Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The boys of winter return - NHL is back

167891012»

Comments

• Pretty good, thanks. My predictions hold up pretty well, but this is such an interesting league! The best in the sporting world!

Never expected the coaching changes in Toronto, Vegas, Calgary, Dallas or Nashville. And the trade deadline will certainly throw things around.

Toronto looking decent without Babcock. Would you rather play Tampa than Boston in the first round?

Going into the season my money was layed on Vegas. Still hold them favourites to track down Vancouver, win the Pacific and go on a deep Playoff run.

Pittsburgh going much better than I expected, but Metro will be thight with 6 Playoff contenders. Maybe even 7. If Rangers trade the old Sweede and move forward with the two young Russian goaltenders, I believe they might push all the way. It certainly worked for Columbus, with two young goaltenders really stepping up after the Bobrovsky trade.

Good to see St. Louis going strong again. Dont understand why this still surprises some. And I personally have a soft spot for Ottawa, but that rebuild is so slow, and I am worried a Pageau trade slows it down even more.
  • edited February 3
    I fear for the Leafs.  Big chunk of the salary cap taken up on Matthews, Marner & Tavares - so getting decent defense was always going to be tough and not been helped by recent injuries to Reilly & Muzzin.   The play offs are about good defense and at this point they are not even guaranteed a play off spot. Need to do something before trade deadline.  

This is all being played out in front of a very expectant and impatient media/fan base.  I think the success of the Raptors in the NBA has made things worse for the Leafs.
  • Bruins seem to be over their wobble, would love to see where they would be in the table if the games were only over 2 periods. Been awful in 3rd period and OT but put together a few wins since after the all star weekend. 

Crying out for a 2nd line right winger and also a properly tough enforcer type as the boys have been pummelled recently, they thought it could be Brett Ritchie but after he recently shit out on the ice he’s been dropped to providence. 
  • The ASB definitely came at the right time for the Bruins who were starting to look tired. The first coupleof games back they’ve looked much better. Certainly getting Ritchie and Backes out of there helps, but they do need some more size. 

If Miller can come back, that adds size and a bit more intimidation on the D, but trading for a top 6 right wing is what they really need. 

It is good to see the Battle of Alberta back on. I think most fans would rather see more Division games to get those rivalries really going. It’s hard to really hate a team you only see 3 time a year. Apart from the Canadiens, it’s really easy to hate them even if they are crap. 
  • Bruins seem to be over their wobble, would love to see where they would be in the table if the games were only over 2 periods. Been awful in 3rd period and OT but put together a few wins since after the all star weekend. 

Crying out for a 2nd line right winger and also a properly tough enforcer type as the boys have been pummelled recently, they thought it could be Brett Ritchie but after he recently shit out on the ice he’s been dropped to providence. 
    Canucks any chance tonight, Greenie?