Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T.V Programmes that annoy you.

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related

Yet another cowboy builder reality prog has started on BBC. A spin-off from the once respected, now woeful,'Watchdog' it's presented by the lightweight Chris Hollins (son of Chelsea's John). Not exactly your hard hitting investigator, but  he never actually gets invoved at the sharp end of things and just sticks to the voice-over. The team 'on the road' is headed by Chris's resident expert on all things to do with building and plumbing, Roger. Roger we are told can spot a dodgy drain repair from miles away. The twist in this prog. is that as well as finding cowboys, Roger pretends to be one himself and goes around doing bodge jobs and charging way over the odds for them. What a jolly wheeze! As if there aren't enough genuine rip offs for them to sort out. They go back later in the day to the house he's 'done' to tell the house owner how it was only pretend and he's been ripped off. Rogere, the show's producer and the crew all think it's hilarious and stand there laughing at him whilst the poor householder looks embassed and numb about it all. This has shades of Jeremy Beadle about it, but I don't remember JB actually humiliating people like this lot do! The Watchdog jokers on the 'bike are bad enough but these are even worse.

My opinion is not at all influenced by the fact that 30 years ago, the same Roger condemned  our central heating boiler/system, and said he'd fit a new one for us. We declined his offer and it lasted another 20 years. Cowboys, look closer to home BBC!  

Comments

• Options
    EASTENDERS
  • Options
    Any cookery programme, how many of these are on TV? Especially Masterchef...utter cack. Its not art, its a bit of grub.
  • Options

So much trash on these days. The original "Cowboy Builders" programme is pretty farcical - hard man Dom spends a couple of days trying to catch up with the offending "cowboy", giving the impression that he's going to either batter him senseless or make sure he gets banged up for 15 years, then he finally gets there and the builder just gets a stern talking to! Pathetic!

The X-Factor's pretty tedious - so much hype and tension, as we wait to discover who will be the most rapidly forgotten "celebrity" of 2012.

• Options
    Football League Show
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Most programmes on TV annoy me. If I start naming them though some clever dick will come on and say "Use the on/off button you muppet". I don't watch much TV but as I work in a very big, busy office and have a large circle of friends and a large family I am aware of a lot of TV shows although I don't watch them. They still annoy me.

X-Factor

BGT

Piers Morgan's chat show

The new Jonathon Ross show on ITV

Eastenders

Shameless

Waterloo Road

Question Time (Nowdays just dumbed down so much)

Oh I could go on and on all day......

• Options
    Any cookery programme, how many of these are on TV? Especially Masterchef...utter cack. Its not art, its a bit of grub.
    Cannot stand the presenters, particularly that fat baldie who claims to be a former Millwall hooligan.
  • Options

Hmm, I'd rather have The Football League Show and the extra time, than not.

The various talent shows that involve either celebrities dancing or members of the public singing cover versions just baffle me.  Not sure I hate them though.  I've got hundreds of channels so I watch something else or switch it off.  It keeps idiots gawping.   

• Options
    Pretty much most TV falls under this category, so I rarely spend much time watching it and even less time on generic programmes designed to fill the slots and keep the proles happy.
  • Options
    BBC South East, how they manage to fill a half hour news show from one of the most heavily populated areas of the country with total nonsense is astonishing.
  • Options
    All Soaps, X Factor, Cooking Shows, Dancing on Whatever.....yawn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anything under the subject heading 'reality show' and anything involveing famous people telling the public how to do non-fame related activities (ie DIY shows, house buying programmes etc).

Both of which are cheap to produce and therefore sadly make up 90% of all UK tv shows.

• Options

Some good stuff on though. The new series of Curb is excellent. New series of The Thick of It is coming soon, that is a fantastic show.

I enjoy Only Connect and Uni Challenge. Also lots of stuff on BBC 3 and 4 especially the old music stuff. Good Pink Floyd and OGWT stuff lately.

• Options
    Yes DRF, especially the one where the BBC drive peole to look at houses around the £1m. mark!
  • Options
    Yes DRF, especially the one where the BBC drive peole to look at houses around the £1m. mark!
    I know! And my wife didn't even tell me they were coming!
  • Options

The fact is, going in with a BBC camera gives you advantages that most people will never have and therefore telling us how easy it is to negotiate a great deal is stupid.

And most of the house prices are ten years old.

Glad to hear a new thick of it is coming.

• Options
    Midsummer murders , countryfile , the one show , crimewatch , question time , newsnight - all shit
  • Options
    edited October 2011

On a related subject did anyone see that documentary on crying last night? My missus reckons I have a soulmate in Jo Brand of all people! She was tearing shreds off the wimps and attention seekers who burst into tears on most of our tv programmes but especially the talent and reality shows.

Rule no 1 of any of those shows should be that if you cry...you are ejected from the show immediately.

In short then, any programme where the participants, especially if they are blokes, cry.

• Options
    That's done for the Oscars then, BA! :-)
  • Options
    New Two And a Half Men-not remotely funny without Charlie Sheen.
  • Options
    X factor, Britain's got talent, Big Brother, "documentaries" about people with physical defects, shows about lazy teenagers and bad parents, I'm a celebrity get me out of here, the one on BBC3 where they dress down people with individuality so they look like everyone else and then get a load of other vanilla people to tell them how good they look. So you think you can dance, Lloyd Webber audition shows, any kind of "fighting" except boxing. To name a few...  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any of the pretty much identical programs presented by Dom Littlewood (Fake Britain etc). They seem to be adopting the US format where they run several different stories each week and jump from one to the other. No problem with that but they recap each story every time they jump to it. I find it all to be a rather cynical method of padding out 15 minutes of actual content into a 30 minute show.
  • Options

A bit girly but love the new Sally Lindsay comedy on Sky 1 called Mount Pleasant. Over acting, cheesy predictable lines and exaggerated characters but it makes me chuckle. I doubt any men watch it though.

I dont really have a list off the top of my head of what programmes I hate. Have a long list of ones I have to sky plus to watch when I have time - tons of guilty pleasures and ones I am only allowed to watch when husband is out.  these programmes would probably make up his list of programmes he hates. :-)

• Options
    A shot while ago man of the people Dom was appearing in three  morning programmes a day.  
  • Options

oh yeah, good point rizzo - like on homes under the hammer etc - 'To keep you interested we'll show you this great thing then do something else and then we'll tell you what happens later in the show but not only that, we'll also show clips of what we did in the first half of the show in case you only just turned on making the first half an hour of this show totally pointless'

Also this new way of presenting programmes that have adverts by showing 'whats coming up in part 2' 'what happened in part 1' what will happen in part 3' what happened in part 2 after you've watched it' 'what happened last week' and 'what will happen next week'

how about you film more footage and not spend 15 mins doing recaps and previews after every ad break.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    There are so many but here are my pick.

Friends
    Coronation St
    Homes Under The Hammer
    Big Brother
    Songs of praise
    Strictly Come Dancing
    C.S.I ( Scooby doo for brainless adults)
    Anything with Jamie Oliver
    Any programme that Gwok bloke/woman
    Anything with Loui Spense
    Programmes that have to show the you the best bits at the start and have to recap what has happened after every break as if we all have altziemers.  

• Options

Embarrassing Bodies. How any one can watch that is beyond me.

Have to agree with BA about crying, especially in the X factor. Everyone seems to cry at the drop of a hat, judges, contestants, audience.

• Options
    Got to agree with comments about the Dom bloke. What i dislike is when they regurgitate old footage and stories with a new voice over by Dom. On Watchdog they start from the basis that they are defending our rights and any company on the program are dodgy or screwing us. Last night they had a segment on 'Pontins' in a follow up to a story from last year - cue footage of various unhappy consumers stating how run down the chalets were (didn't they watch the program last year?) etc. Spokesman from Pontins tried to point out that they had only bought the company in the last year, had implemented a policy of renovating the sites and that shutting down the sites temporarily would put staff out of work, they even asked Watchdog to visit the renovated chalets etc. Anne just kept on interrupting trying for the witty put downs. I'm no fan of Pontins but they did seem to have a fair case. Watchdog is as flawed as the companies they target, they have one agenda and have a set number of air time hours to fill regardless of whether they have the justified cases.
  • Options
    Oh yes, can I add "Anything with Anne Robinson" to the list please?
  • Options

Jerry Spinger.....and there's an English fella, who's name escapes me, who does a pretty similar show.

All credit to them though for having spotted a way of making a fortune out of absolute shyte!

• Options
    adsads
    edited October 2011
    anything with wok gan in it, eastenders, graham nortons show, supermarket sweep, ballamory, in the night garden, big brother, traffic cops, miranda, emmerdale farm, most haunted, the proms, songs of praise, last of the summer wine, location location location location