Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Shelvey to sign for Liverpool - Confirmed+++

Comments

• Options
    Still not happy about the timing and the fee really as I've said how deseperate were we to sell? As far as has been reported we're nothing like palarse atm. Is a big loss but shouldnt disrupt the team hopefully.

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/liverpools-1-7m-deal-comes-as-a-major-blow
  • Options
    leave it out fella's, just cos somebody doesnt rate him as highly as others. Its opinions remember.

Havent said anything on this so far, and dont know the ins and outs, so will keep it simple......Good Luck Jonjo! Im sure you will develop into a quality footballer. Always welcome back down the Valley!
  • Options
    Surely the most surprising thing about this deal is that Alan Pardew hasn't managed to get his face out there yet and take full credit for the talent of Jonjo Shelvey!
  • Options
    Well said ValleyGary,it is all about opinions and everyones are different.Just because you rate him Uncle am i meant to agree with you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]I think we are lucky to get what we did for Shelvey,and cant believe Liverpool think he is good enough for the Premier League!

Not just Liverpool, but Chelsea and a host of other top English sides. But I assume you are more knowledged in the judgement of a player than the chief scouts of some of the biggest teams in the world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Surely the most surprising thing about this deal is that Alan Pardew hasn't managed to get his face out there yet and take full credit for the talent of Jonjo Shelvey!

He wanted to buy him for southampton
  • Options
    Lets see what happens then,if im wrong im wrong and im big enough to admit that.Thought this was about fans opinions not having a go at each other because fans dont agree with your own opinion!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]Thought this was about fans opinions not having a go at each other because fans dont agree with your own opinion!

You don't come here often do you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]Well said ValleyGary,it is all about opinions and everyones are different.Just because you rate him Uncle am i meant to agree with you?

Not at all ijust find it strange that you join a charlton forum and the the thing you do is have a pop at one of the best players currently at the club who as actually done nothing but try hs best. If you and valleygary think that is normal sensible behaviour the i'm glad he's gone. By the way they dont think he's good enough they know. Obviously though they should have got your opinion first
  • Options
    WUM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enough of this Shelvey Business what we all really want to know is if Uncle is going to Ditch the Valley for Upton Park now ?
  • Options
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257254.0

apologies if this has already been posted, but it's very funny....spirit of Aqualani part is class
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Enough of this Shelvey Business what we all really want to know is if Uncle is going to Ditch the Valley for Upton Park now ?

Not yet! There's another Shelvey on Charlton's books somewhere isn't there?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]scoham he rates him which makes the reasoning even worse
    Erm, what? I rate him like a lot of people do, both Charlton fans, fans of other clubs and many people in football. For Liverpool he's more potential than anything at the moment.
  • Options
    Sorry for my opinion!Only got internet yesterday and was told about this site thats why ive only just joined.I believe we have better youngsters at the club than Shelvey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Busterblitz[/cite]http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257254.0

apologies if this has already been posted, but it's very funny....spirit of Aqualani part is class

Love one of the Scousers Usernames Fernando Tourettes :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]Sorry for my opinion!Only got internet yesterday and was told about this site thats why ive only just joined.I believe we have better youngsters at the club than Shelvey.[/quote]

Like who!!

I'm sure Richard Murray would like to know!!
  • Options
    Parky must be a master negotiator.

All that money for a player that can't even get into a league one side.

Wowee, Parky sure is amazing.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]Sorry for my opinion!Only got internet yesterday and was told about this site thats why ive only just joined.I believe we have better youngsters at the club than Shelvey.

Like who!!

I'm sure Richard Murray would like to know!!

It'll make no difference if you tell Parky though! They might be too good to put into our team.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257254.0

Haha..just saw the John Luke Piccard comparison on there....that's uncanny

Edit: Quote Fail so I'm just going to repost the address, Fernando Tourettes is a good name
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would rate Wagstaff and Elliott higher than Shelvey and wouldnt want to lose them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Parky must be a master negotiator.

don't think Parky had a say to be fair!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]I would rate Wagstaff and Elliott higher than Shelvey and wouldnt want to lose them!
    lets be serious here

You are clearly either Scott or Elliott lol

Or Maybe it's Lloyd Sam he said he'd join!
  • Options
    My cover is blown,its a fair cop.lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Oh he did mate.
    Ketman i'll be in the lib saturday dont you worry. Upton park is to expensive ;-)
    TRR the nephew coming through aint a shelvey its my sisters boy so got another name
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Oh he did mate.
    Ketman i'll be in the lib saturday dont you worry. Upton park is to expensive ;-)
    TRR the nephew coming through aint a shelvey its my sisters boy so got another name
    Great to hear you're going to stick about Uncle!

I obviously don't know all the details so all I can say is, sad to see him go still but where better for him to go than his Idol's club?

I'll continue speculating til the truth comes out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite] I would rate Wagstaff and Elliott higher than Shelvey and wouldnt want to lose them!

yep we've really struggled since elliot's been out of the team and as for waggy not being picked , parky needs his head tested
  • Options
    Firstly as a long standing fan I would like to thank JJ for his integrity and sense, in waiting for the right opportunity before making the move. Signing his new contract showed loyalty which has helped repay the club for the opportunity it has given him. We all know only to well there have been a few who said stuff CAFC it's all about me.

His family obviously have been a good and steadying influence and should be proud.

Good Luck Jonjo for the future.

As for the boards decision I think we have to accept that Murray wouldn't have done the deal if it was not essential for the clubs survival. I like many on here suffered M. Glikstein selling a whole team of younger players in the sixties. At one time we had a complete team of ex players turning out for teams in the top division whilst we struggled most years to avoid relegation from the old 2nd div.

During that time I made many comments as has been stated on this thread in anger and frustration, whether I am now just worn down or more understanding I am not sure. Certainly the media pick up quicker and fans are in the know more because of sites like this one and we are all aware of the current financial difficulties in football so not in the dark as much.

My main concern though is the Liverpool future connection, is it really going to aid us getting back up the football ladder with the best of their young crop being blooded in first team football or are we becoming a nursery feeder club for the Premiership. Beggars can't be choosers but to keep the belief (as I have always done in the pass) we need to at some stage keep our young best talent longer to be able to get back in the company of the elite.
  • Options
    I didnt say i agreed with Killer Kish, all im saying is do we really need to start calling people fecking eijits just cos they dont believe Shelvey isnt good enough for the premier league. The press are gonna disect Jonjo's performances the more he plays for a top flight club, why let a post on the Charlton message board wind you up.
  • Options
    Falconwood_1 said

"Totally different kind of midfield player.

His passing ability is light years ahead of Parker and can do so with both feet.

Very similar in style to Gerrard and also reminds me of Trevor Brooking (you being a man of the fence should recognise this)."

I don't disagree at all, different player, but parker for me had a better all round game, so far that is - which I also agree on