Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rooney Gets 3 Game Euro Ban

Thats the whole of the group stage!
Trust UEFA to do us no favours.

Comments

• Correct decision I'm afraid.
  • Nobody to blame other than himself
  • Am surprised if this excludes the friendlies played before the Euro finals?  
  • edited October 2011
    Trust ROONEY to do us no favours, you mean. Thick, ill-considered, selfish twat. EDIT (Rooney that is - not you!)
  • Nevermind

If we cant get through the groups without him then we shouldnt be there anyway

Darren Bent Bent Bent...
  • Would you still have him part of the squad?

I would, but I'm sure others may see little point.
  • I wouldn't. Maybe it would finally knock some sense into that thick skull of his.
  • Others may see little point, but thousands would be up in arms at the idea of him not being in squad. And if we got to say the quarter finals, and it was felt that with Rooney we could've won the game then I think there'd be some effigies burnt. Personally, I think Darren Bent would probably suit the 4-3-3 system weve been using more lately more. Plus we wouldn't have Rooney's usual antics to put up with. 
  • We shouldn't take him. The man is an idiot and does not deserve to go. Give his squad place to someone with a brain.
  • We shouldn't take him. The man is an idiot and does not deserve to go. Give his squad place to someone with a brain.
    Unfortunately we should probably take another footballer
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately we should probably take another footballer

Good point
  • wouldn't take him. it would send out a message to players that they can't behave like that and get away with it.

I reckon they'll appeal and get it reduced to 1 game though.

• edited October 2011
    UEFA have been learning from the UK courts, no way was that worth a 3 game ban, so get off your moralising high horses
  • No sympathy for Rooney or the FA (now they know what it feels like). On ability Rooney has to be in the squad. If we took players personalities into account then at least half the squad wouldn't be selected (and we would have trouble picking a captain!)
  • UEFA have been learning from the UK courts, no way was that worth a 3 game ban, so get off your moralising high horses
    Not sure how you can say that. It was violent conduct, instant 3 match ban.

Also:
    @OptaJoeOpta Sports
    69% - England's win percentage since 2003 without Wayne Rooney in the side, compared to 60% when he has featured. Team.

I am not that fussed if he pays next summer or not, he has been in very good form for his club for the past year or so but for England, he hasn't been as influential
  • edited October 2011
    There's always those world beaters Crouch and Heskey to fall back on.
    We are England and we deserve to win.
    According to the English press anyway
  • It was a not even a red card
  • It was a not even a red card
    Are you colour blind?
  • edited October 2011

Take him. If we manage to scrape through the group hell be fresh and up for it for the knockout rounds. 

He petutlantly kicked out at a player bit like Beckham did at his age. No big deal and i think Henry's cheating was much worse when he handballed against the irish. It wasnt a cynical incident where he has tried to break a players leg or injure them, rather a red rag moment from a bit of a pratt. I find the diving, shirt pulling and other such cheating by players a lot more unsavoury.  And the media roll out the usual "role model for kids" line well anyone who thinks their children's role models should be modern premiership footballers need their heads looking at.

I dont particlarly like Rooney or most of the big name England players but it is the shirt I support and anything that gives us a chance of doing well ie having the granny- bothering chimp boy in the squad im up for if it gives us an advantage.   As for UEFA well like with FIFA its England against the world as per usual and i hope we stick it up em next summer.

• 3 games for violent conduct in a 38 game league season, fine. 3 games in a 6 game tournament, massively over the top 
  • Sponsored links:

• Take him. If we manage to scrape through the group hell be fresh and up for it for the knockout rounds. 

He petutlantly kicked out at a player bit like Beckham did at his age. 

But Beckham learnt from his mistake, how many more times are we supposed to forgive Rooney for lashing out at someone, and before someone says "oh but its part of his game you can't take that away" well I'm fairly sure a strikers job isn't to go round kicking and elbowing opponents. The bloke is a tit, yes he is talented but how many more times do we have to put up with him being a liability to the England team?
  • I think the bloke is an utter pratt but think an England squad is better with him in it than without.  Until he does something that most of us have never done on a football pitch before or does something off it that warrants his absence then he's a must be picked for me as much as i dont really like him.

• edited October 2011

Beckham was three or four years younger too.

They should take him as there is room for a +1 in a 23 man squad, but he should not be automatically parachuted into the team if England play convincingly without him.

• I'd tell him not to bother and go have a nice holiday in Dubai. We'll be on our way home after 3 games anyway.
  • edited October 2011
    Look at it this way....BWP kicks out a'la rooney at the end of the season against an opponent. Would you want him to be missing for the 3 play off games becuase he did something out of order or would you think feck it him in the squad  for these games gives us the best chance of promotion? No brainer for me.
  • Well he was brilliant in the world cup so I don't see how we could not take him to the Euros.
  • Agree chunes he was diabolical as were most of the numpties who turned up out there but realistically he is still one of the best players in the country.
  • edited October 2011
    3 games for violent conduct in a 38 game league season, fine. 3 games in a 6 game tournament, massively over the top 
    Totally agree with this. 

Given that the decision will almost certainly stand - I doubt the FA will appeal, I would leave him behind. A brooding, sullen, gameless Rooney sulking on the sidelines is likely to be even more disruptive than an brooding, sullen sulking Rooney playing every game like in South Africa.in my view.
  • 3 games for violent conduct in a 38 game league season, fine. 3 games in a 6 game tournament, massively over the top 
    This. No major loss though as he hasn't performed for years.
  • Why wouldn't the F.A appeal?