Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COMMUTING DISLIKES

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
 3 things that are close to pushing me over the commuting edge

1] Small cases with wheels and long extending handles ....just carry the blasted thing ! dont drag it behind you on crowded streets,station concourses,platforms and wait to cripple someone , its damned inconsiderate !...these are excusable if they are large and pushed around at an airport otherwise users lack of consideration for others appals me ..if theres anyone who wants to defend them... well have at thee! its palace programmes at 20 paces for you
2]Rucksacks ...if you have to wear one take it off the moment you get on the train ,it is not a fashion hump! everytime time you turn round wearing one you will obliviously yet inconsiderately smack someone in the chops ...or just get a bag/case or the use the rucksack for the hiking/camping holiday you never go on
3]Trainers with a suit ....for Gods sake why !!!!! just get some comfortable normal shoes

Comments

• Fat people that take up a seat and a half. Eating too much is not a thyriod problem fatty!
  • People who wait by the door 5 minutes before the train stops, especially when they walk slower than a toddler when they get off the train, well done you must be very proud of yourself to save those 10 seconds.
  • I could list about 50 things just off the top of my head. Commuting is one of the worst aspects of working life and I hate it with a passion.
  • people who get on a train and then immediately stand by the door rather than move in when there's loads trying to squeeze on behind

people who take bikes on a train, ride the f**king thing

as said above, far to many more to mention...
  • Having to sit next to somebody who absolutely stinks.

It's 2011, you have a shower, use it!
  • Yes all of those too

What are the chances of introducing a sedan chair service from Bromley to the City.?..no carbon footprint  !
  • People shouting "move down please" on a crowded train when you are packed in like sardines!

People eating Burger King or McD's! (especially when people get the dips out).

People who talk on their mobiles as if the whole carriage wants to hear them - TOSSERS NO ONE CARES!

Rant Over.....

I think
  • I could list about 50 things just off the top of my head. Commuting is one of the worst aspects of working life and I hate it with a passion.

What rizzo said
    I could be hear all day listing things
    A few are southeasterns staff, prices, service, heating on in the summer, heating off in the winter. Hitting there targets so they can jack prices up. There targets must be lower than Maggie thatchers fun bags
  • Commuting.

Never done it long term. Never will.

Using South Eastern daily would take 5-6 years off your life.
  • People talking really loudly on the phone pisses me off. And espcially when people are yapping on about work. AS IF ANYONE GIVES A TOSS PAL! Do your work when you arrive at work?! Simples.

Flying past the den and catching a glimpse of it, that's not good. Ever.

Overcrowding- Its 2011, we all pay a LOT of money. How on earth can the people in charge not add more services to reduce overcrowding?

Not having toliets on some trains. Running for the last train after 10 pints to find you need one, but oh look there isn't any on this train! Great.

• Sponsored links:

• Fat people that take up a seat and a half. Eating too much is not a thyriod problem fatty!
    You shouldn't let em talk to you like that
  • People pushing to get on before you get off. 
    Sorry, but if some pr*ck get in my way as I'm coming off the train/tube because you're too impatient to wait I WILL, deliberately, put the shoulder in.

Also, totally agree with the small bag on wheels thing.  Especially when its a grown man.  Unless you're carrying lead/dark matter in that thing, PICK IT UP you pathetic c***
  • I hate the way it seems to take twice as long to get home at night as it does to get to work in the morning.
  • We live near Gatwick where lots of people with lots of luggage catch trains to London. They happily dump their stuff all over seats they haven't paid for and grumble when you get on at somewhere like Redhill and ask them to move their stuff so you can sit down.  Also, people who light up as soon as they reach the street, giving you a face full of smoke!
    You shouldn't let em talk to you like that
    Melt!
  • People with BO in the morning, insane.

Cyclists with with their bikes.

People who pick their nose and think no one can see.

People who put their bags on the seats when it has been raining outisde. Not a clue.
  • Virtually all of the above:

People listening to loud rubbish music with crappy headphones (usually white) and leaking thear tinny, sh1tty taste into my airspace. 

People who get on a train in one door then walk up the train.  It's quicker to walk up the platform, pick the carraige you want and then get on there.  If you're hoping to find some oasis where there are plush seats, complimentary nibbles and maidens at your beck and call, stop searching now.  All the carraiges will be as full as the one that you started in, they'll just contain slightly more hacked off commuters because you've just uneccesarily pushed past them. 

People who insist on starting to get off when the train leaves the station before.  Yes, I understand that you are too stupid to realise that there's ample time to get off if you make your move when the train stops and if you're not affecting anyone else then your stupidity doesn't bother me.  But if it's a packed carraige - most of whom are getting off anyway - that you're trying to negotiate yourself through, just wait.

People who keep trying to make a telephone call when the train is going through tunnels.  "Hello.  Hi.  Can you hear me?  Hello?  It's me.  Hello".  Phone rings again.  "Don't know what happened there.  Anyway... hello?  Are you still there?  Hello"  Rings again.  "Dunno what's going on.  Hello"  They don't wait underground, just wait 10 minutes before conducting your earth shattering business.

• People that yawn and don't put there hand over there mouth, so I have to smell stinking morning breath! BRUSH YOUR TEETH!
  • An elbow in my ribs

People on my feet

People on their phones

People who think the train is a library and music shouldn't be listened to

School trips

School holidays

Feet up on the seet

Ticket inspectors who let people off when they pretend they can't speak English

Ticket inspectors

Busy bodies

The heaters on in the summer

The windows open in the rain

SOUTHEASTERN!
  • Oh and people who don't even give you a chance to get off the train before they try to get on
  • Sponsored links:

• People who keep pressing the doors open button before the light has come on. JUST WAIT!!!
  • People who keep pressing the doors open button before the light has come on. JUST WAIT!!!
    I had a kid infront of me last night who just stood there when the train stopped waiting for the doors to open - he was totally wasted so I had to lean across and do it for him!
  • I thought the trainers with suit thing was ridiculous and vowed never to do it UNTIL I started working up town. 8 months later and having gone through 2 (not cheap) pairs of work shoes, simply by walking so much in them, I started to see the logic in preserving the integrity of your work shoes by only wearing them around the office.
  • I thought the trainers with suit thing was ridiculous and vowed never to do it UNTIL I started working up town. 8 months later and having gone through 2 (not cheap) pairs of work shoes, simply by walking so much in them, I started to see the logic in preserving the integrity of your work shoes by only wearing them around the office.
    I'm wearing trainers at the moment. Don't normally do it but my work shoes got so wet in the monsoon on Tuesday that they're still soggy now. Finding the trainers so much more comfortable to walk to and from work in though and as that's just under an hour a day walking I'm thinking of sticking with them and just wearing shoes around the office.
  • Getting 'bum shouldered' annoys me big time.

For those unaware of 'bum shouldering' it is when sitting in an aisle seat (often near the door) and your shoulder gets continuously bumped by the arses of the standing passengers nearby.

• Far far too many to mention but fat people shouldnt be allowed a seat in my opinion when they take up half of mine.

People that want to listen to (usually shite) music really loud.

People who put their bags on the floor instead of the luggage rack and then get the hump when I kick it (on purpose)

Snorers

People who text or use the keypad on their phone with sound on

People, well when I say people usually two 40 plus year old women nattering rubbish loudly

People who phone home moaning about the trains being delayed the minute the train shows any sign of slowing down

People watching a film on their IPad/Laptop and laughing out loud.

£3000 a year I pay for this!!

• I pay even more anda gree with all above but silent but deadly farts deserve a mention too.
  • People who take a newspaper into the lavatory on the Sidcup line and then announce the ten minute warning when they exit.

Young ladies with far too much cleavage which bounces around when you go over the points.

People on mobiles who say 'I'm on the train'

Coffee and tea drinkers who look like they don't give a sh*t if they spill it all over the place

Fare dodgers - (We know who you are!)

God botherers - Yes we get few now and then, very difficult to avoid too!

Big Issue sellers

Feet/bags on seats and reluctant to move them

Window lickers

Fidgets

• Young ladies with too much cleavage? Are you sure??