Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COMMUTING DISLIKES

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday a bloke on the train was so intent on having enough space to read his paper that he was essentially forcing me to spoon him
  • Options
    Four or Five carraige trains just before and during the rush hour. (Note to Southeastern trains - Put the full amount of carraiges on and they wont be so over-crowded, you numptys).

The reason for this will make your blood boil.  They've got to provide a certain number of services.  They pay a charge to the track providers based on the size of train and where it stops.  So they're incentivised to run long trains off peak as they also pay more in rush hours and they pay more for stopping at busy stations : which is why they run fast through busy stations at peak hours.  Ridiculous.

If the regulator flipped this method around it'd solve a lot.

• Options
    Commuters that aren't me.
    When someone has run to catch a train and they breath heavily, their breath always stinks.
  • Options

When the train is not even moving but the doors are closed... yet they say "you've missed the train"

NO I HAVEN'T IT IS STILL SITTING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the people on mobiles discussing their life story thinking everyone on the train cares...

Last but least the ridiculus prices and delays.

• Options
    Commuting by car at the moment, so my pet hate is police cars driving down the A2 forcing me to stick to the speed limit.
  • Options

Just last night my mate see 2 blokes with there wifes get off at london bridge & go up to the bloke on the ticket barrier & tell them they dont have tickets. The bloke at the ticket barrier opened the gate, smiled & gave his fellow 'brothers' the respect touch on the hand & let the 4 of them through.

And to think i got fined by going up to the ticket office on the platform at charin x once to buy a ticket before getting through the barriers really gets my goat

• Options
    People not moving down the carriage when you shout "Move down please" and they have loads of space.

People (invariably women) doing their make up on the train, get up earlier we don't need all those silly faces first thing in the morning 
  • Options
    People not moving down the carriage when you shout "Move down please" and they have loads of space.

People (invariably women) doing their make up on the train, get up earlier we don't need all those silly faces first thing in the morning 

People who shout "move down please" when I have loads of room
  • Options

People on the way back from Charlton who shout move down please, and there is no room!
  • Options
    Having commuted for 10 plus years this thread is making me feel so good about working from home ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you have a window seat and the person next to you doesn't want to let you out, what knobheads, end up having to kick them to get them to notice

All the chinese people in london seem to get on the same buses as me and then give their daily shopping from tesco a seat

Screaming babies, I could kill them after about 2mins
  • Options
    Bumping into someone from work at the station and being expected to make polite conversation all the way there/back.

Blackfriars station always being shut.  I don't know what they are doing, but it had better be good after all this time.

City AM.   Was there ever a duller rag?

The stupid sod who was so desperate to give me a City AM the other day (just because I was wearing pinstripes) that he nearly knocked the poor woman next to me flying.

When you want someone to get off the train so that you can claim their newspaper but they stay on until the end of the line. 
  • Options
    I assume that if there was thread called 'Commuting Likes' it would be an empty thread.
  • Options
    I assume that if there was thread called 'Commuting Likes' it would be an empty thread.
    The one thing I like about commuting is the opportunity to catch up on my reading. The problem is that all the mobile phoneys, screaming babies, pointless announcements etc make it difficult to concentrate.
  • Options

People who shout "move down please" when I have loads of room
    You! :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

The vast array of vacuous perma tanned tarts (male and female) who seem  to mistakenly be under the impression that everyone else in the carriage wants to hear about their latest crisis after an night out in the Bridge Bar as they discuss on their mobiles such life or death issues as why "that bloke who smashed Shell's back doors in behind the kebab shop" hasn't called her since.

Like being strapped to a chair with Only way is Essex on loop except more often or not you wont even get a seat.

Oh and "yoof" that have that shite music blaring out of their phones also makes me want to do a resevoir dogs on them.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sitting down only to realise after a minute the seat is wet!!!!
    Maybe the seat was dry when you sat down :-)

Getting on a bus in China is quite the experience, 90% of the people on the  starbust pointing/laughing and staring.
  • Options
    The Dawn of the dead style scenes of people walking around like zombies on iphones.

South West Trains are always late

Paying for a ticket on a train which ends up being completely packed while 5-6 carriages of first class sit empty
  • Options
    Sitting in the middle seat of a three seat row - especially if someone beside you it huge and sweaty. Their wet legs pressing against you, transferring a wet patch to your trousers...nice :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hate bus drivers who just drive past my school so they don't have to deal with the all the squeaky year 7's. Have to walk down to stops to get on the bus now. And another thing is when on the bus all the younger kids group together on the bus and make such a racket. Wow I sound like an old man and I'm only 15 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Dawn of the dead style scenes of people walking around like zombies on iphones.

South West Trains are always late

Paying for a ticket on a train which ends up being completely packed while 5-6 carriages of first class sit empty
    SWT (or any operator for that matter) don't run any trains with that much first class accommodation.