Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    He bottles it when he comes up against the best its like he knows he's inferior , Rafa never gives up.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I still think if he wins a Grand Slam it will be at the US Open.
  • Options
    Scots are tragic in sport
  • Options
    Yeah, that Chris Hoy bloke's always bottling it.
  • Options
    Better examples than a sport no fucker does, jim watt or sandy lyle would be better examples but in general they swim in sporting tragedy
  • Options
    In fairness I thought he played well, but he came across the warrior that is Nadel, who after Murray's excellent first set poundered him into the ground with virtually a faultless display of power tennis. 
    I was impressed with Murray's game though which seemed much improved. Will he ever win?  questioned Castle after the match, the two finalists hold the answer to that question.......
  • Options
    He had Nadal by the balls early in the second set. Nadal wasn't playing well and Murray was all over him. Then he missed an easy put-away to go 15-40 up and the problem was that he let that get to him, lost the game and then fell apart. He didn't start playing well again until he was a break down in the 4th set. The difference is that Nadal saw Murray's weakness and fed off it and got his confidence going. Players who win majors never give a sucker an even break. Murray had a genuine chance to win this match but he let Nadal off the hook. 
  • Options
    The pundits talked of the fantastic four in Djokevic, Federer, Murray and Nadal, but really the only way Murray will beat the other three is if they are off form and he is playing at 100%, whereas the other 3 can all beat each other on any given day. It's more of a fantastic three, and Murray in the corner looking awkward and trying to fit in with the rest of the gang. 

He will win a Grand Slam eventually, but it won't be against any of them
  • Options
    I do believe I read a completely over the top tweet from Claire balding after he won the first set... I can feel the hand of history on Murrays shoulder.

Bet she wished she kept quiet. Stupid comment.

I actually found myself egging him on. But just shrugged when he lost. Can't see it happening for a while.

• Options
    He is scottish and he got beat - no big news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what I want to know is how you keep motivated getting oh so close, but never actually getting the prize.

I mean he minted now, but he's won diddly of any real importance.

Bad luck Scotland.
  • Options

Murray did well. Nadal too good.

I really feel sorry bfor you guys that would like a Brit to get beaten by a foreigner. Sad, really sad

• Options
    he's not british , he's scottish
  • Options
    He's Scottish. I wonder where his vote will fall on Scottish devolution.
  • Options
    Most of the time I really enjoy reading the informed, well thought out comments on Charlton life. This is not one of those occasions.  
  • Options

You can now wear your Paraguay shirt on the trip home, you sour faced hibee twat.

"Anyone but Murray"

• Options
    does make me laugh how easy it is to wind people up nowadays. everyones had a bite up to him making a joke. its slighlty embarrasing.
  • Options

Mc Henman!

He's Scottish again!

• Options
    Great quote from Sue Barker.
    ''If you let Raffa get on top of you, he's like an express train''
  • Options
    Great quote from Sue Barker.
    ''If you let Raffa get on top of you, he's like an express train''
    That's a mental image I didn't want while having my lunch...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray's personality is about as exciting as watching McOxo play at The Valley...
  • Options

Murray wont win anything worth while.Hes a choker.

• Options

What sad lives people must lead if they hate a tennis player just because he is Scottish and once made a joke about supporting anyone but England.

Utterly pathetic.

• Options
    spot on Orms
  • Options

What sad lives people must lead if they hate a tennis player just because he is Scottish and once made a joke about supporting anyone but England.

Utterly pathetic.

indeed. 
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Murray is a good player no real shame in losing to Nadal.

He's had a good year, one final and 2 semis in the grand slams. Think he'll win a grand slam at Australia or the US open as there's less pressure on him.

I actually feel sorry for any British sportsmen in this country especially when they perform here as the pressure is so intense....
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In the semis of the Australian Open now.

Djokovic (?spelling) probably awaits though!
  • Options
    ABM.

• Options
    Andy's been playing really well, he spent the whole of the Christmas period training on his own in Florida and his new coach appears to have taken him up a notch. Djokovic will be a very difficult test but at the moment Andy's going well. Fedderer has looked excellent so far in this tournament though.
  • Options
    Currently British.