Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst pain ever

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    An emergency operation on the sinus area without anesthetic probably tops the list.

Toothache and earache are grim but in my experience a proper gout attack trumps both. Cracked ribs, broken wrists, fractured ankles and dislocated fingers are small beer by comparison although it is a "pain" when every breath hurts as with cracked ribs. The pain is low level though compared to gout. In my view anyway.
  • Options
    Well after seeing how bad my Dad is in hospital right now I would say that a Burst Gall Bladder must be right up there, even the Morphine does not seem to be masking the pain, he looks truly awful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Well after seeing how bad my Dad is in hospital right now I would say that a Burst Gall Bladder must be right up there, even the Morphine does not seem to be masking the pain, he looks truly awful.

Sorry to hear that P.

I hope he gets better soon.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that too P....give the old fella my regards when he is feeling slightly better....
  • Options
    Yes, hope it gets sorted quickly, good luck to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By:uncle[/cite]NLA is toothache worse than earache? Now there's a debate.

the toothache I've had was giving me an earache as well cos it was on the nerve , in fact the earache was the worst part of it
  • Options
    All of these are bloody painful, but tearing your ACL is, I'm convinced, a whole other level of pain - up there with breaking your leg or having a ruptured hernia. As someone who has suffered from tooth pain related to abscesses (which is horrendous) I can certainly understand people saying it's the worst pain there is - but seriously, I passed out when I tore my cruciate (playing ice hockey) - I came round about thirty seconds later with my face welded to the ice and screamed and wept like a girl. In the ambulance I was in and out of consciousness and the pain was so severe that when i was fully compos mentis I had hallucinations.
  • Options
    When im large intestine burst walked round in so much pain for 2 days before it got to the stage i could not walk pain was that bad
  • Options
    Once had an abcess at the top of my arse when I was a student. The pain got worse and worse for a week and I was convinced I had somehow broken my coccyx (the bone at the bottom of your spine). The pain eventually became unbearable and, too skint to pay for a cab, I was forced to embark on a stroll to the local A & E. The walk to hospital would have taken no more than 20 minutes normally, but took just over 2 hours as I penguin-walked along the road, frequently stopping to get a rest from the agony.

I eventually reached A & E and put forward my coccyx theory to the doctor, who looked mockingly at me like I was utterly stupid, spent about 30 seconds looking at the affected area and then explained that I had an abcess (a big puss-filled spot) caused by an ingrowing hair. She then prescribed me some antibiotics, endured a torturous two hour walk home and got back into the only comfortable position I could manage and waited for the tablets to take effect.

Cannot put into words the feeling of joy I experienced upon realising that the abcess had burst and a large amount of puss had exploded down my crack.

Sorry if you read this whilst eating!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Pulling a muscle in the side of your chest, kills

Stop moaning at least you pulled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Pulling a muscle in the side of your chest, kills

PMSFL and the only time he will
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Once had an abcess at the top of my arse when I was a student. The pain got worse and worse for a week and I was convinced I had somehow broken my coccyx (the bone at the bottom of your spine). The pain eventually became unbearable and, too skint to pay for a cab, I was forced to embark on a stroll to the local A & E. The walk to hospital would have taken no more than 20 minutes normally, but took just over 2 hours as I penguin-walked along the road, frequently stopping to get a rest from the agony.

I eventually reached A & E and put forward my coccyx theory to the doctor, who looked mockingly at me like I was utterly stupid, spent about 30 seconds looking at the affected area and then explained that I had an abcess (a big puss-filled spot) caused by an ingrowing hair. She then prescribed me some antibiotics, endured a torturous two hour walk home and got back into the only comfortable position I could manage and waited for the tablets to take effect.

Cannot put into words the feeling of joy I experienced upon realising that the abcess had burst and a large amount of puss had exploded down my crack.

Sorry if you read this whilst eating!

my mate at football had exactly the same thing. Had a hole drilled down to his spine to remove all the puss. had to have a nappy and all sorts for about 3 weeks. He said Its not just the pain its the embarrasment!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

hood?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Dont be so cruel.

He pulls every night.

Well, he pulls at something every night.....
  • Options
    Never had any serious injuries & v little in the way of any major pain or trauma.

Some Doris stood on my toe the other week and I think it may have been fractured - didn't bother doing anything about it and after a couple of weeks of painkillers it wore off.

Bit hit in the knackers with a golf ball - that DID hurt............but only for an hour or so..........you should have seen the bruise !!!!!!!

Worst pain though is my current divorce I'm going through............don't wish it on anybody !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cant believe no ones mentioned watching Charlton. That can be very painful at times ;-)
  • Options
    Uncle mate that is painfull all the time we are numb to it now mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Uncle mate that is painfull all the time we are numb to it now mate

I need some more penicillin then ;-)
  • Options
    Penicillin's no good - it's not bacterial. Just keep numbing the pain with alcohol :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starting Saturday u in the lib buddy
  • Options
    Was talking about this with the wife today. She reminded me of my ingrowing toenail removal. Had the big toe nail on my right foot removed. Relief was temporary. Had a delayed allergic reaction to the chemical they use to kill the nail cortex (or is it vortex). Total agony. Ended up back in casualty weeping like a bairn!
  • Options
    Snapped my tibbia in half on a motor bike (moped) when I was 16. Lying in the road with the two ends of the broken leg rubbing together was a little uncomfortable.

However, the worst was when I came round from my heart valve transplant and the Nurse pulled the drains out. Despite the maximum allowable dose of morphine It felt like someone was pulling a vacuum cleaner on full power out of a hole below my stomac that had been pushed up past all my internal organs to my chest.

As it came out and I was elated that I'd never have to go through that again the Nurse calmly said "Well done, you didn't scream once. Just two more to go."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Starting Saturday u in the lib buddy
    Yes actually i am. Not got a ticket yet but should get one on the day
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Starting Saturday u in the lib buddy
    Yes actually i am. Not got a ticket yet but should get one on the day

snap mate, joe kicks of at 1030 so i will leave about 1pm see you in there
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan
  • Options
    My god we seem an accident prone lot on here, some of these posts have made my eyes water. I've broken bones in wrist, arm, ankle like many on here, but the worst of these in terms of pain was having my nose broken by some huge centre back who put his elbow across the bridge of my hooter as I (at 5 foot 10) thought I could win the ball from a corner. My nose split in the shape of a crucifix, blood everywhere and me out for the count. It happened at Charlton Park in the mid-seventies and I can still remember the excruciating pain now as I came round. Got taken to the Brooke hospital, where doctor said I needed to have an op to re-set the bone. I declined and said let it heal on its own as I was scared of operations....what a dickhead!! Nose still bloody crooked now some 35 years later!!!
  • Options
    I've been quite lucky with breakages etc but will freely admit to crying with Kidney stone pain..

Never had anything lke it.....
  • Options
    Am really surprised none of the CL Ladies have commented on child birth yet...surprised but thankful they havent ;-)
  • Options
    child birth or toothache

toothache would win FACT