Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

luis suarez

Comments

• Just shows he hasn't learned. He should have had rehabilitation. Deport the c*nt.
  • Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it
    Share The Falklands with Argentina.....and if you don't like it...so be it.

I'm watching the match between Man Utd and Liverpool today and I can't believe that this is dragging on.
    No-one can even be sure what Suarez said to Evra. Did he say 'negro' or 'negrito?' For one thing 'negrito' in Uruguay or Argentina often used as a term of endearment. My mother in law calls my boys 'negrito' all the time. They may not be black but the point is that these terms are used very very loosely in these two countries.

Besides all that, aren't we just taking one person's word against another? One of those people being a player who instigated a strike by a national team during The World Cup Finals.

I've just missed two goals writing this!
  • Jamie Redknapp , what an utter utter twat
  • Graceless behaviour by Suarez, regardless of who did what or when , that is unsporting conduct.
    Up to the club and manager to have a word with there player.
  • Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it

I'm watching the match between Man Utd and Liverpool today and I can't believe that this is dragging on.
    No-one can even be sure what Suarez said to Evra. Did he say 'negro' or 'negrito?' For one thing 'negrito' in Uruguay or Argentina often used as a term of endearment. My mother in law calls my boys 'negrito' all the time. They may not be black but the point is that these terms are used very very loosely in these two countries.

Besides all that, aren't we just taking one person's word against another? One of those people being a player who instigated a strike by a national team during The World Cup Finals.

What about, "I kicked you because you're black" and "I don't talk to blacks". Are those terms of endearment?

• edited February 2012
    If he thinks he's innocent then why should he shake his hand?
    He's been found guilty. At the very least he's said something that is not considered racist in his country but is offensive in this one. In that case he should shake Evra's hand to show that there was no racist intention in what he said. I think the reality is that he is human garbage
    Nobody HAS to shake another players hand. It's about respect and if Suarez does not respect Evra then dont shake his hand.
    I don't care if he's innocent or not. That's Irrelevant. It's a matter of choice.
    It's the same reason why Rio didnt shake hands.

So to summarise, Luis Suarez doesn't respect Patrice Evra for being offended at being racially abused, and you think that's ok? This isn't just any handshake, this is a handshake that will be closely scrutinised. The Terry/Bridge handshake went viral and that was over an ex-girlfriend. This handshake was being watched everywhere to see how footballers react when racism rears its head, and Suarez's reaction was 'sod him, he got me banned because he had the temerity to not want to be abused for the colour of his skin'. If Suarez was adamant he was going to be an arse he should have requested there not be a handshake at all, rather than go for his theatrical, childish 'offer and withdraw' handshake. And what do we hear at halftime? There's been violence between the two sides in the dressing room over it. If Jordan Rhodes doesn't want to shake Ben Hamer's hand because he thinks he's a twat then sod him, but this handshake was an important moment for racism in football. And Suarez decided he doesn't give a solitary about what he did. No respect for Evra, no respect for the issues he caused, no respect for racism. Disgrace

You didn't read my post did you. I don't care why he doest respect him . I don't care if he was or wasn't racially abused because thats not my argument. Suarez probably is a racist Twat but he still has a choice.
    When i shake a persons hand it's when i want to not when someone tells me too. If you are forced shake someone's hand it's a farce. Racism is your issue and freedom of choice is mine.
  • But, Beds, Suarez does have freedom of choice. Sign a hugely beneficial contract and abide by everything that entails or don't sign it and sod off.
  • And just for good measure Liverpool are getting pulverised.
  • But, Beds, Suarez does have freedom of choice. Sign a hugely beneficial contract and abide by everything that entails or don't sign it and sod off.
    I don't disagree with that if in he's contract it says you must shake hands with the opposition.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he thinks he's innocent then why should he shake his hand?
    He's been found guilty. At the very least he's said something that is not considered racist in his country but is offensive in this one. In that case he should shake Evra's hand to show that there was no racist intention in what he said. I think the reality is that he is human garbage
    Nobody HAS to shake another players hand. It's about respect and if Suarez does not respect Evra then dont shake his hand.
    I don't care if he's innocent or not. That's Irrelevant. It's a matter of choice.

So to summarise, Luis Suarez doesn't respect Patrice Evra for being offended at being racially abused, and you think that's ok? This isn't just any handshake, this is a handshake that will be closely scrutinised. The Terry/Bridge handshake went viral and that was over an ex-girlfriend. This handshake was being watched everywhere to see how footballers react when racism rears its head, and Suarez's reaction was 'sod him, he got me banned because he had the temerity to not want to be abused for the colour of his skin'. If Suarez was adamant he was going to be an arse he should have requested there not be a handshake at all, rather than go for his theatrical, childish 'offer and withdraw' handshake. And what do we hear at halftime? There's been violence between the two sides in the dressing room over it. If Jordan Rhodes doesn't want to shake Ben Hamer's hand because he thinks he's a twat then sod him, but this handshake was an important moment for racism in football. And Suarez decided he doesn't give a solitary about what he did. No respect for Evra, no respect for the issues he caused, no respect for racism. Disgrace

You didn't read my post did you. I don't care why he doest respect him . I don't care if he was or wasn't racially abused because thats not my argument. Suarez probably is a racist Twat but he still has a choice.
    When i shake a persons hand it's when i want to not when someone tells me too. If you are forced shake someone's hand it's a farce. Racism is your issue and freedom of choice is mine.
    Do you think he was making a point about his freedom of choice to shake hands?

Also, how would you react if the person next to you sang "oh South London....." through a minute's silence?
  • edited February 2012
    No he's exercising it. I'm not defending him not shaking hands i'm defending he's right to. Thats completely different.
    I don't disagree with that if in he's contract it says you must shake hands with the opposition.
    Well obviously it won't be that specific but his contract will have something in it about not doing anything that would bring his employer into disrepute.
    And that's what he's just done (again).

It wasn't the words used, it was the context that the words were used. I can say black to describe some one, but I can't say that I'm fouling some one and will refuse to talk to some one "because you are black"
  • My mate just told me that Rio refused to shake Suarez's hand. Correct?
  • edited February 2012
    In a few short weeks, Liverpool have gone from being one of the country's most respected clubs, to one of the country's most despised.
    Perhaps only Millwall have the edge on them now.
    yep , he saw the suarez blank of evra then nutdowned suarez as well

You didn't read my post did you. I don't care why he doest respect him . I don't care if he was or wasn't racially abused because thats not my argument.
    I did read your post, bit condescending to say otherwise but ok. My point is that this isn't just a handshake anymore. Not even nearly. If you don't want to shake a bloke's hand in the street then super, but that's a completely different issue to what we have here. Of course the pre-match handshake is a farce, that's all it is, it's pomp and bluster to pretend the players aren't a bunch of money-grabbing morons when we all know better. This handshake was an event - you could put money on whether or not it would happen with the bookies. The pre-match handshake was there today as an opportunity to draw a line under the racism in football debate that was swirling around Utd and Liverpool and let the clubs move on. Both Kenny and Ferguson gave press conferences saying that the players could shake hands, clearly leading the players to a juncture where they'd shake hands, the media would report on it and then football could take over again. We could stop worrying about racism in football and start worrying about football in football. But Suarez decided that he'd rather start yet another race row over this event televised from several angles and repeated in slo-mo because he's not sorry he offended someone and he's proud of it. He refuses to be apologetic for what he did; even if we buy into the misunderstanding argument he could just have let it end. But he refuses. If you really want to argue that Suarez's freedom of choice (like the choice he made to racially abuse Evra) is at stake if he shakes someone's hand in a photo opportunity specifically designed to put a stop to a race row then your priorities need reordering
  • edited February 2012
    My mate just told me that Rio refused to shake Suarez's hand. Correct?
    correct and again that was his choice to no do so and good on him.
    Difficult that one to decide though, because was it pre-meditated or did he do it because Suarez had just blanked Evra.

Jeez, all this handshake stuff is a load of old pony anyway. Just come out the tunnel and get on with the game - that way none of this becomes an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

yep , he saw the suarez blank of evra then nutdowned suarez as well
    Does that make Rio just as bad then? Both a pair of twats IMO.

• Beds, that's fair enough, but that's surely an argument about the relevance and appropriateness of the orchestrated handshake in the first place?
    This incident is about a specific set of personal circumstances. If these handshakes are in place and the football clubs and players have (presumably) signed up to it, then he should partake unless he's let it be known in advance that he won't shake hands to excuse him from doing so. Just like Wayne Bridge did.
    It appears he didn't let anyone know, so he should have shook hands.
    By the way, I personally think an orchestrated handshake is hollow and farcical and nobody would miss it if it disappeared tomorrow.

You didn't read my post did you. I don't care why he doest respect him . I don't care if he was or wasn't racially abused because thats not my argument.
    I did read your post, bit condescending to say otherwise but ok. My point is that this isn't just a handshake anymore. Not even nearly. If you don't want to shake a bloke's hand in the street then super, but that's a completely different issue to what we have here. Of course the pre-match handshake is a farce, that's all it is, it's pomp and bluster to pretend the players aren't a bunch of money-grabbing morons when we all know better. This handshake was an event - you could put money on whether or not it would happen with the bookies. The pre-match handshake was there today as an opportunity to draw a line under the racism in football debate that was swirling around Utd and Liverpool and let the clubs move on. Both Kenny and Ferguson gave press conferences saying that the players could shake hands, clearly leading the players to a juncture where they'd shake hands, the media would report on it and then football could take over again. We could stop worrying about racism in football and start worrying about football in football. But Suarez decided that he'd rather start yet another race row over this event televised from several angles and repeated in slo-mo because he's not sorry he offended someone and he's proud of it. He refuses to be apologetic for what he did; even if we buy into the misunderstanding argument he could just have let it end. But he refuses. If you really want to argue that Suarez's freedom of choice (like the choice he made to racially abuse Evra) is at stake if he shakes someone's hand in a photo opportunity specifically designed to put a stop to a race row then your priorities need reordering
    Brilliant post.

• Beds, that's fair enough, but that's surely an argument about the relevance and appropriateness of the orchestrated handshake in the first place?
    This incident is about a specific set of personal circumstances. If these handshakes are in place and the football clubs and players have (presumably) signed up to it, then he should partake unless he's let it be known in advance that he won't shake hands to excuse him from doing so. Just like Wayne Bridge did.
    It appears he didn't let anyone know, so he should have shook hands.
    By the way, I personally think an orchestrated handshake is hollow and farcical and nobody would miss it if it disappeared tomorrow.
    The curcumstancies surrounding it are another argument , your right . As for letting someone know he wasn't going to shake hands that's something i'm sure Kenny Dalglish must have spoke to him about befeore the game don't you think? If he didnt then more fool him.

What about, "I kicked you because you're black" and "I don't talk to blacks". Are those terms of endearment?

No. What are you talking about?
  • edited February 2012
    Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it

No. What are you talking about?
    That's what the FA report concludes what Suarez said to Evra
  • As a friend once said, 'Liverpool football club, ashamed of nothing, outraged by everything'
  • Evra looked like someone was wafting a piss soaked lump of cotton wool under his nose when Suarez scored
  • Part of a Dalglish master plan perhaps. An 'us against the world' mentality to bring players, fans, the whole Liverpool FC circus together. If they happen to play utter shite (imagine that!) then no pressure on the team, it's all about the handshake or lack thereof. I could be overanalysing of course but it took me twenty minutes and a pint to concoct the theory so I'm sticking with it.
  • edited February 2012
    Never mind Suarez .. I have always suspected that 'King' Kenny Dalglish has managerial feet of clay. He took over a Liverpool side years ago that my dog could have managed to a league title but what's he done since?.. Today he leaves Bellamy and Adam on the bench and picks Downing and Spearing. He's paid 35 million or so for Carrol and appears to have no idea what to do with him. KKD, time to leave the stage .. that's King Ken Dalglish b t w, NOT King Ken Dodd
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!