Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Smith Signs

Comments

• Options
    Darren Bent was shit when he left Ipswich so forgive me if I take your comments as sour grapes.
    ?  Clarification needed?
  • Options
    Darren Bent was shit when he left Ipswich so forgive me if I take your comments as sour grapes.
    ?  Clarification needed?
    When we bought Bent Ipswich fans constantly told us he was no good and wouldn't do it in the Premier League.  Obviously only some who posted on the old Netaddicks forum's sister Ipswich site but that's what they said.

So large is saying lets judge ourselves rather than rely on one or two Darlo fans
  • Options

He is tall, he is skillful and he does get into the right positions. He just doesn't seem to score!

To me, these sound the credentials of a potentially very good striker.  At 19, the talent of getting into the right positions is the one you want to see.  With maturity, coaching, and sports psychology support the scoring should eventually follow. 

I remember how Mike Flanagan couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards at first, but he was always putting himself in the right places for the chances to fall to him, and eventually the goals came.
    Around the same time, as a kid I remember going with my Dad to see a Fulham match, when Bobby Robson was their manager.

They had this 19 year old gangly centre forward who got himself in the right positions time after time, yet missed every chance he had.
    Fulham lost 1-0 that night....... and their fans though he was hopeless.

Who was he? Malcolm Macdonald; legendary Newcastle, Arsenal and England goalscoring machine - Supermac as they called him at the time.

Just checked his stats: 199 goals in 395 matches. Not bad, eh?

Reading through the OS article, young Smiffy has got the wow! factor just being here, like Bradley Pritchard.
    Lets hope he takes his opportunity!

• Options
    ?  Clarification needed?
    When we bought Bent Ipswich fans constantly told us he was no good and wouldn't do it in the Premier League.  Obviously only some who posted on the old Netaddicks forum's sister Ipswich site but that's what they said.

So large is saying lets judge ourselves rather than rely on one or two Darlo fans
    Thanks.  I was at that first Sunderland game so had misread Larges post!
  • Options

Poor form by Darlington to reveal an undisclosed fee.

• Options

Poor form by Darlington to reveal an undisclosed fee.

i'm quite happy with it to be honest. i'm fed up of not know how much player's cost
  • Options
    It's not our right to know whether or not you agree with it. We're not shareholders and it's not our money being spent.
  • Options

I'm not sure why the Mysterons need to cloak everything do with so much secrecy, but it's their money and therefore their prerogative.

• Options
    Yes, a bit out of order that despite it being interesting to know.

Implies that we paid 75K upfront while Bristol City's 80K was to be in stages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having assumed that we had to shell out 100K, it looks like a good bit of negotiation.

Poor form revealing the fee though.
  • Options
    I seem to recall when Dale Stephens was signed that someone on an Oldham forum commented that the need to keep the fee "undisclosed" was written into the contract. If so then I would presume the same goes with the other signings including Smith.
  • Options
    I seem to recall when Dale Stephens was signed that someone on an Oldham forum commented that the need to keep the fee "undisclosed" was written into the contract. If so then I would presume the same goes with the other signings including Smith.
    we probably wouldn't come out of it in a good light if we took action against a little non-league team.
  • Options
    we probably wouldn't come out of it in a good light if we took action against a little non-league team.

It's not worth sueing over, Raj Singh obviously didn't read the contract that he signed and presumably negotiated.

• Options
    £75,000 for a non-league player?

Doesn't Powell what he's doing ? We could have got two Simon Francis for that sum!
  • Options
    according to the player profiles on the OS he has made one sub appearance in the League, anyone able to tell me how he done as I blinked and missed it. 
  • Options
    Okay, I'll tell you, Large me ol' mate.

2 seasons ago Darlington were in League 2 but lost their League status.
    And in one League 2 match, Smith came on as sub.

;o)
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley, Who are they?
  • Options
    Good move for the lad. League two is probably his level at the moment. !st team football as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't Robert Elliott on loan there and didn't he save the penalty that secured their return to league football
  • Options
    Wasn't Robert Elliott on loan there and didn't he save the penalty that secured their return to league football
    Yes. Randolph also went there. Look where both of them are now!
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley, Who are they?

No, who is he?
  • Options
    Has scored twice for Accrington against the Gillians and are winning 3-1
  • Options
    And created the other goal.
  • Options
    Hat-trick for Smith!!
  • Options
    He is tall, he is skillful and he does get into the right positions. He just doesn't seem to score!

Great summary from the FM researcher, via Scoham, on Smith when he joined : - )
  • Options
    Just read this on accrington forum, sounds promising.

Contrast that with the brilliant Michael Smith who was still galloping around on 90+4 minutes. Smith not only bagged a hat trick and an assist but also blocked a shot which looked certain to go in. His movement, technical ability and awareness impresses me and he seems to be a calm figure which is why goals will come easily for him. He could go far.
  • Options
    Great day for the lad on his debut in league football. Long may it continue!
  • Options
    Maybe another astute decision by SCP & his backroom team? Mind you remember that hat trick against Liverpool - the player never came to much - scored more against us since he left!