Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield United Away - 1st October

Never been to Bramall Lane before, hopefully there will be a decent charlton turnout, and performance.

Anyone else thinking about going? If both teams maintain their current form then it could be the biggest game in the football league that weekend.

There are also some cheap singles, at reasonable times, on the trainline at the moment.

Comments

• Trains already booked. Haven't been there for years.
  • These sort of games are the ones that will tell us if we've got the minerals or not. I'm in.
  • Trains already booked. Haven't been there for years.
    Same here, trains booked for me and my eldest. Just waiting for the match tickets to go on sale now.
  • I am going. As Carly said, this is the type of game that will tell me if we have what it takes.
  • I'm there aswell. Me and the old man, should be a good game looking forward to it! 
    Could be a 6 pointer.
  • Trains already booked, however with the game being the day after payday I could do with buying on the day (this months wages will mostly be going towards Rochdale which I have a feeling will be an expensive one). Anyone know of our likely allocation and whether that means that tickets would likely be available on the day ? I’d imagine we’ll take a fair few to this top of the table clash.
  • Driving to this one as usual with Don & Bill.
  • Driving to this one as usual with Don & Bill.
    Don, Bill and Fanny has a good ring to it :-)
  • got train tickets for this two weeks ago, well up for this one as i've not been before. and sheffield is a good day out for a booze.

if we're still in the top three when this comes round i should imagine we'll have close to 1k up there.
  • Very tempting, will have an ask around to see if any of my mates are up for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• All booked in and ready to go.
  • Went bramall lane few seasons back when we won 0-2 iwelumo and sam sodje header - will be going again this season
  • Last went in the cup game few years ago, was awful.
  • any chance this could be switched for Sky ?
  • any chance this could be switched for Sky ?
    There are three PL games and one Championship match already scheduled for TV that weekend, so I wouldn't have thought so.
  • yes the Lass and I will brave the Pennines to cross into the land of the white rose.
  • I'm eying this one and /or Rochdale for my early season trip down from Sunny Scotland.
  • 30 second walk to the ground for me will be their, will drag a few northerners with me
  • Planning car trip and overnighter. Premier Inn seems to suggest parking extra, perhaps not at hotel, anyone clarify or recommend other hotels?
  • 3 of us going.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 of me going. Never been to Bramall Lane so another to tick off my list. Expect we'll take a respectable amount if September goes as well as August did.
  • The good  lady has just realised a rather large shopping centre is just up the road from Sheffield.So the good news-Im going! the bad news-its going to cost a fortune!
  • Planning car trip and overnighter. Premier Inn seems to suggest parking extra, perhaps not at hotel, anyone clarify or recommend other hotels?
    The Prmier Inn closest to the ground has a big car park for customers.
  • With friends & relatives in Sheffield, this will be a weekender. Looking forward to it.
  • Us old un's remember a Leauge cup tie when Shef Utd were in Div one and us in Div 3 (I think). Drew 0-0 away replay at the valley, 2-1 up in extra time , I think it may have been Tutt in goal, ran out left goal empty and was chipped for 2-2. Second replay (yes it was that long ago). Went to Bramall lane was a three sided ground (Two ends one side) and on the far side was the county cricket ground. 90 minutes 0-0. Extra time 8 to go, they scored a goal at least 30 yards offside. Ref and lino looked at each other and gave it. They just did'nt want a fourth game ! That sparked mayhem, and led to big punch up outside. Remember Sheff hard core had their boots painted different colours to show their ranking in the hooligan firm. I must have been 18. So I am guessing at 74/75 anyone else remember this game.

• I will be going. This will be my first game of the season having landed from Oz the day before. Really looking forward to seeing some proper passing football again. It has been a while from Charlton. I have been to Bramell Lane on three occasions already and been stuffed every time. It must be time for retribution!!
  • I think it should be open invitation to JBlocks place for after match celebration party.
    Will your place hold 1000+ JB? Can't wait.
  • How much are train tickets?
  • I'm going across from Grimsby on the 'Transpennine Express' . The journey takes almost twice as long as London to Sheffield
  • Ralph Mline - was at the home game, still at school then. I remember it being a big game, having a first division team at the Valley. They played their full strength team in those days.

Going to Bramall Lane again, always enjoy Sheffield. Nice easy walk back to the station.