Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

Comments

• Have tickets for Saturday, never seen them before so can't wait!

Great lineup apart from Public Image ltd, have no interest in seeing them whatsoever. We're going to use that time to find something decent to eat, not that I'm expecting anything to write home about...
  • going Friday, anyone any idea what time they'll come on stage?
  • GD78 said:

Have tickets for Saturday, never seen them before so can't wait!

Great lineup apart from Public Image ltd, have no interest in seeing them whatsoever. We're going to use that time to find something decent to eat, not that I'm expecting anything to write home about...

Would love to see PIL!

Eltham - about 8.45 I think
  • I'm going on Friday as well.

Gates open at 4pm, curfew is 10.30pm, so guessing the'll be on around 9ish.

Dizzee Rascal, The Courteeners & Rudimental all supporting on Friday.

Weather looks decent too!
  • saw stone roses at v last year - one of the best bands ive ever seen live, wont be dissapointed.
  • going Friday, anyone any idea what time they'll come on stage?

Friday June 7

17:15 - Rudimental
    18:15 - The Courteeners
    19:20 - Dizzee Rascal
    20:40 - The Stone Roses

Saturday June 8

17:15 - Miles Kane
    18:15 - Johnny Marr
    19:20 - Public Image Ltd
    20:40 - The Stone Roses
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/70360#2sLXDuHO43PHRtzV.99
  • Manchester last year and can't wait for this Saturday . Also off to watch the film on Wednesday to get in the mood
  • edited June 2013
    Tonight's set list in Paris , elephant stone added.

• Anybody started out on the sauce yet? Should be making a move in an hour or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw them in August, they were fantastic. Everyone going this weekend - enjoy!
  • Aftershow tickets selling fast

Be good to see a few Charlton there

http://www.eventim.co.uk/stonerosesaftershow
  • Be interested to here what fellow Addicks thought tonight.

I was massively excited and met up with a few chaps for a bit of a leo which was brilliant. Was relatively near the front and to the left and the sound was absolutely woeful, I left half way through. Thought the band were sounding good but it was like listening to it through a pair of awful headphones, no atmos at all.

I texted a mate to ask if it got any better and he said it did. Make of that what you will :)
  • red_murph said:

Be interested to here what fellow Addicks thought tonight.

I was massively excited and met up with a few chaps for a bit of a leo which was brilliant. Was relatively near the front and to the left and the sound was absolutely woeful, I left half way through. Thought the band were sounding good but it was like listening to it through a pair of awful headphones, no atmos at all.

I texted a mate to ask if it got any better and he said it did. Make of that what you will :)

Hope it's ok for tomorrow.
  • They sounded good from my balcony. I live not too far from finsbury park
  • They sounded good from my balcony. I live not too far from finsbury park

Funnily enough Amos, I walked out with a couple who had come down from Leicester and they were both gutted. As we walked past outside on the way to the tube station we all said how much better it sounded from there, it really did.

Could well be I was just in a bad spot but a lot of others were disinterested and leaving early as well.

Fully expect others to say they had a blinder, just not for me tonight.
  • That it massively disappointing! I'm so excited about tomorrow and don't want to be let down.....
  • I had a blinder tonight, although agree the sound engineer should be shot. We moved back a bit from the front & the sound seemed much better.
  • edited June 2013
    Love the Stone Roses but they are massively overrated. Oasis are better.
  • Hopefully can be rectified for tomorrow. How were the support acts? Was Dizee Rascal well recieved?
  • Sponsored links:

• red_murph said:

Be interested to here what fellow Addicks thought tonight.

The Stone Roses do bad sound better than any band....I was at Spike Island & it was terrible that day as well.....saw a few gigs in their early days (pre-debut LP) & they were often quite shoddy live, having said that I saw them do a couple of shows - Warrington 88 & Manchester 89 which were out of this world!
  • Must be just me then - I thought it was quality.

IB sounded ropey on a couple of songs but was never any Michael buble - doesnt matter.

Had a cracking night. Didn't see anyone leave early from where we we were - why would you?

Also sound was bang on where we were.

Bunch of miserable chuffs!
  • Boom said:

Must be just me then - I thought it was quality.

IB sounded ropey on a couple of songs but was never any Michael buble - doesnt matter.

Had a cracking night. Didn't see anyone leave early from where we we were - why would you?

Also sound was bang on where we were.

Bunch of miserable chuffs!

How was Dizzee?
  • Bonkers.

No idea - was too busy queuing for a double round of £4.50 fosters. And don't get me started on the £4.50 charge for the paper cup holder. Unbelievable.
  • Yum yum - Fosters!!!
  • Warm fosters in a paper cup - nectar......
  • Boom said:

Warm fosters in a paper cup - nectar......

Let me at it .... let me at it!

• Which is what we were like after 20 mins on the tube!
  • It's an outdoor gig in slightly blowy conditions yet some people seem to think it should sound as good as a cd in your front room on a blaukpunt hi fi.
  • It's why I was interested to hear what others thought Buckshee as it could well have been where I was standing unfortunately. Had I been more in the middle it might well have been a completely different gig for me and I fully expect others to say it was blinding.

Been to a fair few outdoor gigs and not heard the sound that quiet before.