Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Murray

Comments

• Is it just me or does that blokes head look like an oversized testicle?

I think he looks a fair bit like Butthead (of Beavis and Butthead fame of course)

• Christ alive, what is it with us Brits that instead of lauding our top sportsman we have to slag them off or find fault with their  personality.
    Murray is a proud Scot. Fine. Hope he wins.

I used to feel sorry for Henman. 
    Instead of being lauded for being our best tennis player and number 4 in the world no less; he was called a knob or useless because he never won Wimbledon.
    This despite several semi final appearances; which would equate with his ranking, and often going out to Sampras, a tennis legend.
  • Here's the disturbing thing about Murray.  Look at his girlfriend, imagine her in a couple of decades, then look at his mum.  Extremely worrying imo.
  • Who exactly gives a shit who is "supporting" who?  People shouting at a TV screen hoping that one participant or another win have no significance.  Always cracks me up when someone announces that they hope such and such beats Murray or Man United or somesuch.   They might as well piss in the sea for all the effect they're having.
  • edited June 2011
    Christ alive, what is it with us Brits that instead of lauding our top sportsman we have to slag them off or find fault with their  personality.
    Murray is a proud Scot. Fine. Hope he wins.

I used to feel sorry for Henman. 
    Instead of being lauded for being our best tennis player and number 4 in the world no less; he was called a knob or useless because he never won Wimbledon.
    This despite several semi final appearances; which would equate with his ranking, and often going out to Sampras, a tennis legend.
    I take issue with one part of that post. Tim Henman was called a knob because, basically, he's a knob. He clearly wasn't useless - you don't get to number 4 in the world by being useless. But, equally clearly, he is a knob - an absolute one.
  • LOL
    In fact that's almost a compliment by your standards, Leroy ;-)
  • I've met Henman several times, and he at least had the good grace to keep his ill-informed opinions of others he may not like, to himself.
    If only others would keep a lid on their pointless negative name-calling.
  • Saw Andy Murray's mother today in Wimbledon, walking some dogs. Was tempted to go up and say 'the whole of England is rooting for whoever Andy's playing next' and tell her the sentiment came from CL. I didn't though - I think the sun must have affected me.
  • murray thru comfortably to 1/4 finals

and princess katie looked tastey in the crowd

• Is He British or scottish at the moment ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is He British or scottish at the moment ?
    he bowed to the royals so perhaps he's british today...
  • He won so he's British today.
  • I find it refreshing that Murray knows his own mind and doesn't feed the media with what they want. Yes he has attitude but backed up by world-class talent and why not wind up anyone deluded enough to think England has a serious football team.
    Well, if you're, for example, Spanish, German or Brazilian you can wind us up for our football team but let us not forget he's Scottish. You know, that lot who are ranked 66th in the world!
  • Well done - don't care if he is Scots first and British second - he is a fantastic player when he's on top of his game. 
  • edited June 2011
    I like Murray , i don't care that he supposedly hates the English or not , which has been blown out of propotion as usual by the press , his trainer is a Charlton fan , i saw Murray watching a match at the valley a few seasons back when we were in a purple patch of form under Pardew (Bad purple).

I don't care that he's a jock, i want him to do well , i don't think the love would be reciprocated north of the border if boot was on other foot , ie he was an Englishman, but i guess we've got to set an example, theirs enough bigotry north of the border already.

I'll be amazed if he's wins Wimbledon , as i don't think its his best surface , i think he's got more chance of winning the US Open.
  • Day off so watching. The Williams sisters are having bad day. Serena out and Venus just lost first set badly.

Murray played well but was switching between Serena game.

• he is a good tennis player simple rather cheer on Andy than Tim Henman
    Tim Henman is not in it is he simples ?
  • come on Andy .. never mind Tim (language Timothy)
  • Don't know why, I've got a feeling Tsonga might beat Fed today. In theory Murray should defeat Lopez, but it's never as easy as it seems.
  • That predictions not looking great now !
  • Sponsored links:

• come on Lopez
  • I've met Henman several times, and he at least had the good grace to keep his ill-informed opinions of others he may not like, to himself.
    If only others would keep a lid on their pointless negative name-calling.

Ye I bet he's never said a bad word about anyone, ever.
  • He's a winner. OK he is in the mix with two better winners, but what he is like as a person is what has made him a winner.

He could not give a stuff what you think of him, and I think its because he is a tennis player first and foremost, not got his eye on sponsorship, media career etc. Good luck to him, I hope he wins it.

Now we just need to find the Centre Back equivalent of him.

• or hit tennis balls at 16 year old girls cos he lost.
  • federer out after being 2 sets up
  • C'mon Tim Andy
  • That predictions not looking great now !
    You were saying...? :)
  • I heard a quote about Murray recently, he said that he had never read a book in his life. Can you believe that? He's never had the desire to pick up a book and while away some of the many hours he must spend in airports, hotels or hanging around after training.

Actually it wasn't Murray who said he'd never read a book in his life, but nice, safe sensible Tiger Tim, middle England's poster boy.

• Big upset there... come on Andy, could be your year now.
  • Would love for Lopez to win obviously, but I'm hoping that Murray wins so Tsonga can get some revenge on him.