Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T.V Programmes that annoy you.

Comments

• Options
    I watch about five 'new' tv programmes. Some old telly I can watch again and again - Columbo, for instance. I just don't 'get' most modern telly - it's almost laughably shit. I understand some people can watch reality telly in an 'ironic' mode. It appears I don't have that mode, because if I see more than 15 seconds of reality tv/talent shows/celebrity wankfest I start getting perilously close to scooping my own eyes out with a grapefruit spoon.
  • Options
    X FACTOR is the biggest pile of tosh ever . Ive just wasted a precious min of my life (which i will never get back) , watching some stuck up knob with my aunties hair (frankie i think his name was .! ) just can't believe how cack the whole x factor show is ! I thought countdown was bad . But jeeeez !
    Countdown is bad? Ask JT!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    But The Sweeney is far and away the finest piece of TV drama - EVER!
    Sorry I meant those reality shows where PC Thug lets off some scrote who has been videoed speeding, undertaking, running a stop light and driving without insurance tax or MOT.
    Insufficient evidence.
    Grr This country is well and truly buggered based on the evidence of Stop Cops Motorway Madness shows.

But The Sweeney - now you are talking.
    Never been bettered. Camera angles, plot, scene setting, dialogue, acting.
    Absolutely superb in every way.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I watch about five 'new' tv programmes. Some old telly I can watch again and again - Columbo, for instance. I just don't 'get' most modern telly - it's almost laughably shit. I understand some people can watch reality telly in an 'ironic' mode. It appears I don't have that mode, because if I see more than 15 seconds of reality tv/talent shows/celebrity wankfest I start getting perilously close to scooping my own eyes out with a grapefruit spoon.
    Spot on Leroy. Its just utter non-sense.
    Every kid in school wants to 'be famous'
    Not smart, giving, caring, intelligent, hard working, or a valued member of society. Just 'famous' because of social atom bombs like these programmes and shyte media.
  • Options

And don't forget the humour and interaction between the main characters, especially Jack and George.

• Options
    edited October 2011

And don't forget the humour and interaction between the main characters, especially Jack and George.

And Dave.
    And who could forget the Morecombe and Wise episode?
    Even the tramp from Heartbeat was the Guvnor for a while.

Had a night on the piss with Dennis Waterman in 1987-ish as he was opening the Winchester Club in Hong Kong. I was like a drippy Sweeney groupie
  • Options
    location location location....

posh pricks with nice houses wanting even nicer houses i could only ever dream of buying...

This week phil and kirsty help hedge fund manager rupert cuthbert smythe and fiancee chelsea land rover horsebottom move from there small 2 bedroom apartment in chelsea to a 9 bedroom country house... que cut aways of them looking anxiously at a mobile phone...

Agree totally, but they pale into insignificance to the utter twats on Grand Designs. I'd like to drown them all in the cement foundations of their striking modern expressions
  • Options

The X Factor is really getting to me this time. Why do they bring the judges on as if they were the Royal Family ? Why do I have to look at a background of flashing lights accompanied by a barrage of noise ? Why, when the Artist ( probably could find a better word ) is singing do they fill the stage with meaningless dancers that distract everything ?

The only saving grace for me is that I record it, and then cut out all the crap. That also means that you can watch it in about 20 minutes, and go to something else. 

I like X factor and I'm not gay!
    Work that one out fellow posters?
    Why do you like it Greenie?
    How long have you liked both Man city and Man United?
  • Options

Floyd, if I ever need to sell my 1975 Sweeney Christmas annual, I'll give you first refusal (or have you already got it?).

• Options
    Anything that features the words 'coming up' or 'still to come' ahead of an advert break and the shows you the next 20 minutes condensed in ten seconds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty annoy me but at the moment The Football League Show and that twat Claridge paying the barest minimum of lipservice to us.

That said Charlton are best at coming under the radar as underdogs.
  • Options
    Anything that features the words 'coming up' or 'still to come' ahead of an advert break and the shows you the next 20 minutes condensed in ten seconds.
    Good call
  • Options
    Good call
    And then the first few minutes after the break are spent recapping on what went on before - as if watching a couple of adverts leaves us incapable of using our brains to remember what happened 5 minutes ago.

Of course, in reality it's all just a way of padding out a programme that's probably only got fairly limited "content" in the first place.
  • Options
    And what about when you've been banging your head trying to think of an actor's name in a programme and they shrink the credits at the end to publicise the next show and you can't read the names (well, not with my eyesight you can't!).
  • Options
    Woooow isn't the x factor sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring and annoying and cheesy . POINTLESS
  • Options
    At the moment the X Factor and they're doing it all again tomorrow too!

Why does she have to watch it?!
  • Options
    gotta say this season is the worst they have had.
  • Options
    Come dancing - thought it was something that happened at 02:15 am at a night club when you were desperatly trying to pull before they closed and were pushing a stiffy into her thigh in a drunk stuper thinking it was 'sexy'. Stayed in tonight to watch this obviously raunchy prog - now really annoyed!
  • Options
    What's white and slithers across the dancefloor?

Come Dancing
  • Options
    Replace 'come' with another four letter word beginning with c (the second letter would be a u) and that sums up my thoughts of the programme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football League Show.

Ignored the league leaders once more!
  • Options
    Football League Show.

Ignored the league leaders once more!
    I was about to say that Len. Ridiculous. Clarridge speaking to the table or his knees one of the two!
    Oh Mk are doing fantastic again and have scored 62 in all comps, they are now 3rd.. and sheff w keeping up with teams above them. They talk utter bullsh-t. 
  • Options
    Easier to say the programs I do like, Homes Under The Hammer, Bargain Hunt and Put Your Money Where You Mouth Is. All of which I watch on PC as I don't own a telly, and they are all on at silly tines....
  • Options
    X Factor... utter s**t,
    Big Brother... ditto
    The One Show.... Taffy Jones's voice is soooooooooooo irritating and she can't bloody dance.
    Strictly.... only watch it to gaze at Aliola's amazing movements. She's got to be the sexiest thing on tv. Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll.
  • Options
    JERRY SPRINGER SHOW .
  • Options
    Compared to Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer is class.  At least Springer has a sense of humour whereas Kyle just shouts at the cretins on the stage.
  • Options

Anything that goes past it's Sell by date and doesn't have any of the original cast. So Waterloo Road which is horrendous garbage, Taggert where the character of the title has been dead longer than anyone can remember, f*****g Midsomer Murders is there anyone left alive?

Then Deal or no Deal am I the only one who doesn't get it? It's just guessing whats in a box for christ sake. The Cube utter shit. Agree about Lee Nelson I have had illnesses that have made me laugh more than that dick. Lastly I seriously object to these celebrity travelouges like Joanna Lumleys Greece or should be titled we pay Joanna to have a lovely free holiday.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just found out a guy sitting about 10 desks away was once in Celebrity Big Brother. Which sums it up - most people on this floor do not know his name.

Deal or No Deal is ridiculous, but fair play to Noel for convincing half the country that the power of the mind can affect which bits of cardboard are in certain boxes. On that subject - you should ALWAYS swap the box. it's simple maths! You had a 1 in 26 chance of being right the first time, so you were probably wrong...
  • Options
    I hate most tv shows to be honest, but i watch them with the missus in the hope that she will realise i have watched it with her to be nice and will give me a BJ in return
  • Options

Strictly.... only watch it to gaze at Aliola's amazing movements. She's got to be the sexiest thing on tv. Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll.

There's many other reasons to watch it though  e.g. anyone who didn't enjoy Kristina's tango on Saturday needs help IMO. Now that is one hell of a woman and a spot of Kristina always perks up my Saturday!

Plus I can sit there perving with impunity as it's the missus favourite. Result.