Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Shelvey to sign for Liverpool - Confirmed+++

Comments

• Options
    Will be some achievment for JJ when this exceeds the post- count of the Takeover thread!
  • Options
    cheers unc for clearing alot of that up

hopefully people can see this was nothing to do with Jonjo
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36031&newstype=p

Murray on timing and the decision.

That clears a few things up. Still not convinced we couldn't have waited until after the playoffs though....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36031&newstype=p

Murray on timing and the decision.

That clears a few things up. Still not convinced we couldn't ahve waited until after the playoffs though....
    Risk of getting an injury and need for the money I guess, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I doubt it was ever Parkys decision to sell or even not to play him. Our situation appears dire so why risk our only major asset?

The Parky gripe was playing him for too long and in the wrong position imho.

Plus putting JJ on the bench for a midweek JPT match when surely it wouldve made more sense to give a 17 yo a night off....

I pray RM is right and we get some of *their* excellent young English players on loan (Eccleston & Ince spring to mind)
  • Options
    Lets all face it if this deal hadn't happened then come Friday when WSS puts up the preditions thread half the people on here would be saying "this aint the game for jonjo" "i wouldn't put jonjo in for this one you need strenght and experience"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][But if your going to be put into the football wilderness you may as well do it at liverpool than charlton.

Make you mind up Unc, I thought he was going to be playing 60 games for them next year? ;-)

Anyway, football wilderness is a bit of an exageration - he's featured in over half our games this season which is perfectly respectable for an 18 year old.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Lets all face it if this deal hadn't happened then come Friday when WSS puts up the preditions thread half the people on here would be saying "this aint the game for jonjo" "i wouldn't put jonjo in for this one you need strenght and experience"
    I know what you mean. We'll never know though. I would have liked him to play more as I've said, but games like Colchester at home I think it was right to play the team we did. Not having a go, but there were games that were a good opportunity to play him, and certain games other players and set ups were more suited to. Which is true for a lot of players.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    These people havent a bloody clue Uncle.

Drives me mad. I dont see to too many of our midfielders able to switch play or control a game from the centre.

In my book far too much wishy/washy, tippy tappy stuff that looks good but never pentrates.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]In my book far too much wishy/washy, tippy tappy stuff that looks good but never pentrates.
    That's one of the main problems with the Racon/Semedo partnership I'd say. Both generally keep their passing short and tidy. Like I said fine for Colchester at home, not against teams like Stockport though. Semedo it's understandable, not really his job, Racon though it's one of his weaker areas that Shelvey is far better at. Bailey gives it a go but hasn't got the same accuracy and vision to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Jonjo will be featuring in a top 6 side in the best league in the world next season.

But Parky wouldn't play him in league one this season.

I've tried to be a fan of his, but for me that's a damning indictment of Parky's judgement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]So Jonjo will be featuring in a top 6 side in the best league in the world next season.

But Parky wouldn't play him in league one this season.

I've tried to be a fan of his, but for me that's a damning indictment of Parky's judgement.
    Said before Parky clearly rates him, it's not so much his judgement of his ability. He knows he's great going forward like we all do. I think it's more him being too cautious against weaker opposition about Shelvey's weaknesses. In both starting him against poorer sides and bringing him on too late in games.
  • Options
    They'll finish 7th
  • Options
    scoham mate leave it becoz you are off the mark mate.
  • Options
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/why-we-ve-signed-a-top-talent

We get about dont we

obviously sad to see him go but wish him all the best
    what does everybody think on the "strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][But if your going to be put into the football wilderness you may as well do it at liverpool than charlton.

Make you mind up Unc, I thought he was going to be playing 60 games for them next year? ;-)

Anyway, football wilderness is a bit of an exageration - he's featured in over half our games this season which is perfectly respectable for an 18 year old.

Yeah it maybe respectable if most of those games hadn't been at the start of the season, but it's been sort of a wilderness since
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Drives me mad. I dont see to too many of our midfielders able to switch play or control a game from the centre.
    Probably half the problem. He can switch play or pick a clever pass - unfortuantely the rest of our team are league 1 standard and are just not of the same mind set. I know it seems a bit backwards thinking but who knows?

What was Simonsen like when he joined us? Before my time but did he "fit" into the team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They'll finish 7th

Who Charlton? Dont be silly we have made the play offs ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]scoham mate leave it becoz you are off the mark mate.
    You leave it if you can't enlighten us! We may as well continue to speculate until we get told otherwise!
  • Options
    ok then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]scoham mate leave it becoz you are off the mark mate.
    You leave it if you can't enlighten us! We may as well continue to speculate until we get told otherwise!
    About Parky? Did he honestly not rate Shelvey, not even his passing, vision, finishing etc?

There are quotes from Parky calling Jonjo composed, a good finisher, a better player than Delph, and without looking several others. Is he just saying those things but doesn't believe them himself? Or does he just not like Jonjo as a person?

I just find it hard to believe Parky has doubts about Shelvey's attacking game, when it's clear to everyone he's very good going forward.
  • Options
    Simonsen was, erm, tippy tappy but also put his foot in and could really crack a ball...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    At least one things certain...I've got the second player in my fantasy team sorted for next season then (after Benty of course)! Should be able to pick him for next to nowt. Much like Liverpool have thanks to the way he's been managed this year it would appear...
  • Options
    I think we could really benefit from the link up with Liverpool. Ince would be a good signing if you can keep his Dad away from the place!
  • Options
    Still have no idea why a club like Liverpool don't have a youth set up better than ours.
  • Options
    I think we are lucky to get what we did for Shelvey,and cant believe Liverpool think he is good enough for the Premier League!
  • Options
    scoham he rates him which makes the reasoning even worse
  • Options
    all i can think of is the bowyer days but half the money and that he was the most expensive ever british teenager. how much for the best british teenager now then? obviously 1.7m according to management! i feel disappointed but accept that this was going to happen. the bank manager is probably already on the clubs back before the season has ended. the club said at the start of the season, promotion or not, there would be no money for players next season. worrying times. if portsmouth and palarse, watford, etc are 'struggling' we must be well and truely in the smelly stuff!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]I think we are lucky to get what we did for Shelvey,and cant believe Liverpool think he is good enough for the Premier League!

Yeah what an idiot that Dalglish is what does he know about football. Did you create your account just for that one very educated comment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: killer kish[/cite]I think we are lucky to get what we did for Shelvey,and cant believe Liverpool think he is good enough for the Premier League!

Yeah what an idiot that Dalglish is what does he know about football. Did you create your account just for that one very educated comment?

al do not bite mate it aint worth it, you know the talent that jonjo has i know it anyone who knows football knows it dont be reeled in by fooking ejits