Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COMMUTING DISLIKES

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011
    My son gets very upset when he finds someone standing on his spot on the platform of a morning. Anyone else get annoyed about this?
    As much as it pains me to say it, I do, sad I know.
  • Options
    The bloke at Liverpool Street tonight who nearly took my nose off carrying a bike over his shoulders.
  • Options

Commuting dislikes - commuting.

A waste of four hours a day.

• Options

Amongst all this massively irritating stuff I really don't see the problem with trainers and suits!

How about people on trains in the rush hour when they don't need to be - no sense of urgency and no understanding of rush-hour etiquette.

People who take noisy kids into the quiet coach.

People who insist on talking utter b*ll*cks throughout the whole journey.

Loud snotty snoring (usually the fat bloke).

Make-up application (get up a wee bit earlier?)

Someone's tea or coffee in permanent danger of spilling onto your suit/trainer combo.

The disgusting smell of a health-food meal with dressing being noshed on the train. It lingers even if the nosher can be bothered to put the plastic carton in a bin (unlikely).

Thinking "whooppee I have found the one remaining seat" - only to find it comes with chewing gum or a suspicious wet patch.

• Options
    Here's one: Person who insists on taking the aisle seat even though he/she is going all the way to Charing X and I'm getting off at London Bridge. For "excuse me" read "butt out kn*bhead" when it comes to my stop.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I don't see the problem with trainers and suits. Ok, the people look stupid, but why would it possibly annoy you?!

Taking the aisle seat not an issue either. All you have to do is ask and people will let you sit down. What's the big deal. I always choose the aisle seat so I can chuck my dodgy leg out in the aisle and don't get cramp.

People being inconsiderate either by being smelly, noisy or downright thick is another matter.

• Options
    People who stand right in front of a just-arrived train with no intention of getting on it. If this isn't your train, don't stand that close to the edge of the platform!!
  • Options
    My son gets very upset when he finds someone standing on his spot on the platform of a morning. Anyone else get annoyed about this?
    As much as it pains me to say it, I do, sad I know.
    I dont like people sitting on my usual seat.
    Also people who bring  coffee or tea from home them drink from them silly metal cups, cant they just get up earlier and have a drink before going out?
  • Options

When it's the hottest day of the year and they cancel your train and it is rammed. Then the train crawls home slower than a snail. Animals going to slaughter have more rights than us commuters.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    People shouting "move down please" on a crowded train when you are packed in like sardines!

People eating Burger King or McD's! (especially when people get the dips out).

People who talk on their mobiles as if the whole carriage wants to hear them - TOSSERS NO ONE CARES!

Rant Over.....

I think
    Guilty as charged

Sorry , didn't realise i made you so miserable ;-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People holding onto the handrail , and you can clearly see their sweaty pits through their shirt ... ergh... get some deodorant on woman! ;-0
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Commuting is soul less , i hope its better now days as people have better technology available , ie mobile phones etc for entertainment , i did it for 6 and a half years , and couldn't consign myself to doing it for the rest of my life, people looked so miserable and unhappy.
  • Options
    People peeling oranges or bananas
  • Options
    I see some things never change

I commuted from Abbey Wood to Charing Cross for 16 years man and boy, and I can honestly say the commuting to London was the main reason me and the wife gave up the 9 to 5 grind and moved to the coast in 1987.

Some of the things that used to piss me off were: 
    ASLEF train drivers strikes
    Short notice cancellations for no good reason.
    People who used to pull the train-door window right down on freezing cold winter days because they "can't breathe" (never mind us freezing our bollocks off)
    Accidentally getting in a smoking carriage
    Having to put up with ignorant neanderthals defiantly smoking in a non-smoking carriage
    Faulty windows stuck open on a pouring wet day, so that when the train stopped the person in the window seat got the equivalent of a bucket of water thrown in their lap
    People who got on the train on wet days and put their soaking umbrella in the luggage rack to drip on the heads of those below ( the luggage racks were above the seats then not along the edge)
    People falling asleep and sliding down, so their head was on your shoulder
    The fear of barf or piss coming in your window from late night revellers further up the train
    A million other things I've now forgotten
  • Options
    One more trip and you will soon remember them again!
  • Options
    I actually don't mind commuting as it's an opportunity to read. But what I've grown to dislike is automated announcemnets, especially the one that tells you all the stations you'll be visiting en route and the one about not leaving your personal possessions or luggage on the train.
  • Options
    Pulling into a station and there are something like two hundred Japanese students in one school party, deciding to all get in the same carriage. Your carriage.

The thing is I actually don't mind students. I'm just racist.
  • Options
    Me.  Thats me.  Seems to be a competition between me and two others to get to the "spot" first every morning.  Have seen off one bloke over the last 12 months who now automatically stands at the spot for the doors further up.  The woman in competition literally broke into a sprint when she saw me come through the ticket barriers the other day to make sure she got to the spot first.

One other one that no one has mentioned yet, women doing their bloody nail varnish on the carriage.  FFS, it even says on the bottles not to be used in a confined area.

There's also a guy who gets on my carriage occasionally who reads aloud to himself.  Pulls out a folder from his briefcase, puts it on his laps, pulls out a ruler, puts the ruler underneath the first sentence, reads it alouds, moves ruler down, reads aloud the next sentence, etc.  Bloody infuriating.  Actually told him to shut up and read to himself before.

This has the potential to be a very very long thread lol.
  • Options
    When the train has not moved for 30 minutes with no explanation. Southeastern.
    There is a worse variation of this on Southwest trains. The same inane automatic announcements prattle away everyday for 15 minutes before you leave Waterloo "please keep your belonging with you ..." "passengers must ensure they have a valid ticket ..." etc etc. Then when the train stops unexpectedly and you need information - silence.
  • Options
    The panic that ensues the second you take a gun out.  It's not like you've fired the thing.  Pricks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing I dislike most is not being a commuter, but just heading up to london to meet some people or go to Borough Market or something, and getting caught amongst thousands of bitter commuters that are so hardened to the rush hour that they literally don't give a shit.
  • Options
    Just think of the quality of broccoli and arancini you'll get at Borough Chunes
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I see some things never change

I commuted from Abbey Wood to Charing Cross for 16 years man and boy, and I can honestly say the commuting to London was the main reason me and the wife gave up the 9 to 5 grind and moved to the coast in 1987.

Some of the things that used to piss me off were: 
    ASLEF train drivers strikes
    Short notice cancellations for no good reason.
    People who used to pull the train-door window right down on freezing cold winter days because they "can't breathe" (never mind us freezing our bollocks off)
    Accidentally getting in a smoking carriage
    Having to put up with ignorant neanderthals defiantly smoking in a non-smoking carriage
    Faulty windows stuck open on a pouring wet day, so that when the train stopped the person in the window seat got the equivalent of a bucket of water thrown in their lap
    People who got on the train on wet days and put their soaking umbrella in the luggage rack to drip on the heads of those below ( the luggage racks were above the seats then not along the edge)
    People falling asleep and sliding down, so their head was on your shoulder
    The fear of barf or piss coming in your window from late night revellers further up the train
    A million other things I've now forgotten
    ah, dribblers....
  • Options
    Pulling into a station and there are something like two hundred Japanese students in one school party, deciding to all get in the same carriage. Your carriage.

Whaa?
    How do you know they were Japanese, not Chinese or Korean?
    Is there really a large Japanese school on your commuting route?
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate!
  • Options

Whaa?
    How do you know they were Japanese, not Chinese or Korean?
    Is there really a large Japanese school on your commuting route?
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate!
    There's only 2 things that I hate more than commuting, racists and Asians. ;-)

People who don't walk straight, some guy decided to change his direction today and nearly went straight in to me and he was walking toward me, weirdo.
    People who walk past the yellow line when the platform is packed, it only takes one person standing on the line to not realise....
  • Options
    Selfish bastards who delay my journey by jumping in front of the train, do it off peak you attention seeking arseholes!
  • Options
    I've never commuted, but am I right in assuming that all those blokes on the stations of London and Kent in padded hooded faux-fur lined jackets are in fact Charltonlifers scribbling down in their little notebooks all the things they hate about something they do every weekday?

I always wondered what they were doing
  • Options
    Selfish bastards who delay my journey by jumping in front of the train, do it off peak you attention seeking arseholes!
    Agree with this completely.  Ive always thought why would you want the last enduring memory of you to be 10,000 angry commuters on the victoria line thinking what a pr*ck you are for wasting another 30 minutes of their lives?
  • Options

Blokes who insist on sitting next to you with their legs spread wide open, pushing the people either side of them against the window or off their seat.

I am sure your penis isn't that big.

• Options

Blokes who insist on sitting next to you with their legs spread wide open, pushing the people either side of them against the window or off their seat.

I am sure your penis isn't that big.

I always push their legs back, wankers.