Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst pain ever

Comments

• Options
    TELTEL
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]

I also tried to pull a tooth out with pliers once when I had an infection, the pulsing pain was incredible.......and Im petrified of dentists....needless to say after mucho gusto it wouldnt budge, so off to the emergency dentist the next morning who sedated me and drilled a hole up the centre of the tooth to drain it....saved the tooth as well bless him....

Cheers Tel............I'm just about to pass out :(

Just thought Id share that Ray....hope youre well mate
  • Options
    Was deffo when my Vasectomy went wrong and the local anesthetic started to run out.

Although the car journey home in my mates audi TT was equally painful, as ever road seemed to have a sleeping policeman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

I also tried to pull a tooth out with pliers once when I had an infection, the pulsing pain was incredible.......and Im petrified of dentists....needless to say after mucho gusto it wouldnt budge, so off to the emergency dentist the next morning who sedated me and drilled a hole up the centre of the tooth to drain it....saved the tooth as well bless him....

Cheers Tel............I'm just about to pass out :(

Just thought Id share that Ray....hope youre well mate

Life's great thanks mate, its just that shower down the road trying to drag me down ; )
  • Options
    Hernia popping out, it used to wake me up and make me cry with the pain, I have a feeling its a worse pain than childbirth, my ex wouldnt agree ofc and said I was milking it.

Also somehow managed to get tackled (whilst playing a nice friendly game of footy) by two of the opposition at the same time, both boots studs up in my lower regions and studs up from the other guy in my knee, that did my ligaments in
  • Options
    Yep....Im with you on that one....still its early days mate, and we have both seen worse. (I think) :-)
  • Options
    i just read to the bit "took pliers to a tooth" and I stopped. dont anyone quote that one again please as i dont want to read it!! urgh.
  • Options
    I broke my leg in an evening football match just before Easter one year. At the hospital, they put on a temporary plaster because the ankle was so swollen that it couldn't be set properly. I had to go back to the hospital on Easter Sunday where they took the plaster off and then forced the leg back into place and re-plastered it while it was under tension. My eyes watered a little, I can tell you.

But worse than that ...

... I tore my thigh muscle completely after getting kicked on it jumping for a high ball. Yes, football again. I didn't walk for six weeks and, during that time, a 'friend' (ha!) came to visit me as I was lying on the sofa, bad leg stretched out before me.

"How's it going, Dave?" said the 'friend' as he playfully grabbed my foot and shook the leg.

We hardly speak now.
  • Options
    Trod on a mousetrap whilst helping to move a cabinet in my Mum and dads gaff.Had nothing on my feet either.
    Turned the air a darker shade of blue i can tell you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i just read to the bit "took pliers to a tooth" and I stopped. dont anyone quote that one again please as i dont want to read it!! urgh.

Gawd and I thought you were tough B.......wuss

:-)
  • Options
    Cant quote from my phone, but yes AFKA, I still remember the bed incident as well.

For those of you not knowing what the hell we're going on about, we went to visit a mate in hospital who'd had a rather bad "accident" with a bottle being put in his face.

Just the sight of the stiches puy me into squeezey mode. Moments later, I came around in said persons bed...I'd passed out again. So bloody embarassing.

I'm currently on thr waiting list for CBT treatment to try and help me thru the phobia I now clearly have.

Talking about pain, acute tonsilitis and an absyss in the very back of the throat was not pleasant, just swallowing my own saliva felt like razor blades.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'oldbloke' wins with the vasectomy story.....made me cross my legs that one !
  • Options
    Yeah made me whince as well....
  • Options
    torn ACL
    gout
    numerous broken wrist incidents

in that order.
  • Options
    Broken my collar bone, elbow, 3 knuckles (on separate occasions), cracked a rib, torn cartilage in my knee, torn 2 different ligaments in my knee, ruptured ligaments in my finger, dislocated my shoulder, smashed a tooth clean in half, been in hospital with a suspected broken neck and pulled/twisted countless ligaments in my knees n ankles (currently achillies :L) but nothing comes close to the time my mate decided to flip on a bouncy castle and land with his knees between my legs
  • Options
    In the past, pain was less taken into account and was often excruciating. Nowadays they give you painkillers and even morphine after surgery.
    Been through many of the unpleasantness read and am surprised no one 's gone through the piles surgery. Believe me, a real baddy that one.
    However, once its over and healed, you can swallow any amount of vindaloo curry without bothering the exhaust pipes any more.
  • Options
    Never had any real pain touch wood. I had a curry last night and now i have a sore ring piece :(
  • Options
    in plaster cast at the moment, torn medial knee ligament and it took with it a chunk of bone, very painful :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]'oldbloke' wins with the vasectomy story.....made me cross my legs that one !

Ugh, yeah. I had one of those. The actual op wasn't too bad .....but then somehow it all got infected.

The jolly old scrote blew up like a football, in vivid shades of yellow and purple.
    It was too painful to sleep; or walk, stand up or sit down. For 11 days.

The year before, I had a hernia - you know, where a bit of the bowel bubbles through the torn abdominal wall.
    Not comfortable, but was whizzed in to have it sorted before it burst and snuffed me.

Coming out of general anaesthetic was the most blissed out moment of my life (recommended!) and everything soon started to mend. Except (I'd better be polite here) I couldn't move my bowels. 8 days later........ it was eye watering, I can tell you.
    There's more, but best left to the imagination.

And all the women in my family telling me that's nothing compared to having a baby. I thought I was.
  • Options
    Gout

And relegation to League1
  • Options
    Gout - couldnt even bear a cotton sheet to rest on my foot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the worst pain ive ever felt is dehydration combined with body failure....
    After getting lost on a hiking trip in the middle of the Utah desert, i got so dehydrated because i didnt bring enough water. After hiking over 30 miles my body gave up on me and my muscles started to cramp repeatedly. When the shin muscles cramp, its so painful that you cant even move...
  • Options
    Snapped fibula and dislocated Tib playing football. Ridiculous pain. A few days later I got cramp in my calf muscle when still in plaster AND with the stitches still healing. I couldn't put weight on it to make the pain go away

I cried a little that night!

Aside from that it's the arthritis and gout I now have in that ankle
  • Options
    I have broken arms, ankle,wrist,hand,fingers,toes. Had my back fused together at the base.

And nothing nothing came close to the tooth ache I had with my wisdom teeth

I was willing to put my head under a bus. I used a bottle of whisky until the drink didn't work

Toothache must be the worst
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I have broken arms, ankle,wrist,hand,fingers,toes. Had my back fused together at the base.

Ah, yes. That's married life for you .......

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I have broken arms, ankle,wrist,hand,fingers,toes. Had my back fused together at the base.

And nothing nothing came close to the tooth ache I had with my wisdom teeth

I was willing to put my head under a bus. I used a bottle of whisky until the drink didn't work

Toothache must be the worst

exactly how I've felt for the last week . Now I'm struggling to sleep as my jaw is bruised and the inside of my mouth is sore but at least that should clear in a couple of days. I'm also sure that the booze I'm hoping to be well enough to drink on friday night may well go some way to helping
  • Options
    Snapped ACL - done under the influence during the 4-3 win at Villa Park. Pain was unreal when the booze wore off.

Displaced fracture of the wrist - again done under the influence. Didnt go to hospital till the next day and made the mistake of saying I had done it whilst pissed.

Worst ever was done as a kid. We used to set up a ramp and dare each other to jump milk bottles. Took it too far. Fell way short. Front tyre exploded, over the handle bars and got stabbed about 4 inches deep in the armpit. Never seen so much blood. Freaked completely. Then the pain kicked in.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I had a similar problem with the tooth thing, had a pinched nerve and used to get agonising pains up the side of my head, got the tooth removed and it was sorted. Had a kidney inFection when I was like 10/11, was utter agony. All I could die was lie in bedm, had to be rushed to hospital in the end.
  • Options
    Sat for 5 hours for a tattoo a couple of years ago. The last hour of that was not good. Very nearly threw up.
  • Options
    Rheumatoid arthritis.

It got so painful i stopped going to footy for a while as i couldn't sit in a small seated area for long peroids of time.
  • Options
    Back when I was about 20 I got Shingles on the top of my head, they were incredibly sensitive to touch but you could not see them because they were concealed by my hair.

Anyway, I felt fine and didn't want to miss my Saturday afternoon football match so played on anyway.

It was all going well until about ten minutes to go when - with the score at 0-0 - a beautiful cross came in from the right perfectly for my back-post run....

Without thinking I headed the ball beautifully into the top-corner only for my entire right-side of my head to explode into pain as I realised that I had headed the ball with the exact same spot on my head where the most painful Shingles were located.....