Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

luis suarez

Comments

• I wasn't for one minute excusing what he has done, he deserves everything he gets. Understand he has 14 days to appeal, will they take the risk as it could be extended if the appeal is lost
  • So what did he say? I heard tonight on 5Live that Evra made some anti-South American comment too. Also no one apparently gave evidence against Suarez, just Evra's word. Anyway the FA are to make their findings fully public.
  • Seems that Jason Euell is getting stick from Liverpool fans on twitter
  • WHAT HAPPENED AT ANFIELD ON
    OCTOBER 15?

Manchester United faced Liverpool in a Premier
    League match. In the 57th minute Suarez fouled Evra and tempers flared at the
    next corner. They squared up to each other and Evra asked why Suarez kicked him.
    Suarez said he should forget about it, these things happen. Evra claims Suarez
    then became racially abusive, using the word 'negro'. Suarez denies using the
    word in that clash. Evra is clearly wound up, but nearby players do not seem
    particularly bothered.

A few
    minutes later Marriner calls the pair together. Suarez apologises and tries to
    pat Evra on the head. It is alleged Evra said: 'Don't touch me, you South
    American,' to which Suarez replies: 'Porque, negro?'

Evra catches Kuyt two minutes later and is
    booked. He allegedly shouts at Marriner: 'You're only booking me because I'm
    black.'

Suarez is bemused, saying: 'I called him
    something his team-mates call him and even they were surprised by his
    reaction.'

• edited December 2011
    Is Negro abusive? Of course the guy shouldn't be referring to Evra by his race anyway but... Didn't Martin Luther King refer to his race as negro in the dream speech?

On second thoughts, would I ever call a black person a negro.. No.
  • edited December 2011
    If guilty he should be fired by Liverpool. You do in any other job don't you? Counted as gross misconduct?
    Yes and in a normal job you'd have probably been suspended on full pay pending the findings of an investigation. The same should have happended to Suarez and Terry. It would have sent a clear message that the clubs took the accusations very seriously which, of course, they don't.
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone apart from Evra said he used the word "negrito"? Has Suarez admitted it? Are they actually his words quoted above? All I can say is Evra is the boy who cried wolf when it comes to accusations and I hope that is not only Evra, the support of MUFC and a tidal wave of anti-racism and anti-Blatter sentiments that have led to a guilty verdict.

• He must be gutted that he didn't apologise and offer a handshake as he left the pitch and it all would have been forgotten.
  • Anyone remember this? Don't remember Boateng getting an eight match ban

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/boateng-retracts-racism-allegations
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone apart from Evra said he used the word "negrito"? Has Suarez admitted it? Are they actually his words quoted above? All I can say is Evra is the boy who cried wolf when it comes to accusations and I hope that is not only Evra, the support of MUFC and a tidal wave of anti-racism and anti-Blatter sentiments that have led to a guilty verdict.

Shortly after it all blew up Luis was in Uruguay and he gave an interview saying that he did indeed use a word that offended Evra but that all his team mates used it as well.  He claims to have used the word for black in his own language, which sounds very much like the N word.  Once Evra got angry he should have then dropped it but he continued to use it
  • i think he said Negrito which means little black boy
  • Be interesting to see how John Terry is dealt with now
  • If found guilty he will have to receive at least the same punishment. He will have to be stripped of England captaincy again I don't think the FA will have any other alternative
  • There is even less mitigating circumstance with Terry
  • The Terry case is totally different as OB are involved. Struggling to see where the FA are coming from with this. There doesn't appear to be any evidence other than one  mans word against the other. Is this a new law that the courts have approved where a guilty verdict can be handed down on the strength of one mans word?!! If there is no evidence or witnesses as the reports would suggest, then I hope he gets off on appeal.

• danroan
    Dan Roan

CPS to make statement on John Terry this afternoon

• The FA are waiting to see if he faces criminal charges first, they do not want to find him guilty or innocent prior to a trial. 
  • Loosely translated it means 'little black boy'. More correctly, as a Colloquialism, it has the same sort of connotations as calling someone 'little coon' in English. South Americans (and Spaniards in general) have the same attitudes towards race that Britain had in the seventies. It needs changing. Saying Evra is 'the boy who cried wolf' on racism is baffling. He's made - to my knowledge - one accusation of racism (at Chelsea a couple of seasons back). That happened after a game, with only two other witnesses (both white Chelsea employees). Hardly the most impartial witnesses there then. Making a statement like that suggests that Suarez should pretty much be allowed to say whatever he likes because Evra can't 'prove' he said it. I suspect Suarez told the hearing that he called Evra a 'little coon' but should be excused for doing it because casual racism is commonplace in Uruguay. If that's the case, then f*** him - he deserves the 8 match ban.
  • Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it
  • Sponsored links:

• Given that Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay are banning all ships flying the Falklands Islands flag from their respective seaports, irrespective of any racist remarks, Suarez, Tevez and all the other ios and ezes should be deported immediately along with the other several thousand Brazies, Argies and Urus living and 'working' or claiming benefits in the UK .. and if that's racist .. so be it
    Definitely. In fact, lets start a war about a group of godforsaken shithouse islands 8000 miles away that are the last vestiges of Britain's 'empire' to detract from the fact that we are utterly, utterly fucked economically.
  • I was finding this thread quite interesting as it does highlight quite a few 'grey' areas. Then along comes Lincsaddick who for some reason just has to spoil it, ah well, there's freedom of expression for you.
    Definitely. In fact, lets start a war about a group of godforsaken shithouse islands 8000 miles away that are the last vestiges of Britain's 'empire' to detract from the fact that we are utterly, utterly fucked economically.
    Can we leave the women here? South American woman are hot.
  • But with Terry the complaint was made by a third party, so there is allegedly corroborating evidence, not Ferdinands word against his.

• "You South American"?...If Evra used this as stated (which sounds an odd phrase to use) then he was obviously using it in a derogatory way and it therefore becomes a racist comment.  Why's that not been mentioned and dealt with?
  • I think that third party was a television viewer
  • I think that third party was a television viewer

Not so apparently, a member of the crowd made a complaint to a copper inside the ground, point being, Ferdinand made no complaint, so if Terry is found guilty its due to this fact and not just taking Ferdinands word for it, as it appears the FA have done with Evra.

Is it 1981 again? Tory government dying on it's arse, unemployment raising, need to fight a silly war to get the numbers up?
  • As for Saurez, they're making an example of him i think. that it does't matter what the cultural norms are in your own country. and all the shit about 'negrito' meaning pal and everything... in the context of that game / confrontation, there's no way it was used to do anything but rile Evra. not acceptable.

I reckon Terry if found guilty is also in deep shit, and rightly so.

• Seems Suarez is getting fitted up,and evra getting away with what he said,one rule for one for another
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!