Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United Away - 1st October

Comments

• Options
    2 draws at mk and sheff u will be 2 good results IMO. Anything more would be a bonus. But I dont think we should change our game plan. Just go there and do what we've been doing
    I would like to win one of them how as you said two draws would be excellent as long as we keep winning against the " lesser " sides.
  • Options
    National Express Coach return funfare for £11.50 (inc 50p booking fee) leaves Victoria Coach Station at 8:30 and gets to Sheffield at 12:40 and is about a 10min walk from the ground. Return leaves at 6:15 getting to London at 22:20. Cheaper alternative to Valley Away
  • Options
    Has anyone got any info as to how many tickets have been sold ?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Ralph Milne said

Us old un's remember a Leauge cup tie when Shef Utd were in Div one and
    us in Div 3 (I think). Drew 0-0 away replay at the valley, 2-1 up in
    extra time , I think it may have been Tutt in goal, ran out left goal
    empty and was chipped for 2-2. Second replay (yes it was that long ago).
    Went to Bramall lane was a three sided ground (Two ends one side) and
    on the far side was the county cricket ground. 90 minutes 0-0. Extra
    time 8 to go, they scored a goal at least 30 yards offside. Ref and lino
    looked at each other and gave it. They just did'nt want a fourth game !
    That sparked mayhem, and led to big punch up outside. Remember Sheff
    hard core had their boots painted different colours to show their
    ranking in the hooligan firm. I must have been 18. So I am guessing at
    74/75 anyone else remember this game.

Was at the home game only because it was midweek I played on Saturdays in those days. It was 72/73 season and I think the keeper who got mugged off by the corner flag was John Dunn ex Man Utd (bit of a nutter - rush of blood to the head merchant) and yes Six-a-bag-of-nuts I also think Tony Currie was in their team, as well as a right winger with a cannon ball right foot shot called Alan Woodward?
  • Options
    My eldest texted me and a bunch of his mates to see who's up for this, lot of interest. Can't wait 10.30 out of St Pancras is the plan.
  • Options

What? Go to fortress Sheffield? You're all mad. No one beats United at Bram Lane.

What's that?

Oh. Maybe I will come then.

• Options
    This will be my first proper away day (i dont include palarse as 10 mins down the road) shud be a gd win i hope. havent seen charlton lose since exeter last year and i blame that one on the ex.
  • Options
    National Express Coach return funfare for £11.50 (inc 50p booking fee) leaves Victoria Coach Station at 8:30 and gets to Sheffield at 12:40 and is about a 10min walk from the ground. Return leaves at 6:15 getting to London at 22:20. Cheaper alternative to Valley Away
    smegabus also do that journey, often for a couple of quid each way
  • Options
    Ive never been to sheffield, so does anyone know what pubs are ok to visit ?
  • Options

See previous thread for this advice:

Sheffield United v Charlton 1/10/11

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the sheffield tap at the train station is a good real ale pub, also the devonshire cat, about ten mins walk from the ground, the cricketers opposite the away end is the nearest but a bit rough and not sure if away fans are allowed in
  • Options
    Ive looked up my train times and my last home train leaves Sheffield at 5:40 pm.Ive looked at a map and station looks doable for this time though a bit tighter than I would have hoped! Are the Sheffield Utd stewards in the habbit of keeping the away support after the final whistle? Or should I be ok for a quick getaway and the 5:40 home to Scotland?
  • Options
    Ive looked up my train times and my last home train leaves Sheffield at 5:40 pm.Ive looked at a map and station looks doable for this time though a bit tighter than I would have hoped! Are the Sheffield Utd stewards in the habbit of keeping the away support after the final whistle? Or should I be ok for a quick getaway and the 5:40 home to Scotland?
    you'll easily make that, never been kept behind at bramall lane before
  • Options

You should make it ok. You can reach the station in fifteen minutes from Bramall lane assuming you are fit. I don't recall being kept in there before. Your only problem will be "people congestion"

Down the lane, right at the ring road and then it is left at the lights and over two more sets of lights and you are there.

• Options

Cheers.

• Options
    Bryan K You seem to have a good knowledge of the local area where is a good, safe, place to park. Hoping to arrive about 2.
  • Options
    Bryan K You seem to have a good knowledge of the local area where is a good, safe, place to park. Hoping to arrive about 2.
    theres a few places that open up on waste ground around the area but if you want a safe monitored place there is a multi storey called the moor car park on eyre street, it's about 5 mins walk from the ground.  there is also a waitrose and aldi next to each other a couple of minutes from the ground,
    you're not meant to park there on matchday but many do
  • Options
    My gut feeling is that playing one of the better sides away will suit us as long as Powell can put out what is close to his best side. I hope it is right but I am more confident than I probably should be about this game.
  • Options
    the sheffield tap at the train station is a good real ale pub, also the devonshire cat, about ten mins walk from the ground, the cricketers opposite the away end is the nearest but a bit rough and not sure if away fans are allowed in
    Whatever you do, do not go into the cricketers on match day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anybody going up from the southwest to this one?
  • Options
    The new away kit is very smart, the best kit for a long long time. When we go to Sheffield U however the white and red will clash with their stripes. What kit will we be wearing ?
  • Options
    dont we still have the light blue number?
  • Options
    The new away kit is very smart, the best kit for a long long time. When we go to Sheffield U however the white and red will clash with their stripes. What kit will we be wearing ?
    Last years blue 
  • Options
    that's what I was worried about, to me, a very uninspiring kit. We will see .. come on you red white n BLUES !!!!!
  • Options
    that's what I was worried about, to me, a very uninspiring kit. We will see .. come on you red white n BLUES !!!!!
    It'll be Blue shirts, White shorts, Blue socks. So you get some white in there
  • Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    mmm, only the little (or in this case XXl) black number will do as the other two would still constitute a potential colour clash. I worked on the floor above the Redbus h q off Oxford Circus for a while and got to know several of their managers. They promised me concessionary tickets for private boxes at the valley. I'm still waiting. Typical of 'real'  London buses eh 
  • Options

Damn niusance having to work.

Anyway, car park advice for southampton addick: I like the one at Noth Quay. Three quid for as long as you want and secure. Its next to the Hilton, turn right before the bottom of the Parkway as you come into Sheff from the M1. Its a 1.3 mile walk from there to Bramall Lane from car park to turnstiles if you go out the back way and over the footbridge up towards the station. You won't have traffic problems getting away. You have time to stop for a real ale on the way up to BL. The big pub at the station has several good beers from a local brewery. There's a big secure car park at the station but will cost a packet. Or follow ads advice and use Eyre street but by the time you have got stuck in the traffic heading up there you will find its no quicker.

• Options
    I'll keep my car park advice to myself seeing as it is going to be a big crowd. Sorry, but you lot are competition.