Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

vs. Southampton, Post Match Comments & Views

WSSWSS
edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Just have to simply move onto the Colchester game now.

Didnt think we'd get anything but it does seem from commentary that we created a couple of chances and had a pen turned down. Would Jonjo from the start created a couple of extra chances? We'll never know. Sam again seemed ineffective, baffling that he is still our second highest creator of goals from what people see and think of him.

I'm sure they'll be 25 times more people slagging Parky/Sam and anyone else off than there was rejoicing in the past two wins. :-(

Roll on Tuesday.

Comments

• 10 corners and a proper go at the end with randolph going up for the last corners..

Sounds like the preformance was good again a strong southampton team...

Results gone against us except Huddersfield...

Roll on Colchester.....
  • edited April 2010
    Doesn't sound like we were humiliated today as some were expecting. In fact we had more shots on target according to the BBC and perhaps on another day could've come away with one, or even three, point/s.

You can't win them all.
  • Commentators say we gave a good performance. Will not fault Parky for his team selection or the players for the effort. Unlucky to lose 1 nil away to a team with a multimillion pound squad and who are likely to win this division next year. sounds like Bailey was our best player Parky was right to start him instead of Shelvey.
  • lost, despite 5 shots on target, more than saints.

jonjo should have started, Sam definitely should have come off half-time - he was totally useless

annoying, now 4 pts from automatic
  • a hatrick of headers saved from bailey.....

their keeper was by far the busiest.....
  • Shame about the result, but didn't expect to get anything as this was always one of the toughest games of the season.

Sounds like we played ok and were a little unfortunate on a couple of occasions, tbh so if performances are improving at this stage in the season that has to be a good thing assuming we make it into the play offs.

Interesting to see Colchester thrash Swindon, massive game now on Tueaday...if we can win (or at least avoid defeat) we should be fine for the play offs. If we lose it is going to make the last 4 games a very nervous affair (especially given Leeds & Norwich are two of them).
  • Seth here on his own sign in, it went funny again at the end when I was trying to update on PaddyP17's sign in (sorry our updates didn't help us get any points today).
    Anyway it looks certain that we will now be in the playoffs, we must beat Colchester of course, personally I think we have a better chance against Leeds than Millwall in the playoffs, but anyway not hopeful.
    never mind, lets have a cup of tea ...all my national horses were useless too, bleedin jockeys these days are too damn FAT !!!
  • edited April 2010
    One or two ridiculous statements that Parky bottled it because he played Bailey....WTF.....this is the bloke who brought three top class match winning saves out of Davis............Did anyone else?
    Lloyd Sam another disgraceful performance or so I'm led to believe, anyone got a different opinion?
  • Sounded as if Parky had set the team up differently and had a go earlier we might have got something....oh well move on.....
  • Sponsored links:

• i think were all ready for the play offs and have a decent chance,regarding sam he is what he is!!
  • edited April 2010
    the original streaker was there
  • Results went our way below us but not above today. It will now be a massive failure to finish below the playoffs and we're still have an unlikely chance of automatic.

An exciting finish to the season!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Commentators say we gave a good performance. Will not fault Parky for his team selection or the players for the effort. Unlucky to lose 1 nil away to a team with a multimillion pound squad and who are likely to win this division next year. sounds like Bailey was our best player Parky was right to start him instead of Shelvey.

How can you justify that he missed more chances than jonjo did in the last game when he got caned. If he had to play bailey then sam should have been dropped. He changed a winning team and lost therefore i will fault his team selection
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i think were all ready for the play offs and have a decent chance,regarding sam he is what he is!!

Err yeah...but what's that nolly?
  • I'm not going to get on Parky's back for this. I expected a two goal defeat, all the results to go against our hunt for automatic promotion, and I would've started the same team that started against Carlisle. Bailey had our best chances and seems to have been the best player, so I can't say for definite that starting Shelvey instead would've resulted in a better performance. Shelvey was in my mind the player to be dropped if anyone was to be dropped, so with Bailey coming in, that would've been my team. Still, as I said, I would've started the same team as against Carlisle. Reid and Forster don't seem capable of going the full distance, so there's only ever one 'free' substitution available to Parkinson, and he made it an attacking one.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Pardew's smug face tonight
  • we could be out the play offs by next saturday especially if we lose tuesday,considering it's Norwich after.We simple have to win Tuesday.
  • what u think he is mate....lol
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Commentators say we gave a good performance. Will not fault Parky for his team selection or the players for the effort. Unlucky to lose 1 nil away to a team with a multimillion pound squad and who are likely to win this division next year. sounds like Bailey was our best player Parky was right to start him instead of Shelvey.

How can you justify that he missed more chances than jonjo did in the last game when he got caned. If he had to play bailey then sam should have been dropped. He changed a winning team and lost therefore i will fault his team selection

Oh dear!!
    Their keeper had something of a blinder...it happens sometimes.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]One or two ridiculous statments that Parky bottled it because he played Bailey....WTF.....this is the bloke who brought three top class match winning saves out of Davis............Did anyone else?
    Lloyd Sam another disgraceful performance or so I'm led to believe, anyone got adifferent opinion?

Agree SoundAs. Seems Nicky just can't please some people no matter what he does!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    Boy.............. do we miss Burton by the way.
  • how about shelvey and bailey and drop sam?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]One or two ridiculous statments that Parky bottled it because he played Bailey....WTF.....this is the bloke who brought three top class match winning saves out of Davis............Did anyone else?
    Lloyd Sam another disgraceful performance or so I'm led to believe, anyone got adifferent opinion?

Maybe they should have been match winning goals. I'm sorry but jonjo got slaughtered for missing chanes on monday despite it being his first match in ages. Why is it different for bailey ?
  • all about results at this stage of the season....... so cannot afford to lose to colchester
    and while we have tightened up defensively recently 2 goals conceded in 4 games (mmmm i wonder why) the fact we have only score 3 goals in 4 games is the current reason why we wont make the automatics....
    i now see us as 1% automatics 89% playoffs and 10% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)
  • no where other people have there favourites soundas thinks the sun shines out of bailey's arris. I aint bovvered one way or the other just think Shelvey has to play end of.
  • Bailey is our captain and second top scorer. If he is fit, he should play in my opinion.

Should Sam have been dropped? Nope, against Carlisle him and Richardson were our biggest threat.
    Should Shelvey have been dropped? Nope, against Carlisle he had two great chances and can always create something.
    Should Reid have been dropped? In my opinion, if anyone had to make way it shouldve been Reid who didnt have a great game against Carlisle and never lasts the game anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how about shelvey and bailey and drop sam?

Exactly. Why does it have to be Bailey v Shelvey?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]One or two ridiculous statments that Parky bottled it because he played Bailey....WTF.....this is the bloke who brought three top class match winning saves out of Davis............Did anyone else?

Agree SoundAs. Seems Nicky just can't please some people no matter what he does!

And nor can Sam apparently.
  • Errrrrm the keeper made 3 blinding saves...a bit of a difference uncle...they wern't exactly misses as far as I understand.
    Jonjo was very unfortunate last week, another day and his two chances would have ended up in the net. So speaking for myself I never had a dig at Jonjo for one second.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]One or two ridiculous statments that Parky bottled it because he played Bailey....WTF.....this is the bloke who brought three top class match winning saves out of Davis............Did anyone else?

Maybe they should have been match winning goals. I'm sorry but jonjo got slaughtered for missing chanes on monday despite it being his first match in ages. Why is it different for bailey ?

Is he being 'slaughtered' by the same people who are praising Bailey, or different people?