy Winehouse crap from his last album it is . If he plays the stuff from the first album then it aint.

• playing their first gig tonight

surprise gig in Warrington

will be interesting to see if Reni is playing drums as there has been rumors to the contrary
  • Playing here in the summer. Wish I could afford to go!
  • Waiting for Youtube clips of the Warrington gig.

Im seeing them in Barcelona in 16 days not that im counting.