Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney Gets 3 Game Euro Ban

1235»

Comments

• Options

If you want England to do well, you take him, the reason why ? Quite simple he is the only world class player we have got end of.

You can all take the moral high ground and say leave him at home blah blah blah, but if you leave him at home we haven't got a single match winner left. Sad I know but true. 

Germany have done fairly well selecting players that fit in the national set up rather than have good club form. How many of our so called world class players over the past 10 years have not performed in tournaments?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's not a wind up. Why not actually think about it? Explain to me seriously what aspect of my idea is a wind up?
  • Options

If you want England to do well, you take him, the reason why ? Quite simple he is the only world class player we have got end of.

You can all take the moral high ground and say leave him at home blah blah blah, but if you leave him at home we haven't got a single match winner left. Sad I know but true. 

Which perversely is maybe why we'll do better without Rooney, great talent though he is.

Maybe with no "Stars" to accommodate and "build the team around"  we can play a balanced team who are more than the sum of the parts.

I still don't think it will be enough to beat Spain or Germany but maybe there will be a bit more unity, effort and pride.
  • Options
    Ban reduced to 2 games, so he'll be available v Ukraine.
  • Options
    After his miss against Basel I'm not sure we wanted the ban reduced
  • Options
    All he has the do now is not get sent off in the Europa League.

Shit.
  • Options
    Can he play on a Thursday? When does he visit that old slapper!!
  • Options
    With his record for England in tournaments, I'd leave him out. Rather have Princess Fiona or Donkey !
  • Options
    Don't bother taking him , will blow up in the tournie and do something stupid.
  • Options

I know its better for England to have his ban reduced, but jesus christ what a joke. what happened to this frivilous appeal lark, he should of got an extra game ban like all our players seem to get when ever we appeal for incidents thats should never have been a red card in the first place.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bullshit decision, did they just feel sorry for him because hes not in the champions league anymore, and they needed him in a major competition? If this was bent he would of had it increased!
  • Options
    He was awful last night. Do we really need him?
  • Options

I don't think Rooney has played that well for England for a while he seems to fit into the Steven Gerrard mould which is unbelievable for his club, mediocre for England. As for this idea that UEFA are to blame for this I just don't get, after all Rooney did his usual trick i.e. kicking someone on the ground and got red carded quite rightly in my opinion.If that is the case then a 3 game ban is warranted personally I see no point in taking him if we lose the first two games we are out so we have a player in the squard who can't play and if we do well we shouldn't change a winning team.

Having said all that after last year and our performance at The World Cup I really couldn't care less if we win or not.