Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bessone from Leeds

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Heard a whisper from the Leeds site (from someone that does seem to have proven to have the odd bit of inside info) that Bessone (LB) will be joining u on loan. We got him in the summer from Swansea and he only played a couple of games before he was dropped. Swansea fans didnt rate him at all and neither do Leeds. Why Grayson got him is beyond me.

If you do manage to get him. Dont get overly excited.!!!

Comments

• Options
    that sounds promising

but i spose we are a league below you so this might do him good,
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    On the transfer thread I put him as a possible along with Ben Parker.

Came through the Youth team at Barcelona , this would be an excellant signing. First Argentinian to play for us ? Juan Cobian was an unused sub
  • Options
    rave reviews indeed! But as NLA says, a drop in divisions may well do him good!
  • Options
    We don't need a left back when we got fry.

We need a centre half
  • Options
    LB already signed Friday ( don't know who ). Hopefully a Belgian and a Moroccan by close of window.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]We don't need a left back when we got fry.

We need a centre half

I imagine that means we are moving him to centre half... either that or we can't keep him beyond February, though the former seems more likely
  • Options
    Wouldn't worry too much about his "rave" reviews from Leeds forum. He obviously has good pedigree and who better to get the best out of a left back than CP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take it this means Fry will be returning?

Not that excited if he hasn't performed in English football might be a bit of a waste of a loan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Take it this means Fry will be returning?

Not that excited if he hasn't performed in English football might be a bit of a waste of a loan.

Is that the case though ? Obviously Grayson liked him enough to sign him and was it Sousa that signed him for Swansea ? Good pedigree and I presume CP knows about him. Let's give him a chance ffs.
  • Options
    Cheers for the heads up Spainboy.

Seeing you millwall and norwich all more than holding your own, is there not too much difference in the leagues or have all three of you dramatically improved from last season ?
  • Options
    I dont think there is that much difference to be honest. A top 6 league one club now could hold their own in the championship. I watched Southampton yesterday against Man Utd and I thought they played very good football and better than a lot of teams Ive seen in the championship this season. Norwich last year havent really improved on their squad that much and are lying in second but they were fantastic in league one last season.
    Leeds are definately better than the team of last season. I thought losing Beckford would be a major hiccup and was actually surprised to read that we are one of the best scoring teams in all divisions this season but to be fair most of our team has made the step up quite easy (as with Norwich and Millwall) so obviously it cant be that much of a step up.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmm. Very mixed. Seemed to a decent attacking RB job for Swans last year, if unspectacular... Only played at Leeds for half a season, so maybe if Sir Chris can slot him in?
  • Options
    Hmmm, this Argentinian, is he really the bes' one they got?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Take it this means Fry will be returning?

Is that the case though ? Obviously Grayson liked him enough to sign him and was it Sousa that signed him for Swansea ? Good pedigree and I presume CP knows about him. Let's give him a chance ffs.

Of course we'll give him a chance, just after the past few years of signings when other club fans say he's no good it is usually because he is exactly that!
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Seems he's treading a previously-worn, defender's path from Gimnàstic, via a non-Premier British team to Charlton.

The new Llera?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Of course we'll give him a chance, just after the past few years of signings when other club fans say he's no good it is usually because he is exactly that!
    I know what you mean but it's not always like that. I remember Ipswich fans saying Bent had a poor touch, sometimes looked disinterested etc.

For most new signings at this level I'm sure you can find fans of the previous club that don't rate the player. He's dropping down a level as well which might make a difference.

I'd be more concerned if Swansea and Leeds fans were talking about him having a bad attitude.
  • Options
    "Swansea fans didnt rate him at all and neither do Leeds. Why Grayson got him is beyond me."

He sounds promising then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Of course we'll give him a chance, just after the past few years of signings when other club fans say he's no good it is usually because he is exactly that!
    I know what you mean but it's not always like that. I remember Ipswich fans saying Bent had a poor touch, sometimes looked disinterested etc.

For most new signings at this level I'm sure you can find fans of the previous club that don't rate the player. He's dropping down a level as well which might make a difference.

I'd be more concerned if Swansea and Leeds fans were talking about him having a bad attitude.

I asked on F365 and someone replied back:

Even for your division I doubt he'll cut the mustard, sorry fella

So we'll see, wonder if he is a replacement for Fry. Seems a little silly to have 2 left backs on loan.
  • Options
    Can I suggest we just wait and make our own judgements.

Clearly if the guy was performing brilliantly he would not be available in the first place but if he does join us:

- He has some pedigree - both Sousa (well known to CP) and Grayson offerred him long term deals
    - he brings balance and competition to the squad
    - we can see if he is a long term prospect

Makes sense to me
  • Options
    made official by leeds website

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110131/fede-joins-charlton-in-loan-deal_2247585_2280604
  • Options
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2280615,00.html - confirmed
  • Options
    on our OS as well, with view to permanent move at end of the season. Maybe if fry stays we can play him at CB and give us the bit of pace we're lacking there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]on our OS as well, with view to permanent move at end of the season. Maybe if fry stays we can play him at CB and give us the bit of pace we're lacking there.

That would be the perfect option, hope Fry stays.
  • Options
    This guy could be the new Llera by the sounds of it.
    As Powelly said, we could have two new players in before the deadline - lets hope the next possible signing is a bit more exciting.
  • Options
    Powelly first signing old bassonee... come on, Ive just got a feeling hes gonna be quality...
  • Options
    I do hope we keep Fry as well though. Bessone's reviews do not sound to promising, however with Powell as a left back you would hope he see's something in him. Will give him a chance and just hope he not like Francis. If he can tackle and pass then he is a good acquisition in my book.

At least its loan with view to permanent so it means he will at least be trying to earn a contract rather than just gaining fitness.
  • Options
    Sosa wanted to keep him at Swansea last year after they missed out on the play-offs to get into the Premiership by one point, so he has to have something going for him. But he chose to move to Leeds and for whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him there. So we get a chance to get him on loan to have a look at him to see if he would fit in here. Sounds like the ideal use of the loan system to me.