Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney Gets 3 Game Euro Ban

Comments

• Options
    There's always those world beaters Crouch and Heskey to fall back on.
    We are England and we deserve to win.
    According to the English press anyway
    Crouch has an incredible scoring record for England ...
  • Options
    22 in 42 according to wiki.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I honest to god hope he doesn't go to the Euros, purely if just because I cannot stand the idea of spending most of the game looking at his ugly mug sitting on the bench or in the stands. Because you just KNOW that that's what the tv directors are going to be cutting to every chance they get. 

And here's Rooney's reaction to that goal.
    And here's Rooney's reaction to that chance there.
    Wayne Rooney there, still banned by UEFA of course. Will that effect their chances, Alan?
    Rooney in the stands there, Graham. How big of a miss is he for England?
    Wayne Rooney there smiling. But how much is he wishing he's on the field right now, Dave?

Kill me now.
  • Options
    Thought it was a bit better than that tbh, but thats still good.

• Options

It's absolutely useless if when it comes to big tournaments , hes out of form or suspended and history will tell thet Rooney has always been both. Get Rid.
  • Options
    This all plays into BWP's hands! Off u go to Poland Bradley!
  • Options

It's absolutely useless if when it comes to big tournaments , hes out of form or suspended and history will tell thet Rooney has always been both. Get Rid.
    We were talking about Crouch...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Take him along and if we get thru it's up to the manager to decide how to use him if/when we get thru the group stages , yes he's a bit of a div but he wouldn't appear to out of place in our ground
    I'll stick my neck out here , spain are the only team I fear as an England fan and with a bit of luck anything can happen, semis at least for us
    10% we win it 10% runners up 35% losing semis 25%losing quarters 20% group stage misery (if that's the format !)

You heard it here first
  • Options

"UEFA hate us"   
    This is true though, Henners, although I don't think it had any bearing on the decision.

Don't think they do at all.  English press likes to play this card everytime we don't get our way but there's no real evidence.  Other countries get fines and bans so even the "they would ban our fans if an English club did that" line that is trotted out after any crowd disorder doesn't hold any weight.

Remember English clubs were only finally banned after people died.

Platini admitted he was against England. I think he may have quite an influence. Others have died since - on a smaller scale - and had UEFA listened to the advice given by the English police before Hysel, it would not have happened. We will have to agree to differ on this one old chap.   

• Options

This thread illustrates more than most, the divergance of opinion at times like this. All I will say is for the future :-

Question. What do you get if you combine a highly talented sportsman with a brainless idiot ?

Answer. Wayne Rooney.

Actually I would rather try and win it with people with the right attitude.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

i dont like Wayne Rooney, I dont like Ashley Cole, I dont like Rio Ferdinand......etc etc etc...BUT i still love England.

he should go, can see us scraping through and then a fresh Rooney can redeem himself in the knockouts.

• Options
    Doesn't matter, Spain are going to have a tougher time getting to the airport then winning it, with Germany as runners up
  • Options
    Leave him at home

There are no more excuses for Rooney, he is supposed to be an experienced international but certainly doesn't act like it.  Apart from the sendings off he has had there are a number of times his petulance should have seen him sent off but got away with the ref not seeing it.

Yes he is a good player, but we have looked a better balanced side when he hasn't played.  Also if we qualify from the group stages then we should keep faith with the players that achieve it, because you can bet your bottom dollar that changing it and bringing Rooney back to the side it will go tits up. 

If we don't get through the group stages then the manager has got it his excuse lined up, 'it was because we were denied our top world class player', and the press can tell us all we were conned out of it because Rooney was unfairly dealt with. 
  • Options

3 games for violent conduct in a 38 game league season, fine. 3 games in a 6 game tournament, massively over the top 

Violent conduct is violent conduct, and this had intent. He gave him a kick, which wasn't delievered hard enough so he had another proper swing at him.

If it had been in game 1 of the qualifiers no one would say 3 games is harsh. It is 3 games from a 10 game qualifying campaign plus a 6 game tournament. I love Rooney andthink he will be a big miss but 3 games is right. 

• Options
    Rothko sticking up for Wayne rooney. odd. And being condescending to all who think he is a fool. Norm.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Rothko sticking up for Wayne rooney. odd. And being condescending to all who think he is a fool. Norm.
    Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Oh, and does condescending now equal, having a different opinion? 
  • Options
    I'd leave the petulant little twat at home. He was sod all use at the World Cup and I'm sure we'll manage without him in the Euros.
  • Options
    Seems an overharsh ban given that nobody was hurt.  That said no goals and no assists in the last two tournaments suggests he's not completely vital.  You still have to take him.  The fifth striker doesn't get used much in tournaments so it could be good to have the star man coming in fresh at the knockout stage.
  • Options

"UEFA hate us"   
    This is true though, Henners, although I don't think it had any bearing on the decision.
    Don't think they do at all.  English press likes to play this card everytime we don't get our way but there's no real evidence.  Other countries get fines and bans so even the "they would ban our fans if an English club did that" line that is trotted out after any crowd disorder doesn't hold any weight.

Remember English clubs were only finally banned after people died.

Platini admitted he was against England. I think he may have quite an influence. Others have died since - on a smaller scale - and had UEFA listened to the advice given by the English police before Hysel, it would not have happened. We will have to agree to differ on this one old chap.   

Had Liverpool fans not rioted it might not have happened either.  Always someone else's fault with us.
  • Options

Bexley Charlton flag

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think we are better off with Young, Bent, Downing upfront. All player together before at club level and with young and downing moving to top 5 clubs means they will improve. Bent will always find the back of the net.

Rooney has massively underperformed in previous tournaments anyway and now maybe is time for others such as Sturridge to force thier way into the squad.
  • Options
    Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Oh, and does condescending now equal, having a different opinion? 
    Many on here have different opinions - maybe i read it wrong but you're coming across as speaking down at people who you dont agree with.  i find it strange.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    He's not the only one! You seen that Harry Irving bloke?
  • Options
    Ahhh are you chirpy red?

• Options
    That fella with the Bexley flag goes everywhere
  • Options
    I agree it does seem a bit much - 3 game ban in a 6 game tournament. Probably would take him but only as an impact sub as has been suggested and if he works his way in to start fair enough.  He's good for man U as they tend to dominate games - for England he just gets frustrated as he's not as special as he thinks.We'll go out in the quarter finals anyway as soon as we play a good side.   
  • Options
    UEFA have been learning from the UK courts, no way was that worth a 3 game ban, so get off your moralising high horses
    Wasn't even a sending off.

• Options
    Isn't a straight red for violent conduct a 3-match ban in every competition? Not sure why it should be so different just because that neanderthal idiot decided to do it just before a major competition.
  • Options
    Rooney is no loss. He does not perform at the big events. Only in Euro 2004 did he show any sign of being a great international. We need a striker up front who would be a handful. If he develops I would like to see someone like Andy Carroll in there. Rooney is an idiot just like his missus.
  • Options
    Now England can start with

Hart, Richards/Jones/Smalling, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Parker, Wilshire, Gerrard, Young, Downing, Bent