Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T.V Programmes that annoy you.

Comments

• Options
    Miranda
    How on this green earth did anyone commision anything by this lovely lady.
    Lovely.
    Just not, in any way, shape or form, clever, witty, amusing, funny, mirthmacios, puntastic, .....
  • Options
    Football League Show - What a waste of time - 15 seconds or maybe more of bad camera work, glimpses of players dashing around and the ball hits the net ten seconds before the camera man follows the ball - Next game - producer says come on get the next game and the next as quick as you can - switch to next game and the next game. No faster get the next game on quick. For heavens sake hurry up 36 matches to cram into such a small time window.

All matches are several seconds long and it becomes an absolute blur in the end. The icing on the cake is we have two no nothing, no nuts dickhead presenters making such inane comments but they are making out they know everything about football and taking up valuable playing time which really proves what a complete nonsense this programme  is.

I hope i have given you the impression it's not my favou/rite TV show
    but apart from that, what has it taught you about yourself?

(shyte innit)
  • Options
    Miranda
    Lovely.
    Just not, in any way, shape or form, clever, witty, amusing, funny, mirthmacios, puntastic, .....
    I thought i was the only one who didn't find her funny. 
  • Options
    Missus loves it, must be a woman thing. 

It's when she speaks into the camera in that dreadful clowny way
  • Options
    Channel Four
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Miranda
    Lovely.
    I thought i was the only one who didn't find her funny. 
    She is a very nice lady. Nice.
    But for goodness sake.
    I have never, in 15 years of avid comedy club attendance, seen any less funny lady.
    How she hit the financial comedy big time defies belief.

Thanks Beds for making me realise I wasnt alone!
  • Options
    Missus loves it, must be a woman thing. 

It's when she speaks into the camera in that dreadful clowny way
    Definitely not a woman thing. No woman I know finds her anything other than slightly repulsive. Myself included. 
    Its that sort of programme that makes me wonder if I have anything in common with the majority of the human race. 
  • Options
    Can't stand J Ross or Graham Norton ( can't believe noones mentioned Norton yet) Big Brother and Eastenders, cookery Programmes, and daytime Tv, an extremely good reason to postpone retirement.
  • Options
    Step-dad likes a programme called "How its made" or sometimes called "How do they do it?" where they describe how pointless things in life are made i.e Tennis ball....can be interesting but after 10 mins, you just want to leave the house. 
  • Options
    Pretty much everything. 
    Reality shows, soaps, fashion shows, shows about other people buying houses (oh, you can afford to be a picky sh*t, congrats), British dramas, period dramas, shows with singing, competitive shows... Everything. 
    I only like some factual stuff, American cop shows and Star Trek. S'about it. Oh, and sports of course. 

British dramas v American cop shows & Star Trek - you are having us on aren't you (or are you a yank?).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like Miranda, but it is definitely more of a woman's show, my wife loves it.

And I know it has been said by pretty much everyone, but I hate X-Factor.  I teach primary school children, and they love it; I have a hard time trying to convince them that they shouldn't watch a 'talent show' that disregards ability, but rewards emotional immaturity.  I would love for  a singer who is actually good to go on there, but not give a damn whether or not they get through.  Actually, they would be elimated immediately for not having a severe mental breakdown within the first few episodes.  It is pitiful.

As for good programmes, I'm really enjoying 'Educating Essex' at the moment.  It's a terrible name, but a really interesting look at a modern secondary school.  It's also amazing if you've just been watching the terrifyingly poor and predictable Waterloo Road.
  • Options
    Chris Moyles quiz night, presime isn't awful but Chris Moyles is a complete and utter tosser.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Pretty much everything. 
    Reality shows, soaps, fashion shows, shows about other people buying houses (oh, you can afford to be a picky sh*t, congrats), British dramas, period dramas, shows with singing, competitive shows... Everything. 
    I only like some factual stuff, American cop shows and Star Trek. S'about it. Oh, and sports of course. 

British dramas v American cop shows & Star Trek - you are having us on aren't you (or are you a yank?).
    Nope, South London born and bred. Just a bit of a geek I guess. British dramas bore me to tears.  
  • Options
    Nothing like a sweeping statement eh mate - LOL. Each to their own I guess (unpatriotic bu**er) :-)
  • Options
    I quite like Miranda, but it is definitely more of a woman's show, my wife loves it.

And I know it has been said by pretty much everyone, but I hate X-Factor.  I teach primary school children, and they love it; I have a hard time trying to convince them that they shouldn't watch a 'talent show' that disregards ability, but rewards emotional immaturity.  I would love for  a singer who is actually good to go on there, but not give a damn whether or not they get through.  Actually, they would be elimated immediately for not having a severe mental breakdown within the first few episodes.  It is pitiful.

As for good programmes, I'm really enjoying 'Educating Essex' at the moment.  It's a terrible name, but a really interesting look at a modern secondary school.  It's also amazing if you've just been watching the terrifyingly poor and predictable Waterloo Road.

I honestly believe x factor has a negative affect on society, people think I go over the top about it, but I think it actually encourages stupidity and lazy -I deserve it all - attitudes.   
  • Options

I honestly believe x factor has a negative affect on society, people think I go over the top about it, but I think it actually encourages stupidity and lazy -I deserve it all - attitudes.   

This, though I can't work out if the x factor is a symptom or a cause

• Options

This must be a first, a longish thread with nothing to disagree with. Nothing to add other than I barely watch TV anymore.

• Options

This must be a first, a longish thread with nothing to disagree with. Nothing to add other than I barely watch TV anymore.

You took the words right out of my mouth.................
  • Options
    ..... it must've been while you were kissing me.
  • Options
    I swear it's true.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MOTD 2 with that irish guy dressed in cardigans every week
  • Options

Above all else . X factor.

A programe that by it's very title searches for someone with THE X FACTOR. Is won by Joe McEldry?

The greasy turd i did this morning after too many beers last night had more of the x factor than that Namby little twat.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Thought this thread had run its course, but I've just now accidentally pressed 105 instead of 405 on the buttons and caught sight of a programme called 'The Love Bus'. I didn't think Ch.5 could come up with a worse prog than Ch.4's 'Coach Trip' but they have! Won't go into detail but what a sad and embassing end for a once proud Routemaster! (though I suspect some of you wouldn't mind having your ticket punched by this particular clippie).

• Options

To hate it, you have to have watched it.

I have not seen a microsecond of Downton, but my missus never misses it...I don't know if it is any good. Sometimes I watch something I absolutely hate like Deal or No Deal, or Jeremy Kyle and I wonder how clever these people are for creating something so vile, yet I watch a bit of it.

I like the weather forecast but don't catch it every day. I like a bit of comedy too, even tolersting miranda, but somehow the USA comedy passes me by, except of course for the Simpsons which is pure genius.

• Options
    Seth, try 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. I have trouble with many U.S 'comedies' but my son persuaded us to give it a go and now we're hooked. Downton is a posh, period soap which comes nowhere near the quality of the writing and acting of 'Upstairs, Downstairs'.
  • Options
    The Hairy Bikers. Simpering notherners who giggle and say how wicked they are if they add a fifth of a glass of wine to some casserole they're cooking. They make a great case for retrospective abortion.
  • Options
    south park
  • Options
    south park
    Same here. I just dont get it.
  • Options
    its fully grown men that watch and then try and do the voices. plums.
  • Options

Irratetes me that on 'Wheeler Dealers': they never include any labour costs for all of Edd's hard work on the motors Mike turns up with. Probably because if they did they'd never make any money or actually make a loss!