Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United Away - 1st October

Comments

• Options
    I think it should be open invitation to JBlocks place for after match celebration party. Will your place hold 1000+ JB? Can't wait.
    Barely hold the 5 of us
  • Options
    @lincsaddick Did that journey last week, or tried to anyway the train staff were on strike had an absolute mare ended up waiting for the best part of 3 hours in Lincoln for a direct train to Grimsby.
  • Options
    @lincsaddick Did that journey last week, or tried to anyway the train staff were on strike had an absolute mare ended up waiting for the best part of 3 hours in Lincoln for a direct train to Grimsby.
    the irony is that there is quite a good bus service from Lincoln to Grimsby and back, I might try and get to Sheff on the bus rather than the train, the TpenE staff are threatening all kinds of go slows & strikes
  • Options
    How much are train tickets?
    Can do it for less than £30 return on megatrain at the moment
  • Options
    Booked, £40 return with a night at travelodge. Bargain!!
  • Options

just paid £60 at premier inn .....

thats for 3 of us so not too bad

• Options
    Moving to Sheffield in two weeks after getting into the uni. I'll definitely be there! 
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this one. Will be there with 'our lass'!
  • Options
    when do tickets go on sale?
  • Options
    They're looking good. Who reckons they'll fade away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ralph Mline - was at the home game, still at school then. I remember it being a big game, having a first division team at the Valley. They played their full strength team in those days.

Going to Bramall Lane again, always enjoy Sheffield. Nice easy walk back to the station.
    Was that when they had Tony Currie in their team?
    I would have been at the home game, and I have a memory of him bossing things
  • Options
    Smallest amount of room of any seat I've sat in at football. Terrible away end.
  • Options
    when do tickets go on sale?

Tuesday - straight on general sale, as there are up to 3,000 available

£20 adults, £15/£10 concessions; £20 Valley Away coach

• Options

Its going to be the biggest toughest game of the season, so far

how many do you think will be going ?

I hope it's 1000 +

• Options

Think this will be my now once a season long distance away match pass.

If the table is roughly the same as it is now you would hope we would have 1500-2000 up there.

More likely 900-1000

• Options
    Think we brought 1000 to Leeds in similar circumstances two seasons ago, anything below that number would be disappointing in my opinion.
  • Options
    It was 1600 odd mate, thatts what I was comparing it to
  • Options

to be honest its the one match that ticks all the boxes for me

they have a passionate crowd and our away fans are just as passionate

the two teams are poised ready for a run, to try to put some point between  the rest of the league

just hope the team are as ready for the game as me and my three lads are coyr 

and a weekend away from the mrs is just a bonus he he

• Options
    Me and a mate have got our tickets booked for this one.
    Should be quite a few up there as its not hard to get to just time and money consuming.
    Does anyone know if we are in the top tier or the bottom of the away end?
  • Options
    Me and a mate have got our tickets booked for this one.
    Should be quite a few up there as its not hard to get to just time and money consuming.
    Does anyone know if we are in the top tier or the bottom of the away end?
    Got my tickets on saturday we're at the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do people think the result of this match will have a big bearing on our season?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    yes, the result of any match has a big bearing on the season
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    It will be a hard/tough game. Even a Morganless United is a physically challenging outfit with no little skill
    The game will be a good benchmark of the standard at the top of this division, especially following so soon after the MK game
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    yes, the result of any match has a big bearing on the season
    I know what your saying Large , but is it the end of the world if they beat us ? yes there home form is good 3 wins out of 3 , but do we go there and keep the back door shut, play a defensive game with only 1 striker up front or do we play with gusto and get the 3 points / possibly get beat, Bournemouth tried the defensive approach on us and it backfired, i know its too early to know what players are going to be fit /available , but i'm interested in knowing fans expectations of this match, as Sheffield United do appear at the moment to be a rival.
  • Options
    No. Although it's easy to think so. We've MK away, as well, four days before Sheffield United and looking at the table you'd be forgiven for thinking we can't afford to lose either. But there'll be seven months of the season still to play after both of those fixtures. Both of them sides and Wednesday will lose games they shouldn't over the course of the season. If anything it's good to get those fixtures out of the way relatively early on. At the end of the season I still believe that whoever finishes above Wednesday, not United, will get automatic promotion.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    No. Although it's easy to think so. We've MK away, as well, four days before Sheffield United and looking at the table you'd be forgiven for thinking we can't afford to lose either. But there'll be seven months of the season still to play after both of those fixtures. Both of them sides and Wednesday will lose games they shouldn't over the course of the season. If anything it's good to get those fixtures out of the way relatively early on. At the end of the season I still believe that whoever finishes above Wednesday, not United, will get automatic promotion.
    Interesting, i guess 3 seasons ao we set out like a house on fire with 6 straight wins, only to struggle in the play offs so you may well be right , Sheff United haven't come down to earth with a bump yet , perhaps they think there going to breeze the division?
  • Options
    2 draws at mk and sheff u will be 2 good results IMO. Anything more would be a bonus. But I dont think we should change our game plan. Just go there and do what we've been doing
  • Options

Smallest amount of room of any seat I've sat in at football. Terrible away end.

Standing it is then ;)