Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Big Kent Derby: Charlton vs. Gillingham - Polls, Views, News

Comments

• Kent Derby

OhSouthLondon's head
  • We surely have the easiest game out of the top sides in the division. I feel this weekend is our last chance to make some ground up on Leeds. Hoping for a Millwall win after we beat Gillingham which could leave us just 2 points behind Leeds. Fail to win and we could end up 8 points adrift and it's the playoffs.

I'd go with 4-5-1 and if Kyel Reid and Burton are fully fit I'd like to see the following:

Elliot

Richardson Dailly Sodje Borrowdale

Wagstaff Racon Semedo Reid

Bailey

Burton
  • I wondered how long it would take to forget about the match and get back to the really important stuff , like where the precise boundaries lie between SE London and Kent!!!

As for Borrowdale, I though the name was a joke like 'A.N.Other' when I first saw that we had loaned yet another left-back.

As in : -

''Something old, something new,
    Something borrowdale, something blue...''

Does the poor chap know what he's let himself in for? Given our record with left-backs, you just hope he's got a decent insurance policy!

Oh yes, and I'm still backing us to win the KENT DERBY 2-0....
  • If we were still prem murray was looking at a move to kent wasn't he? New trainning ground at kings hill, with a ground around the m20 somewhere, henners knows more, so one day this could well be a kent derby.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]If we were still prem murray was looking at a move to kent wasn't he? New trainning ground at kings hill, with a ground around the m20 somewhere, henners knows more, so one day this could well be a kent derby.

Must have missed that board meeting. Training ground yes.
  • As happened post Northwich I expect a reaction.

Not that we will play that well or win 5 -1 as we did v MK Dons but we will do enough to get three points.

Hope Llera is dropped and Sodje comes in. I'll take a risk on him seeing red over seeing Miguel give away another goal.

Just hope we get back to 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 with Burton up top. Keep the ball, pass it and win the game. It will not alter the disgrace that was last week but we have ten games to salvage this season and this is a game that we can and should win.

2 - 0 or 2 - 1 to us in front of 27 kids and parents from Petts Wood Owls U11s who will be sitting in the East Stand Block H
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite] Hoping for a Millwall win

ADMIN!! BAN THIS IMPOSTER IMMEDIATELY!!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedRobin-son[/cite]The reason we have so many fans in and around Maidstone/Gillingham area is because people couldn't afford to buy a house in London and moved there.
    I lived in Sidcup when I was younger and thought of that as Kent not London.

Sidcup is Kent, if you were putting Sidcup, London down as your address I am surprised you got any mail ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    East - Yes i know that, but people round the Maidstone area think of Sidcup as being more London, than Kent.
  • CAFC 3-1 Gillingham
    (A.Sodje) (Jackson)
    (S.Sodje)
    (Bailey)

GK - Elliot
    -------------------
    DR - Richardson
    DL - Borrowdale
    DC - Dailly
    DC - S.Sodje
    ------------------
    MR - Sam
    ML - Reid
    MC - Semedo
    MC - Bailey
    -----------------
    FC - Burton
    FC - A.Sodje
    ------------------
    Subs:
    S1 - Randolph
    S2 - Solly
    S3 - Llera
    S4 - Racon
    S5 - Shelvey
    S6 - Wagstaff
    S7 - Mooney
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton 2 - Gills 1
    goals from Bailey '18, '79
    START : Elliot, Solly, Sodje, Dailly, Borrowdale, Wagstaff, Semedo, Bailey, Spring, Shelvey, Burton
    SUBS: Randolph, Richardson, Llera, Sam, Racon, Mooney, A. Sodje
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Hoping for a Millwall win

ADMIN!! BAN THIS IMPOSTER IMMEDIATELY!!

haha only because it will mean we'll be 2 points behind Leeds if we beat Gillingham! First and last time I promise!
  • For once I'd really like to see us take the game by the scuff of the neck and dominate, but I question whether our boys have the bottle.
    Did we really have no efforts on target last week?

I have been ground down into total pessimism.
    1-3
    Burton (pen)
    jackson 2, agent borrowdale o.g
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]For once I'd really like to see us take the game by the scuff of the neck and dominate, but I question whether our boys have the bottle.

When was the last time we took a game and dominated it? Probably way before Christmas

Jackson is touch and go for tomorrow according to:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2010/march/19/simeon_jackson_a_doubt.aspx
  • Sidcup is in Greater London, Charlton is in London.
  • edited March 2010
    Don't believe we'll play with one striker against the Gills so my 442 formation is.

---------------------elliot
    Richardson Semedo Llera Jackson/Youga.
    Sam---------Bailey---Shelvey-------Reid
    ---------------Sodje---Burton------------

The two in midfield could be great together if Bailey plays a largely holding role and Shelvey plays simple quick passes. Problem is both have had delusions of grandeur this season to the detriment of the team.
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Problem is both have had delusions of grandeur this season to the detriment of the team.
    Eh?
  • Jackson has gone back, Youga isn't fit, Borrowdale has signed on loan Santa. I think Semedo is a shoe-in in midfield so the only way Jonjo will play as behind a lone striker which has to be Burton. Waggy deserves a start in my opinion so :

Elliott
    Richardson Dailly Llera Borrowdale
    Waggy Semedo Bailey Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Problem is both have had delusions of grandeur this season to the detriment of the team.
    Eh?
    The "Hollywood" passes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a ticket!!! Thanks to a family member, so will see most of you in the lib before kickoff, will be on my jacks so keep an eye out for us mog and bren.

Up the addicks!!
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Problem is both have had delusions of grandeur this season to the detriment of the team.
    Eh?
    The "Hollywood" passes?

Exactly Scoham, sorry for not being clear.

Bailey thinks he can run the midfield which considering his passing ability is delusional, JonJo can easily pull the strings but seems to want to play killer balls too often when what we need most of the time is quick passes to unlock a crowded midfield or play a winger into space.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Jackson has gone back, Youga isn't fit, Borrowdale has signed on loan Santa.

Thanks for the update Large
  • BBC says Reid is unlikely to play - hamstring injury
  • Bailey on the left then, racon and semedo centre sam or waggy on the right.. simples..
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]

Exactly Scoham, sorry for not being clear.

Bailey thinks he can run the midfield which considering his passing ability is delusional, JonJo can easily pull the strings but seems to want to play killer balls too often when what we need most of the time is quick passes to unlock a crowded midfield or play a winger into space.
    Bailey yes I think he's trying to run the midfield, but that's mainly because we're not playing well and other midfielders aren't doing enough (Racon and Sam in particular recently).

Jonjo when he actually gets a game is probably desperate to do well and like Bailey probably just trying too hard. Last season I thought his decision making was very good, this season it seems to be a bit off, even when he's having a good game. Both probably just need to relax and other players need to find their form again.
  • Elliot

Richardson Daily Sodje Youga

Racon Baily Somedo

Reid Burton Sodje

I'm sorry WIWALB but the way you have set this team out looks really unbalanced and and very weak in the mid-field. You have Reid as a right sided forward when his best position is left mid. You then say he can cover both wings wich is ridiculous would it not be better to set up with two wingers. I stand by what i said, its unbalanced and would get completely overrun in the middle.
  • This is the last of two home games I've got before I go to Aus so I'm expecting a win! Prediction 2-1 Addicks. C'mon you reds!
  • Gillingham are awful, our team have something to prove, we will brush them aside 4-0 and move to within 3 points of leeds when they only draw.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Gillingham are awful, our team have something to prove, we will brush them aside 4-0 and move to within 3 points of leeds when they only draw.

Can I have some of what you're on please! ;-)