Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

Comments

• edited October 2011

I heard this afternoon that they were reforming to play 2 gigs, on consecutive nights, in I think Heaton Park Manchester & that is all.

Hope I'm wrong :-(  

• The Heaton Park gigs are just the start of a world tour, Covered End. So hopefully a few London gigs as well. To quote Brown...

Ian Brown on how long the reunion tour will last: "We'll ride until the wheels fall off."

• Have booked hotel now just fingers crossed for tickets .

Bring it on !!!!!!!!

• Have booked hotel now just fingers crossed for tickets .

Bring it on !!!!!!!!

Same!
  • Any chance they play the instruments and have Ian Brown mime ?
  • I nearly got a pair of tickets, but then I remembered they are sh!t live, so I just listened to The Complete Stone Roses instead
  • I nearly got a pair of tickets, but then I remembered they are sh!t live, so I just listened to The Complete Stone Roses instead
    how could you nearly get a pair of tickets when they aint on sale until friday?
    how could you nearly get a pair of tickets when they aint on sale until friday?
    I think he was being a dick Buckshee.
  • Truly fantastic news, have booked the weekend for Manchester gigs, will go both days sub tickets.

Seen Ian Brown many many times, when he first started playing Roses songs at Brixton there were grown men crying.

Cannot wait for this

• cant bloody wait

• Sponsored links:

• Best Band Ever!!

I hope this is true!
    I just fell of my chair when I read this, brilliant! Still laughing!!

Blimey, easily pleased or a tad simple?
    Seen them a couple of times, they are excellent actually
  • Don't really know much about them as I was never into the Madchester thing. Did they have a bit of a rep for cancelling or not showing up at gigs? I only ask because I read this earlier today, and it made me laugh:

"it is felt that demand could be inexplicably high enough for them to
    fill the whole of Wembley Stadium, with the obvious exception of the
    stage"

• Without these guys there wouldn't have been any Oasis, The Verve, Kasabian etc
  • Without these guys there wouldn't have been any Oasis
    Does that mean it's legal to shoot them?
    I'm pretty sure Oasis would have found somebody else to copy
    Like the Beatles? Oh wait...
  • I went to see The Complete Stone Roses, a tribute band, in Wimbledon a year ago and they failed to turn up! And thats the tribute band ha ha
  • so thats steps AND the stone roses reforming all in the same year... what a treat!
  • £55 + booking, pricey in my opinion. I'll still go mind :)
  • Sponsored links:

Original
  • edited October 2011
    Without these guys there wouldn't have been any Oasis
    Original
    They wouldn't know an original if it was stood in front of them with a big neon sign pointing at it saying "ORIGINAL"

Most overrated band ever.

• Most overrated band ever.

Original
  • How original of you to claim that my opinion isn't original.

Twice.
  • Yep thought you'd like it

If you can give me some specific examples of Oasis songs that were copies of Beatles songs then I'll know you haven't just spouted someone else's opinion

That argument is used a lot but most people can't back it up.

If you can then fair play ....
  • Well the one that springs most readily to mind is the beginning of Don't Look Back in Anger - If John Lennon were alive I Imagine a lawsuit would follow. Plenty of other examples of Oasis being, shall we say, influenced (putting it kindly) by the Beatles. Supersonic, Wonderwall etc. Plagiarising might be another way of putting it of course...
  • Well the one that springs most readily to mind is the beginning of Don't Look Back in Anger - If John Lennon were alive I Imagine a lawsuit would follow. Plenty of other examples of Oasis being, shall we say, influenced (putting it kindly) by the Beatles. Supersonic, Wonderwall etc. Plagiarising might be another way of putting it of course...

The Imagine/Don't Look Back In Anger is the most mentioned yes. Which songs do Supersonic and Wonderwall imitate then ?

Just checking if you are plagiarising or not you understand :o)
  • so thats steps AND the stone roses reforming all in the same year... what a treat!
    But on the downside Westlife to split. :-(  Hey but not before they do a "farewell" tour! Funny that.....
  • Supersonic nicks a George Harrison solo pretty much note for note (My Sweet Lord if you're interested) and Wonderwall is named after one of Harrison's albums (granted, not specifically nicking one of the songs).
  • Supersonic nicks a George Harrison solo pretty much note for note (My Sweet Lord if you're interested) and Wonderwall is named after one of Harrison's albums (granted, not specifically nicking one of the songs).
    And Harrison nicked My Sweet Lord from He's So Fine, or so the US courts decreed. Cost George a lot of time, money and hassle.