Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

Comments

• Apparently there won't be many YouTube clips as Brown told people in there not to film it.

I've seen one and Reni's drumming is still utterly amazing
  • I've just done a youtube search and found loads of them.

Why do people phone gigs on their phone though?
  • Apparently they were on cracking form.
  • If/when Deptfords finest "Please Return My Dog" reform be scared. Be Very Scared !!
  • Morrisey and Marr - sort it out!!!
  • JTJT
    edited June 2012
    All over twitter that Reni walked off stage after refusing to do an encore tonight in the dam, Brown called him a c*nt on stage and the gig ended.Oh dear.
  • edited June 2012
    Such a shame if true

I saw them in Barcelona on saturday and they were superb, so tight and looked genuinely happy which is what £5m+ each probably does for you

Even Brown sounded good now he has packed in the fags
  • We're meant to be seeing them at V . If they don't play or play with some other clown on the drums then there's no way I want to be going to Chelmsford for that.
  • Reni absolutely made the gig mate. It doesn't work with even one of them out.

Bit of a concern if the tension has started on the 4th gig of the tour...
  • Robbie Maddix will be back on sticks before you know it
  • Sponsored links:

• Got tix for the Sunday at Heaton Park but do you think i can get a hotel/B&B at a sensible price? LOL
  • Morrisey and Marr - sort it out!!!
    Great call...............if only!
  • Just been offered a ticket for the Friday gig at Heaton. Problem is, I'm going to France the following morning and have to be up at 6:30. Could drive but probably won't get back until 3-4 in the morning.
  • Not suitable for work language

http://t.co/UstGuuh4
  • Just got my tickets for Singapore on 22nd July, en route back to Blighty for the Olympics. Anyone else from this part of the world in Singapore for this?
  • Did Friday and Saturday nights in Manchester and it was amazing.

Makes you feel glad you are from the South East when you go up there, 70,000 Liam/Bez/Ian Brown wannabes in their moody Stone Island.

Hope they play a big London gig soon.
  • Did Friday and Saturday nights in Manchester and it was amazing.

Makes you feel glad you are from the South East when you go up there, 70,000 Liam/Bez/Ian Brown wannabes in their moody Stone Island.

Hope they play a big London gig soon.
    Probably do a Knebworth gig I reckon.

They'd probably sell out 3 nights there, massive £££.
  • Did Friday. Stone Roses were awesome. The crush at the bar for nearly 2 hours and having to climb over the bar to escape was not so. They more than made up for it though. Love Manchester. The buzz on the tram of those soooo excited to see them was immense. 16 years i've been waiting for this - 40 year olds with child like grins on their faces. haha. Brilliant atmosphere considering the near riot!
  • Fantastic, shame that we left early to catch one eye joe play in Rochdale (sadly that's not a joke). Reni had interesting head wear...
  • Best outdoor gig I've been too , they were defo on form on Saturday . Beady eye also did a very good set . Was lucky to be tipped off before about the time it was taking to get beer, so managed to walk straight in with 2 litres of vodka ! Had a 2 hour walk back to the hotel though .
  • Sponsored links:

• Did they do any new stuff?

• No mate , not that I remember ;0)
  • The set is all of the first album and a few highlights from #2
  • Gutted not to get a ticket. Various mates went over different days, all said it was brilliant and that Heaton Park will not have a blade of grass for about 15 years!

Also mentioned the bar and what a complete and utter nightmare it was.
  • Friday was superb, saw them
    In '95 and really couldn't believe how much better they are now. I really hope this isn't the end after the tour is finished.
  • I know a few of the lads out of the band Kid British who opened up for them on Friday. Recently lost their main front man from personal issues of what happened over the past year but they said about how tight the rhythm and base section was for the Stone Roses. Can't believe I never got to go, sounded like it was an amazing weekend.
  • edited July 2012
    I was very sad to hear that they found the body of that young lad who went to the concert and went missing. Just such an awful waste and really very cruel. A gorgeous looking young man too.

But now, its all gone just a little bit more weird. God knows what his family must be thinking right now. I have looked on a few pages and complete strangers are weeping and wailing and wanting to let off lanterns and get a song to number one, and setting up a new code "call home for Chris" or something. Different if these were his pals but these are strangers who are devastated. It just seems a little weird and the family must be getting upset over it as they are asking for stuff to be taken down. Imagine trying to cope with your loss but having to deal with that.

As I said, its a very sad story but I suppose its just what happens in these days of social media. I just cant help thinking its all a bit weird.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/275750745866192/

• I'm surprised the official Liverpool twitter feed hasn't offered condolences.

If it were during the season they'd have worn black armbands
  • Playing two big gigs in Finsbury Park on the 7th & 8th June. Tickets on sale tomorrow at 9.30 am
  • Just got my 4 for Saturday 8th June through Ticketmaster.