Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "We want Parkinson out and replaced with..." thread

Serious discussion. Rather than just come on here spouting variations on the theme of "that was the worst Charlton performance I've seen since we played at Mountsfield Park", let's have a discussion where people put forward serious alternatives. For now, we'll ignore the fact that we haven't got a pot to piss in, a window to throw it out of and - as a consequence - scant possibility of being able to afford any money due to Parkinson if we sack him. Let's do something constructive and provide names of candidates to replace him - then people can agree or disagree on them (hopefully providing reasons).

Comments

• Options
    do you promise not to snipe at people if they make alternative views to yourself?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mervyn day
  • Options
    Paul Tilson for me
  • Options
    paul ince
  • Options
    what we need is a list of unemmployed mgrs
  • Options
    Powell Kinsella double act, with a guaranteed 5 year contract, whatever happens.
    Sir Clive in some capacity.

And Curbs, obviously
  • Options
    I have already said about this but was shot down because someone didn't agree with me but i'll stand by what i said and will say that Martin Allen still wouldn't be a bad shout.
  • Options
    Parky's misssus.

I'm not being entirely facetious. When Stuart Pierce took over in 2005 as caretaker from Keegan at Man City in his first taste of management , he admitted that when he picked his first team and showed to Mrs P over breakfast, she pointed out to him that his starting XI did not include a keeper!
  • Options
    Seriously, anyone, on whats been shown so far, NLA could do a better job, we'd certainly be £250k better off.
  • Options
    Chris Kamara
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    love martin allen uncle........love a manager who shouted at the players when they put in another shallow display
  • Options
    Someone who coaches a team to play football on the floor instead of lumping it forward at every oportunity. Not sure if he`s back in management after his sacking at Braga but I rekon Jorge Costa would look at Charlton as a chance of getting a foot into english football and therefore might just not look for silly money. Definitely not Kins or Powell or any combination thereof.
  • Options
    No manager change but new coaches for goalkeeping and strikers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I have already said about this but was shot down because someone didn't agree with me but i'll stand by what i said and will say that Martin Allen still wouldn't be a bad shout.

I'm not saying a word ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I have already said about this but was shot down because someone didn't agree with me but i'll stand by what i said and will say that Martin Allen still wouldn't be a bad shout.

I'm not saying a word ;-)

Bloody hell thats a first ;-)
  • Options
    Awww why not SHG?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]No manager change but new coaches for goalkeeping and strikers.

Why so someone else can get dropped after playing a blinder in the net?
  • Options
    Chris Coleman
    Steve Coppell
    Paul Jewell
    Lennie lawrence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Awww why not SHG?

Because any appointment of Kins/Sir Chris would be based on emotion rather than sense and I would hate it to end in tears.
  • Options
    What uncle said. Allen is the type of manager that would get us out of this poxy league. He maybe a little eccentric but he certainly wouldn't put up with the gutless performance I witnessed in West London today for very long.

I would really like Parky to succeed but if things don't improve by Christmas RM might have to just have to say ta ta to his new best friend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    Because any appointment of Kins/Sir Chris would be based on emotion rather than sense and I would hate it to end in tears.

Fairy nuff, I think you are probably right.

But the image I have of them is that they both love Charlton, both are endowed with intelligence and experiance, and both played the style of football with the passion I think we need transferring to the players.
    I would also think the earlier call for the man from Portugal (who isnt so keen on Milwall) would do a similar job,
  • Options
    I would be happy with a few of the mooted candidates on this thread, but I wouldn't want anyone in the current coaching set up (legend or not) to take over. For all we know, that could be a big part of the problem...

If we had any chance whatsoever of getting a Coleman or Coppell on board (which I don't think we do because of our potless status), I would bite their hands off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

Fairy nuff, I think you are probably right.

But the image I have of them is that they both love Charlton, both are endowed with intelligence and experiance, and both played the style of football with the passion I think we need transferring to the players.
    I would also think the earlier call for the man from Portugal (who isnt so keen on Milwall) would do a similar job,

I really dont think it's a bad shout at all and i feel the fans will be so behind them that maybe that will rub off on the team.
  • Options
    At our level theres alot of managers who float around having had a good season somewhere then failing somewhere else then being branded as being useless.

I'm not in the Parky out camp, but if we ever did get rid of him anyone we employ would be cheap and a gamble
  • Options
    Give us a break, we're 4 points off automatic promo spot 10 games in fer christs sake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]Give us a break, we're 4 points off automatic promo spot 10 games in fer christs sake.

And just 5 points off a relegation spot. And I do believe that we've played four of the bottom five so far in our 10 games to date.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]At our level theres alot of managers who float around having had a good season somewhere then failing somewhere else then being branded as being useless.

I'm not in the Parky out camp, but if we ever did get rid of him anyone we employ would be cheap and a gamble
    Might as well keep the cheap gamble we already have...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]Give us a break, we're 4 points off automatic promo spot 10 games in fer christs sake.

And playing like a bunch of Donkeys
  • Options
    Yeh, well we did that in the premiership a lotta lotta times as well if I remember right!

I think we need to settle in at this level for a while before we can assemble a squad to get us out...don't like being here but at least I don't have to watch f****ing Man Utd///
  • Options
    http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/movers.html

Knock yourself out of those put out of a job recently