Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Smith Signs

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
young striker

Comments

• got a good feeling about this one

passes the height test at 6'4. 

feel optimistic about him and I think he could do well
  • Powell saying he is one for the future. So, we are still a striker short then.
  • 6 foot 4!!!
  • not if Benno stays and if CP counts Euell
  • used correctly and with patience sounds like a good signing

good luck young man

• A northern lump up front, proper football
  • 6 foot 4!!!
    can he play at the back?
  • edited August 2011
    Peter Crouch with a side parting.
  • Sponsored links:

• assuming he doesn't figure for a while, but Pritchard has so why not, then even if Benno stays I'd like another striker because I don't class Euell as one. If Benno goes then I'd like two. Can't see that happening.
  • edited August 2011

Hes a big strapping lad isn't he, if he does get a game I am worried we might end up playing long ball.

• danny green should be able to whip some beauty's on this lumps head.  
  • Apparently he was on trial at the end of last season so Powell obviously knows all about him. Optimistic.
  • a lot of clubs bigger than us have had a look good young prospect not ready yet but a good signing

wait for the under whelmed comments to come in

• I hope he turns out to be a great signing for CAFC.
  • Is he wearing a wig?
  • wait for the under whelmed comments to come in

I'm not one of them but i'm also not going to get excited by this. Definately seen by the club as a promising prospect but don't think we'll see too much of him this season, apart from maybe the odd run out in a cup game.
  • Great signing - hope he does well
  • good luck to him.  I have never heard of him but then I hadn't heard of the last 17 blokes we signed (Euell apart)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Three year deal and guess what...the fee is undisclosed...
  • Darlington fans on their forum dont seem to think much of him.

I'll take CP and his teams opinion over a few fans. His signings so far seem pretty good to me. In any case this is. Bit of a punt so can't have cost much.
  • One for the future but so was Simon Walton...remember him!
    Just like our fans didn't seen to think much of Racon and Semedo when they left. 
  • They rejected a bid of 80k so cant have been that cheap.

Was 5th choice striker.
  • went on trial at stoke in the summer. ok he didnt get a contract but if prem clubs that are in europe looked at him then there must be something about him.

Just like our fans didn't seen to think much of Racon and Semedo when they left. 
    I didn't think much of them when they were here let alone when they left
  • Must have been about 100k unless we offered more upfront than Bristol City were prepared to pay. Must have something about him if Championship and PL clubs have been following his progress.
  • JTJT
    edited August 2011
    ''He's not a bad player, decent at holding up the ball, good touch for a big man bla bla bla. Still very, VERY raw though and will need some development before he gets anywhere near your first team. Especially on his finishing which can be awful at times.

He was OUR fifth choice striker at best - we weren't just keeping him out of the team in case we sold him!

Good luck to him though, I hope he eventually turns out good for you''