Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T.V Programmes that annoy you.

Comments

• Options
    Companies sussed Watchdog out some time ago, I think. Their rep comes on, apologises if he needs to, points out how many satisfied cusyomers they've got, says they've paid  Anne's half dozen complainees compensation and they're re-training staff where necessay.  She does interupt, usually without success, and ends up with a non-story and the same thing will happen again next week.  I think sometimes she inadvertantly makes some companies actually look good.  
  • Options

.....and there's an English fella, who's name escapes me, who does a pretty similar show.

All credit to them though for having spotted a way of making a fortune out of absolute shyte!

Jeremy Kyle?

Agree, absolute cobblers of a show.

Homes Under the Hammer annoys me intensely because of the background music they put to a situation,  sooo cheesy..example, god awful green door from the 1970's that needs re-painting..cue Green Door by Shakey.

• Options
    How come the Homes Under the Hammer buyers never seem to employ cowboy builders, or firms that go bust? 
  • Options

How come the Homes Under the Hammer buyers never seem to employ cowboy builders, or firms that go bust? 

You could be on to something there..Cowboy Homes Under the Builders Hammer!

Babestation/Redhot 40+ freeview/Northern lasses station. Women wagging an imaginary mobile phone at you to try & tempt you to spend £500 a minute to have a chat. What I've heard from a friend anyway.

• Options
    anything with wok gan in it, eastenders, graham nortons show, supermarket sweep, ballamory, in the night garden, big brother, traffic cops, miranda, emmerdale farm, most haunted, the proms, songs of praise, last of the summer wine, location location location location
    How could i forget Last of the Summer Wine?!  What a pile of geriatric crap that show was.
  • Options
    Anything with 'Re-visited' after it, ie Country House Revisited, The Hotel Inspector Revisited - it's just an excuse to re-run 55 mins of the previous show with a 5 min update at the end.

Soaps, reality shows and talent contests don't count because they've always been s**t.

Anything with Tim Wonnacott in it.

Poxy celebrity travel shows - yes how great it is to see someone worth a fortune getting paid to travel round the world in 5 star luxury at everyone else's expense.  Even more annoying when said celebrity fills up the programme talking absolute drivel about subjects he/she knows little about.

There is so much crap on telly, I seem to watch less and less.  Alan Partridge had it right, fifteen years ago - Monkey Tennis?
  • Options
    Anything with Gordon ramsey in it, or anything that supposes there is any evidence for the paranormal. There isn't.
  • Options
    what about a shout for deal or no deal ?

or basically anything thats on the telly during the day (excluding sport)

• Options
    what about a shout for deal or no deal ?

or basically anything thats on the telly during the day (excluding sport)

I shout at Deal or No Deal. Will that do?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Lady Romford watches various dreadful programmes. I have no idea why and, interestingly, neither does she:

America's/Australia's/Britain's/Outer Mongolia's next top model.
    Self-obsessed morons being judged by self-obsessed self-important morons. It's not a proper job, you're all totally despicable, vacuous and selfish and only despicable, vacuous selfish people give a shit about you. From what I can gather, Lady Romf spends the duration of every episode pointing out how hateful they all are. Maybe that's the point?

Britain's got Talent, X Factor etc. (Any Talent Show.)
    If you want to be in a talent show, go to a holiday camp. If you want to watch a talent show, go to a holiday camp.

Anything with 'Celebrity' in the title or advertised as involving 'Celebrities'.
    I don't know who you are, nor does most of the country. You are not celebrities. Why would anyone care what you do?

Masterchef,Australian Masterchef
    Masterchef: Stupid Cauliflower headed greengrocer is making a living out of having absolutely no original opinion on anything. Never seen him say anything that someone else hasn't already said. Anyone could do his job. Australian Masterchef: Some big fat dandy who looks like he could be a Harry Enfield character and is clearly attempting to get a reputation as being 'eccentric' or 'original' but is actually a dull attention seeking pretentious fool. 

Cookery programmes where the 'celebrity' (there's that word again) chefs invariably shout at people.
    Get over yourself. It's just food. Just because the caramel hasn't dripped down the spongecake perfectly symmetrically, it doesn't mean it's bad cooking. It's just not that important. If it looks and tastes nice, then it's fine. You twats.

Programmes that engineer 'tension' by pausing for what seems an eternity before announcing a result
    Hmmm...that's most of the programmes I've already mentioned isn't it?

Big Brother
    Oh, just fuck off.

On the other hand, I know that Lady Romf can't understand why I want to watch football/cricket etc. Each to their own, I suppose.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    only way is Essex

Big brother

Any talent shows (which don't actually have any talent on them)

Made in Chelsea  

proud to say I've never watched more than 1 minute of any of these or any soaps which I also dislike.
  • Options
    Agree with you about the Celebrity thing apart from Celebrity Family Fortunes. That is a half hour of top quality TV that you just don't get enough of anymore.
  • Options

Biggest hate is Big Brother, second to that comes all the other reality tv shows in no particular order. TV on the cheap and exploiting stupid people who want to be famous.

Someone above nominated the Football League Show - be careful what you wish for I understand that the BBC is dropping it and Sky are taking up coverage - if that's true you will not be seeing any coverage of football below Premiership level on mainstream TV soon.

Having said that, there is always the "off" button. I don't like BB so I don't watch it - wat offends me about it is that it fills up the airways with talentless members of the public, leaving less time and opportunity for talented actors and musicians.

• Options
    Notice that no one's complained about 'Aerobics from Oz' at all.  That's pretty real!
  • Options
    44 posts before we got the off button comment!
  • Options
    Makes me feel sick that Louie spence
  • Options

Makes me feel sick that Louie spence
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Actually that Lee Nelson's Well Good show is irritating.  Why does the BBC spend money on this kind of dreck.
  • Options
    Pretty much everything. 
    Reality shows, soaps, fashion shows, shows about other people buying houses (oh, you can afford to be a picky sh*t, congrats), British dramas, period dramas, shows with singing, competitive shows... Everything. 
    I only like some factual stuff, American cop shows and Star Trek. S'about it. Oh, and sports of course. 
  • Options
    All of above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    richard bacons beer, pizza and bellend club on itv6+1, home james and up the elephant and round the castle
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I love " Big Break " - is that still on? 

• Options
    I love " Big Break " - is that still on? 
    think it is on a never ending loop on Davetv
  • Options
    Midsummer murders , countryfile , the one show , crimewatch , question time , newsnight - all shit
    It always amazes me that there's anyone left in Midsommer to murder.

Mythbusters drives be mad.  It's not that I think it's a bad programme just that our kid watches it over and over again - it's on right now as it happens.   Any so-called "reality" tv, anything that involves voting people off. 
  • Options
    Football League Show - What a waste of time - 15 seconds or maybe more of bad camera work, glimpses of players dashing around and the ball hits the net ten seconds before the camera man follows the ball - Next game - producer says come on get the next game and the next as quick as you can - switch to next game and the next game. No faster get the next game on quick. For heavens sake hurry up 36 matches to cram into such a small time window.

All matches are several seconds long and it becomes an absolute blur in the end. The icing on the cake is we have two no nothing, no nuts dickhead presenters making such inane comments but they are making out they know everything about football and taking up valuable playing time which really proves what a complete nonsense this programme  is.

I hope i have given you the impression it's not my favourite TV show
  • Options
    Football League Show - What a waste of time - 15 seconds or maybe more of bad camera work, glimpses of players dashing around and the ball hits the net ten seconds before the camera man follows the ball - Next game - producer says come on get the next game and the next as quick as you can - switch to next game and the next game. No faster get the next game on quick. For heavens sake hurry up 36 matches to cram into such a small time window.

All matches are several seconds long and it becomes an absolute blur in the end. The icing on the cake is we have two no nothing, no nuts dickhead presenters making such inane comments but they are making out they know everything about football and taking up valuable playing time which really proves what a complete nonsense this programme  is.

I hope i have given you the impression it's not my favourite TV show
    and thats without even mentioning the hideous Palace witch Izzy.
  • Options
    x factor, deal or no deal & eastenders
  • Options
    "soaps". All of them. And "Reality" shows.And anything with "Ant & Dec". Or Bruce Forsythe. Or "Period drama's". And anything with Michael Bloody McKintyre in it.

Quite like Dr Who, Supernatural & Mock The Week tho'.
  • Options
    Gavin and Stacey
  • Options
    Miranda