Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luis suarez

Comments

• Options
    Evra definitely dropped his hand an inch or two as suarez approached , so not as clear cut as first thought

I didn't think evra's celebration at the end warranted the teardrop reaction of the liverpool players , suarez just ignored it
    Agreed I'm not saying Suarez would have shook his hand but evra starts the movement away.

And I have no time for what fergie thinks he thinks he runs the league the prick.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I have no time for what fergie thinks he thinks he runs the league the prick.

I'm certainly surprised there hasn't been more of an outcry against his comment that Suarez should never play for Liverpool again. No manager has any business picking another manager's team - under any circumstances.

Imagine if, say for example, Megson had an issue with one of our players, and tried to tell Powell that player should neverappear for Charlton again. We'd go ballistic and tell him to mind his own business, regardless of what it was one of our players was alleged to have done.

The Man U-Liverpool vendetta was already in danger of spiralling out of control, and Ferguson chose to say something deliberately designed to make it ten times worse. It will serve him right if, while he's so busy feuding with Dalglish and Liverpool, the blue team from across the city steal the title.

• Options
    Got no time for suarez I' m afraid similar to balotelli and cantona if you go back far enough he may be a good player but is a nasty bit of work and is the sort of player I don't want to see playing over here.
  • Options
    balotelli maybe stupid but he has a heart of gold. Suarez is just a complete helmet.
  • Options

This racism issue is spoiling football !
    Why can't people just get on with it
    Suarez has been rightly punished for his actions

And now this is getting ridiculous all over the news, instead of inportant stuff like our troops.
  • Options

This racism issue is spoiling football !
    If you're from an ethnic minority, I'd guess it can spoil your entire life.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm not talking about racism in football in general.

I'm talking about the luis suarez and patrice evra situation.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wrong what suarez said but then again surely this is wrong as well and i dont recall it being mentioned much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082524/Patrice-Evra-video-using-n-word-YoutTube.html
  • Options
    Wrong what suarez said but then again surely this is wrong as well and i dont recall it being mentioned much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082524/Patrice-Evra-video-using-n-word-YoutTube.html

Dont see anything wrong with this at all, completely nothing.

So much love for Evra after today, Suarez is absolute scum, along with Dalglish.
    Handshakes waste of time though.
  • Options
    Evra's hand was there to shake, and Suarez blanked it.

Can't believe people are buying the bullshit coming from Liverpool that Evra pulled his hand away.

Liverpool FC, Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jimmy Melrose's trolling has been amazingly good on this thread
    Just looked up this 'trolling' word in the Urban Slang dictionary.

I don't see why you think I'm doing that. I'm just giving you the benefit of my experience. Ignore it if you wish, I can't be bothered to waste my breath (or rather fingers) anymore.
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose gotta say, I think you're well wrong on this one.
  • Options
    Evra clearly drops his hand as Suarez approaches

• Options
    Evra clearly drops his hand as Suarez approaches

its still held out, and i think he was going for a limp handshake. Something i do when i dont particularly like some one but I'm shaking their hand as representative of something/somebody else.
  • Options
    The hand is there, Suarez goes to shake it, and then moves away from Evra's hand.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have no time for what fergie thinks he thinks he runs the league the prick.

I'm certainly surprised there hasn't been more of an outcry against his comment that Suarez should never play for Liverpool again. No manager has any business picking another manager's team - under any circumstances.

Imagine if, say for example, Megson had an issue with one of our players, and tried to tell Powell that player should neverappear for Charlton again. We'd go ballistic and tell him to mind his own business, regardless of what it was one of our players was alleged to have done.

The Man U-Liverpool vendetta was already in danger of spiralling out of control, and Ferguson chose to say something deliberately designed to make it ten times worse. It will serve him right if, while he's so busy feuding with Dalglish and Liverpool, the blue team from across the city steal the title.

What a feeble-minded response.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I don't agree with Jimmy Melrose necessarily, particularly about the Falklands, but it is well documented that he knows South America and South Americans so harsh to idly dismiss him as a troll in my opinion.
  • Options
    I don't agree with Jimmy Melrose necessarily, particularly about the Falklands, but it is well documented that he knows South America and South Americans so harsh to idly dismiss him as a troll in my opinion.
    He still hasn't read the Suarez/Evra report though Len!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Jimmy should read the FA report, and then talk about it, the word Negrito was never used by Suarez, so that straw man argument is over.
  • Options
    No way in a million years does suarez go to shake evras hand. He clearly just goes straight to de gea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it
    Share The Falklands with Argentina.....and if you don't like it...so be it.

I'm watching the match between Man Utd and Liverpool today and I can't believe that this is dragging on.
    No-one can even be sure what Suarez said to Evra. Did he say 'negro' or 'negrito?' For one thing 'negrito' in Uruguay or Argentina often used as a term of endearment. My mother in law calls my boys 'negrito' all the time. They may not be black but the point is that these terms are used very very loosely in these two countries.

Besides all that, aren't we just taking one person's word against another? One of those people being a player who instigated a strike by a national team during The World Cup Finals.

I've just missed two goals writing this!
    What about, "I kicked you because you're black" and "I don't talk to blacks". Are those terms of endearment?

No. What are you talking about?
    That's what the FA report concludes what Suarez said to Evra
    I've just looked at this report:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

It appears that Evra started the conversation by insulting Suarez. In my opinion it's like a playground spat between two stupid little boys and everyone is now taking it well out of context.
    The point is that these two players are from countries that are both culturally different to the UK and were speaking in Spanish. Too much analysis and translation in the UK, taken from a British perpective using British cultural values is asking for trouble.

This should never have gone to court.
    It never went to court
  • Options
    A big thing is eye contact and body language, Evra is clearly looking at Sarez ready for the handshake. Suarez on the other hand never even attempts to look at Evra or even acknowledge he's there, he clearly blanks him and goes straight for De Gea. Evra obviously notices this snub and drops his hand slightly before attempting to grab Suarez's hand to attempt a shake which Suarez shows no interest in and still refuses to make eye contact.

Suarez and Liverpool FC are an absolute disgrace. Ashamed of nothing, outraged by everything.
  • Options
    If Evra is so happy using 'racist' language then he should have no problems with anyone else.

You can't have one rule for black people and another for everyone else. And all the stuff over the handshake...Wellbeck and Ferdinand blanked him when he held his hand.

It would make so much sense though to just scrap the handshakes for all games, It avoids the controversy and it's not like they don't speak in the tunnel before and shake hands after.
  • Options
    Here comes the constant victim
  • Options
    The rights and wrongs of the language used by suarez have been done to death ,

Focus on the new issue or say nothing imo

All that will happen is people will start to discuss individuals political preferences
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    R.e the handshake, Evra did nothing wrong.

Suarez is a racist little scumbag, disagree with Rio refusing a shake also.
  • Options
    Evra calls people the n word in that video then?
  • Options
    Dalglish will go over this, directly or indirectly. He will not be Liverpool manager at the start of 2012/13 season.

£50 to Demelza House if I'm wrong as long as someone dontates £50 if I'm right.
  • Options
    Well now Off-It is on here making his usual kick-response comments I'm logging off. I can think of better ways of spending my Saturday afternoon then getting embroled in an argument. If you disagree with me then fine. I make my point and you make yours (as Ash Tray fairly did).

I've said my piece as someone with experience of Suarez's part of the world and I just ask people to think about it. Goodbye.
    Suarez part of the world has nothing to do with what happened. He was fouind GUILTY by the FA of making racist remarks in ENGLAND. You can't defend what happened. Suraez did not appeal the decision.

• Options
    Liverpool's and Suarez's handling of this whole situation has been terrible. Evra is not squeaky clean in the whole affair by any stretch of the imagination but this whole thing could have been difused with a simple explanation after the hearing that Suarez didn't understand how unacceptable the use of such language is in England but he was sorry and wouldn't do it again. Instead we got the pleas of innocence (but no actual appeal), the fantastically misjudged t-shirts and Dalglish's belidgerant press conferences all fanning the flames and all giving the impression of defending the use of racist language.

Watching the US coverage of the Premier League today, this whole thing has not played well at all and was, understandably, being linked to wider issues of racism in the game, both in the ground and away from it. Viewers were, for example, encouraged to look at Stan Collymore's twitter feed to learn more about English football fans attitude towards race. That's an unfair generalisation but I was embarrassed as a Brit abroad to think thats how people see football fans.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!