Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst pain ever

Comments

• Options
    jayajosh said :

Had both my big toe nails removed. Needed morphine when I came round from the op as the pain was unbearable. Cried every night for 3 nights following the op due to the agony, and both toes literally throbbing with pain. Had my bed sheets raised to ensure absolutely no pressure on the toes, even from sheets. Toes were still bleeding after two weeks and I was having to commute by train (the old cattle ones) with people treading on my size 11s when embarking / disembarking from the train.

NEVER have your big toe nails removed. Absolute nightmare

snap, had it done about 20 yrs ago, absolute agony. Off work for weeks. Now you can even have it done at a Chiropodists and go to work next day.

Recenty had an absess on my bum, ahem near the hole, and absolute pain until it burst, then the pain was relieved immediately. Bloody messy though.
  • Options
    laaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i have just eaten me lunch
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]jayajosh said :

[b]Had both my big toe nails removed. Needed morphine when I came round from the op as the pain was unbearable. Cried every night for 3 nights following the op due to the agony, and both toes literally throbbing with pain. Had my bed sheets raised to ensure absolutely no pressure on the toes, even from sheets. Toes were still bleeding after two weeks and I was having to commute by train (the old cattle ones) with people treading on my size 11s when embarking / disembarking from the train.

NEVER have your big toe nails removed. Absolute nightmare[/b]

snap, had it done about 20 yrs ago, absolute agony. Off work for weeks. Now you can even have it done at a Chiropodists and go to work next day.

Recenty had an absess on my bum, ahem near the hole, and absolute pain until it burst, then the pain was relieved immediately. Bloody messy though.[/quote]

Is nothing sacred?????
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Had a bit of a cold/sore throat on holiday once,flew home a couple of days later,coming in to land and the usual ear popping sensation etc except my left ear didnt pop. Didnt think anything of it at the time but got a bit concerned when later that day it still hadnt 'popped',the pain kicked in big time the next day,felt like my noggin was in a vice. Took myself off to bed dosed up with painkillers where 2 hours later it felt like someone was stabbing me in the ear with a hot poker,i sat up in bed and my ear drum quite literally 'popped',claret and gunk everywhere. Off down to A&E where they proceeded to suck all the fluids out of my ear with a little hoover thingy. The pain was unreal,had 3 more trips to hospital to continue the clean out process,joyous. Doctor told me i shouldnt have flown with a cold/sore throat,wont do so again,believe me!
  • Options
    the one in the kneck that my misses gives me !
  • Options
    After playing rugby for 9 years, I've had my fair share of broken noses, digits and arms, which included having a bone graft in my wrist performed under a local anaesthetic, which despite the morphine patch and resulting hallucinations, was pretty bad when the anaesthetic wore off! but this is the worst I've had......

I dislocated my thumb during a rugby game a couple of years ago. At first, was more of an inconvenience than a pain as I had dislocated fingers before on numerous occasions, so just popped it back in so I could finish the game. I immediately got a sharp pain, and that side of my hand swelled up. FInished the final half hour of the game somehow, I could barely move my whole hand at the end.

So after having a shower etc., I somehow drive myself off to the hospital. Get there, and after an hour's wait, xrays etc., I discover that in popping my thumb back into the joint, I'd got the ligament and a nerve stuck in there too, so would have to it dislocated by a nurse to get them out. Feck me, as short sharp pain goes that's the worst I've had....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Child birth is easy..Its so easy they let women do it.
  • Options
    Without doubt Severe appendicitis. I remember the pain so well. It came on all of a sudden the week 86 world cup started and i was 17 years old. I remember the pain crippling me and i cried like a baby. To top it all i was on a ward full of non football fans and those were the days when one ward had one telly.
    My 3 year old son had the same thing last year and had to have his appendix removed as well. I felt so sorry for him.
  • Options
    I do believe I managed to break my knuckle tonight thanks to a mix of alcohol plus walking on ice,this actually hurts rather a lot for what it sounds
  • Options
    Bone sticking out your wrist with no way to get to a hospital. That was pain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Just had major surgery on my neck for two slipped discs, in which are crushing two nerves in my neck leaving me with massive pain in my right shoulder and arm. Right arm is paralysed and all muscle in the upper arm has been lost.
  • Options
    Ruptured my achilles heal playing badminton a few years back. Firstly a "crack" sound like you've been shot. Then instant excruciating pain. My fellow players said I went white as the blood drained out of my face!

Foot in plaster for 12 weeks, every 4 weeks they removed the plaster and manipulated my foot until it would sit flat on the ground. That was unbelievably painful.

Also broke a bone in my wrist jumping off a swing when I was a kid - that was extremely painful as well.
  • Options
    Still got it:

All down to Lewisham council & Jim Dowd.

I live with it Everyday.
  • Options
    trigerminal facial neuralgia - known as the most painful condition in the world commonly, AKA the suicide condition. haven't got it thank goodness but member of family has.
  • Options
    At the mother-in-laws for Christmas dinner, placed in between the two aunties that say things before they engage their brain so as a result get shouted at, a lot, and in my direction.
    Haven't drunk at all so I can escape and come and feed the dog and give her a walk.
    May go back about 9 o'clock and say the dog ran off and I had to find her, my god it's painful!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Post circumcision. PAIN!
  • Options
    Definitely rupturing most ligaments in my foot playing a game of my basketball, resulting in my foot spinning 270 degrees.. was in front of half of my team and mates, so limped off the court with tears in my eyes trying play the big man, but once I saw my foot dangling off the leg I vomited in pain. The schools sports department and the headmaster had never heard so much foul language as they did while waiting for the ambulance. The hospital thought it was just a routine sprain so they sent one of the one man first aid cars, as soon as he got there he turned on his heel and called a real ambulance, who upon giving me gas were told to 'f off it aint working, it just tastes sh*t'. Passed out in the ambulance, however was given a sh*tload of painkillers and sent home... didn't leave my house for 3 weeks. I was sitting in a chair one day, gagging for a sh*t, limped to the toilet, did the business, however due to my condition i couldnt quite sit down with my foot on flat ground... did it somehow, came back to the room, sat down... and noticed sh*t all the way down the back of my bandaged leg. This story is still a hit in pubs, haha. My ankle was swollen for 12 months, and is still bigger than the other 4 years on. Also for 2 years the pain when I misplaced my foot or missed a stair was excruciating.

More recently, extreme food poisoning, so severe they wanted to cut my appendix out since they thought I had appendicitis... a massive sh*t down the hospital toilets stinking out the whole ward for the night later, all symptoms were gone.

I have been quite lucky the past year or so but I have lost 20kg of weight so the stress on the joints and such is much lower, so I haven't had any major injuries recently...thank god, I had my fair share.
  • Options
    About 10 yrs ago whilst playing the beautiful game, running at full speed (and i was quite fast back then), then going into a sliding tackle and my outstretched leg edging nearer to the ball before my studs caught a lump of turf. The next thing i notice is my studs are facing me. My ankle had popped completely out of its socket and doing plenty of damage to ligaments & tendons. was about 10 months before i could do any light running on it. Not sure if thats my worst but definately in my top 10 (I'm pretty accident prone).
  • Options
    ACL rupture any day, still recovering, physiotherapy is so painful, cant play the beautiful game for another 6 months, gutted.
  • Options
    I get gout in the feet and in my wrist. Extremely painful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Broken jaw easily, i took a thumbnail clean off with a two pound hammer and that hurt.
    Broke my metartarsel before if became fashionable that does not come close to a broken jaw.

Breathing, drinking and talking was agony. I couldnt eat anything at all for six weeks and even after that mushy bread was painful.
  • Options
    Toss up between my first ACL rupture and the aftermath of the op to fix it,thank God for morphine.The other was getting my nose kicked off my face playing rugby.Dived on loose ball as someone tried to fly hack it.I vaguely remember some team mates looking at me and going pale,this though was nothing compared to the operation to fix the damage,most of which was on the right side and my right eye was shut for about six weeks after.
  • Options
    I'm throwing gout into the mix. Awoke Monday morning with excruitiating pain in my left big toe. Try to g o work but couldn't walk. Went to docs and had a blood test done, came back today and it is gout. Off to docs in a minute to find out what they can do to cure it. Believe me it is bloody painful.
  • Options
    I may describe my twisted testicle.....
  • Options
    Has anybody mentioned kidney stones? So bad I wouldn't even wish on a Palace fan.
  • Options
    I had pneumonia when I was 5. It didn't hurt so much but I seriously freaked out when I was all strapped up. I had to learn to walk on stairs all over again. 
    I fainted once and pounded my head on a bench in a school assembly. I went to the doctors and had a needle put in me and passed out again.

The most painful one was when I was 6 or 7. I was playing cricket as the wicketkeeper when the batter let go of the bat. It came flying towards me and hit me straight in the forehead. Blood spurting out and I still have the scar.

All that and I'm only 12 :)
  • Options
    I had pneumonia when I was 5. It didn't hurt so much but I seriously freaked out when I was all strapped up. I had to learn to walk on stairs all over again. 
    I fainted once and pounded my head on a bench in a school assembly. I went to the doctors and had a needle put in me and passed out again.

The most painful one was when I was 6 or 7. I was playing cricket as the wicketkeeper when the batter let go of the bat. It came flying towards me and hit me straight in the forehead. Blood spurting out and I still have the scar.

things can only get better (I hope) !!!!!! .. and what happened to the ball as you were getting whacked on the head ?
  • Options

It's got to be the torn ACL... knee bent in the wrong direction after jumping at tennis net.

BUT a close second was the time I caught the old scrote in my flies.  There was a section of goolie the wrong side of the zip and I had to undo it to free it up... or spend the rest of my life in suspended animation!

• Options

things can only get better (I hope) !!!!!! .. and what happened to the ball as you were getting whacked on the head ?
    The bat had a dent. The ball landed next to me lol.
  • Options

The bat had a dent. The ball landed next to me lol.

This reminds me of when I fell from a roof, bounced off a conservatory roof (luckily we had just replaced the glass roof with new slates!) and landed on a table tennis table that was left at the back of the house.

I came round in a pool of claret and found I had sliced my scalp off and it was flapping around like a cheap toupee. Had it stiched back in hospital and - touch wood - I still have enough hair to cover the scar or I would look like Frankenstein's monster. Happy days.