Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• Options

If Watford want him then it could be difficult but don't think it would be the sort of signing that would appease Watford fans who are unhappy about the sales of Graham and Buckley.

I still think we have a decent chance of getting him and hopefully we'll find out today.

This.

If it is us or Watford he'll go to Watford. More money, higher league. Get used to it people.

The league we are in and the perpetual downward spiral we have been on will put lots of players off.
  • Options
    True I doubt he'll sign for us
  • Options
    And if he does join us instead of Watford what will that signify?
  • Options

Have to ask the player, if it happens.

Although I assume it means CP done a good job in selling the club to him, to beat off watford.

• Options
    That he's unambitious and doesn't have the confidence in his own ability to cut it at a higher lever - so he'll be the type of player we shouldn't be touching with a barge poll.

Come on, play the game Henry
  • Options
    That he's unambitious and doesn't have the confidence in his own ability to cut it at a higher lever - so he'll be the type of player we shouldn't be touching with a barge poll.

Come on, play the game Henry
    And that we never wanted him in the first place, of course
  • Options
    I think the days of striking partnerships are gone, well in the way I remember them anyway. Teams are more used to changing systems, styles and are far more flexible in their approach to games. Even in league one. You see teams setting up differently for home/away fixtures, against top/bottom teams. So maybe when we look at strikers the question shouldn't be can they play with BWP but what options to they offer Powell? Can they play deep? Drift to the wing? Can they replace BWP as a sub? 
    Maybe but we strikers (players, in fact) that complement each other.

We struggled last season when we played the wrong strikers together, eg Benson and Abbott or BWP and Eccleston.

We had no real pace at centre back either, Sodje and Dailly was far better than Doherty and Dailly.
  • Options

That we have done a decent job selling the club and that perhaps he doesnt see money as his sole driving force.
  • Options
    He's down for a tour of the ground and a medical today. All points to it being pretty much a done deal.

I didn't think Watford had that much money anyway, they were struggling against admin 18 months ago. As for Hayes, been involved in 3 promotions, 2 with Scunthorpe and one with Barnsley, 2 promotions to the CCC so obviously does something right at this level, hopefully we'll see the best of him.

• Options
    Just seen him buying a Cornish pastie in the Co-op in New Eltham with his agent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the way, what does he look like?
  • Options

From his twitter page - suspect he wear's more most days....

• Options
    Looks like franny Jeffers if you ask me!
    Not good.
  • Options
    Margate looks different to how I remember it.
  • Options
    He's on holiday i bet those preston fans are livid going holiday after relegation he should be ashamed!!
  • Options
    Nice shorts.
  • Options
    Liking how cool that kid is. Peace signs at that age
  • Options
    He's on holiday i bet those preston fans are livid going holiday after relegation he should be ashamed!!
    Politicians and bankers will be going on holiday after getting this country relegated... They should be ashamed!
  • Options
    Politicians and bankers will be going on holiday after getting this country relegated... They should be ashamed!
    It was tongue in cheek after reference to a charlton player going to cyprus i think it was and the general outrage at that!!
  • Options
    I see a cpouple of things on FR saying Hayes is having a medical at Watford. Let's hope it's nonsense.....like the majority of stuff on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ, do people really believe the shit on Football Rumours?
  • Options
    Im still waiting for messi to sign for us, it was on Football rumours....
  • Options
    To be honest the whole Paul Hayes to Watford thing seems far too last minute to have any chance.

I may look a mug by 5pm or whatever time but the lad and his agent have known for months he would be leaving this summer and given his level and desired relocation there would have only been half a dozen or so clubs for him to market him to. Watford will have also known Graham would be a prized-scalp for any decent Champs side or PL lower side this summer for about the same number of months. I fail to believe someone woke up at Watford this morning and suddenly launched an on the spot bid to take him to Vicarage Road. From his twitter feed and Essex Al it sounds like we have been in the pipeline for weeks and that the player is happy about us and bar the formalities, eager to get started. I can't see him turning up today at Sparrows Lane and telling Slater it's off.
  • Options
    He's on BBC 2 at 5.15 this afternoon.
  • Options
    is he a free agent? 
  • Options
    No he signed a 3-year deal at PNE when he arrived Summer 2010 according to PNE site
  • Options
    well then watford will have to have their bid accepted by pne, i seriously doubt he'll be signing any other contract other than the one proposed by mr slater.
  • Options

Where's Essex Al when you need him?

We need a blow by blow account of what's happening today.

• Options

To be honest who needs Essex Al now? We all know Paul is sitting the boardroom at Vicarage Road, next to that condemned stand, with Elton John tickling the ivories serenading him with Candle in the Wind.
  • Options

To be honest who needs Essex Al now? We all know Paul is sitting the boardroom at Vicarage Road, next to that condemned stand, with Elton John tickling the his ivories serenading him with Candle in the Wind.