Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection at 11.30 (ed. GAME OFF)

edited December 2010 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    All bets here please.
  • Options
    on..suns out...and Im here
  • Options
    Mascot88 I hope so
  • Options
    On - bit late for an inspection though isnt it?
  • Options
    Off, too icy in last third by Jimmy Seed
  • Options
    At the moment its only two games in are division that are still going ahead ,this is not looking so good .Saying that i trust Paddy Powell so with abit of luck could be second in this division come tonight.
  • Options
    sam3110
    NOT ON OS AT THE MOMENT.INSIDE INFO OR WHAT.
  • Options
    "sam3110
    NOT ON OS AT THE MOMENT.INSIDE INFO OR WHAT."

I think it was just his bet.

But this is all a bit late, and I wouldnt trust Andy D'Urso to make the right decision about anything
  • Options
    They're clearly trying to give the game every chance of going ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Further inspection at 12 noon. I.15 ko if on.
  • Options
    Jimmy Seed end of the pitch will cause the game to be off, it doesn't get sun light at the best of times
  • Options
    taking along time for the answers to the inspections to say game on or off .....think i'll just wait for a definite answer before making my way ....
  • Options
    Can't see what an extra 15 mins will do to improve the pitch.
  • Options
    From the Southampton Twitter feed

http://yfrog.com/h422alj
  • Options
    The worst part on Thursday was the goal mouth in front of the covered end. They tried, unsuccessfully, to use an industrial blow heater before we covered it up.
  • Options
    Ah this sucks! :-(
  • Options
    It's off
  • Options
    I say this for every1 ... For F*** Sake!
  • Options
    cryssss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame for all the Southampton supporters, but does mean i can spend the afternoon cosy in my new slippers
  • Options
    Should have called the game off on Friday regardless. Waste of a journey for countless fans, especially Saints. At least I've seen a couple of mates for a Christmas drink.
  • Options
    (crying) only chance prob for aother 5 yrs....

F******* rubbish...
  • Options
    Disappointing it got called off so late in the day. Luckily I didn't leave as was waiting on the decision, but Soton fans would've probably be near the ground by now
  • Options
    D'urso = jobsworth. Both managers were happy with the condition of the pitch.
  • Options
    Poor show by the referee imho. I know he's doing his best to get the match on but leaving it until an hour beforehand just gets everyone's backs up. Fifteen minutes was never going to make any difference - should have called it off latest 11.30 - probably earlier.
  • Options
    Heard rumours the pitch was fine but one of the lines was hard and the lino refused to run the opposite side of the pitch. Pathetic. Clearly obvious how desperate Charlton were to get the game on, and Soton have seemed just as keen as well. So you have a pitch players and managers are happy to play on, surrounding areas cleared by fans to make safe, yet an official doesn't fancy it....
  • Options
    So what does the club do about everybody's tickets?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]So what does the club do about everybody's tickets?!

Valid for the re-arranged game or you can get a refund - which is the problem. Home to Soton on Boxing Day = one of the biggest gates of the year, home on a Tuesday night = about 15,000 at most, plus all the catering, merchandise etc that we'll now lose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]So what does the club do about everybody's tickets?!

Valid for the re-arranged game or you can get a refund - which is the problem. Home to Soton on Boxing Day = one of the biggest gates of the year, home on a Tuesday night = about 15,000 at most, plus all the catering, merchandise etc that we'll now lose.

Ah ok mate thank you. A stupid decision by D'urso, what a prick!