Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey/Soundasa£ transfer saga thread

Bailey to Celtic for £1 million ?....according to the express. I'd bite their hand off at that number.

Comments

• Options
    Yea 1M would do nicely.
  • Options
    If the press are right, there certainly seems to be a fair bit of interest in Bailey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]....according to the express. I'd bite their hand off at that number.

I wouldnt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]....according to the express. I'd bite their hand off at that number.

I wouldnt

So what do you think would be a good price?
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I wouldnt

whatever the cost of missing that bloody penalty and the misplaced pass not a penny less
  • Options
    shouldn't this be in the "Rumours" thread

surprised Henry didn;t go into one !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]shouldn't this be in the "Rumours" thread

surprised Henry didn;t go into one !!!!!!!!

Cos it is already in the Rumours thread.

LOL at Golfie suggesting someone else might "go into one"
  • Options
    why would he want to go to celtic, yeah i'd be happy with anything over 750k
  • Options
    Anything over a million is acceptable. Why wouldn't he want to go to Celtic? He'd been guaranteed European football, good money, big crowds and winning trophies. He can't do any worse than Zheng Zhi has up there! Maybe we could get Mcgeady in a swap deal!
  • Options
    Celtic would be an amazing move from league one to the champions league, who wouldn't want that? A million plus some kind of deal with the 2 clubs would be awsome maybe a celtic style away shirt? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]why would he want to go to celtic, yeah i'd be happy with anything over 750k

Better wages
    European football
    Playing in front of 60k fans every home game

How many more reasons do you want?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]winning trophies

Which trophies ?
  • Options
    snap their (or anyone's) hand off for £1m, no chance of getting anymore
  • Options
    Without wishing to start a row I would be deeply upset with any link between Charlton and Celtic and the thought of a hooped shirt - Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Bailey is a bit of a clone of Neil Lennon, similar type of player and ginger!
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi playing there mustve killed you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I wouldnt

So what do you think would be a good price?

Well if all the rumours are true and there are four clubs chasing him then i would say total comp of £1.5+ would be realistic.

But then who believes rumours!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Playing in front of 60k fans every home game

I think you are very much mistaken
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]
    [cite]Playing in front of 60k fans every home game

I think you are very much mistaken

True. 60k for old firm games and big euro nights. Less than half that for all other games. Still, lot better than playing Dagenham infront of 14k.
  • Options
    Celtic average attendance this season was 46,437, far from full but more than double our average.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he does go then I'd prefer it be to a club like Celtic rather than a Norwich, Southampton or, worse of all, Millwall.

£1m plus a young Celtic loanee for the season would be an excellent deal.
  • Options
    Why on earth would he want to join the 2nd Best Team in Scotland?

Think he'll end up in Championship myself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]Celtic average attendance this season was 46,437, far from full but more than double our average.

It's the old st holders who don't turn up scenario. I know many who have st's every year but they only go to the 2 rangers games. Been to a few games there against lower teams using other people's st's and the place is empty looking and very quiet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Why on earth would he want to join the 2nd Best Team in Scotland?

Think he'll end up in Championship myself.

agree. Norwich or QPR my guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, he knows how to dive so he should fit in very well at The Piggery!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    English tier 3 = Scotland top tier.
    He'll barely notice the difference!
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]English tier 3 = Scotland top tier.
    He'll barely notice the differnce!
    ;-)

aside from the opportunity to get pummeled in europe..
  • Options
    they aint got that sorta dosh.
  • Options
    I think any side offering player-swaps would suit us better. Can't forget the Southend sell-on fee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]I think any side offering player-swaps would suit us better. Can't forget the Southend sell-on fee.

it's only 20% of any profit so if he goes for a million less the 500k approx we have paid Southend means 20% of 500k, 100k approx.