Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Big Kent Derby: Charlton vs. Gillingham - Polls, Views, News

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I'd rather Tamer Tuna came back instead of Akpo Sodje.

Akpo looks awful at times but has still managed 5 goals.

That is positively prolific by our standards when you look at starts and sub appearances.
  • If we play 451 with Burton and Shelvey up front and Sodje in for Llera then i think we'll win 2 or 3-1. If we play 442 with Mooney, Akpo and Llera then there's every chance the Gills will nick a 1-0 win.

Len - i think McKenzie is out injured for 2-3 weeks.
  • @BigRedEvil

Lol yes I see us winning, drawing or losing but only in certain ways, think if we win it will be a heavy win so I'll say 4-0, think a draw will be nicked by one of the sides in the last minute, I'll say 2-2 and if we lose think it will just be by 1 goal so lets say 0-1.
  • Elliot

Richardson Sodje Daily Youga

Sam Shelvey Semedo Spring Reid

Burton
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I'd rather Tamer Tuna came back instead of Akpo Sodje.

Agree with that.

"Kent Derby" - lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Elliot

Richardson Sodje Daily Youga

Sam Shelvey Semedo Spring Reid

Burton

You'd rather play Matt Spring than Bailey?!!
  • edited March 2010
    I knew I was foregetting someone when I was left with Spring haha no Bailey in for him
  • I think we'll score a goal for everything WSS mentioned Kent in the preview and Gills will get one for every time he mentioned London.
  • Looking forward to Saturday defeat is not an option. If we cannot beat a team with such a lamentable away record we deserve to stay in league One next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]So glad Wheiwasalittleboy isn't picking the team. That is so unbalanced and has defeat written all over it IMO
    Hardly unbalanced, three in the middle in which will enable either Bailey or Racon to break into the box with Somedo sitting, and giving Reid the licence to roam onto both wings, i think we need to mix it up a bit and do something different, and football is all about opinions
  • edited March 2010
    Having got the scoreline right last week with a 4-0 prediction (no, I DID predict a 4-0 win for us!) I think this weeks match will result in a 3-0 win for Gillingham. Let's hope I'm as successful as last week!

I don't care what formation we play.

I don't care who plays in what position.

I just want the team to play with the style and confidence I've seen in other matches earlier in the season.

Not too much to ask, is it?
  • Had 30 quid this morning, 17 on ticket and rest on a few in the lib, mrs tells me car is out of petrol needs a tenner to last till Monday when I get paid, oh and adam jnr lost one of his shoes yesterday so can I nip to asda to pick him up a cheap pair to last till we can go to clarkes.. cool still just got enough left... get in my car petrol light on!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 27 quid gone in an hour...

So emma jones for me this Saturday once again...

4 4 1 1

Elliot
    Richardson
    Borrowdale
    Dailly
    Semedo
    Sam
    Reid
    Bailey
    Racon
    Shelvey
    Burton or akpo

Need to bounce back no excuses, if they havnt learnt anything from last weekend were in trouble, I refuse to belive they can be that inept again, we do have a record of going on a good run after a caining ala colchester so hopefully 3 or 4 to the addicks 1 to the gills.

Come on you reds!!!!
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    Took you longer than I thought it would.

Nice one calling your fellow fans ***ts though.
  • ok wind ups and sarcasm are still allowed then !!

what a tough fixture this is, a point will get us going again on an unbeaten run in this really thrilling league we find ourselves fortunate enough to be in , stay positive blah blah blah
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Big kent derby?

Oh god.
    you absolute retard.

PH01935J.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Come on.
    London or kent?
    Theres no competition.
    Why not both?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Big kent derby?

Oh god.
    you absolute retard.

reeled you in.

how you can compare london v kent? Two completely different places and both have great points and bad points. But if you think the whole of kent is chavvy then you are a bit of wotsit yourself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

how you can compare london v kent?

More importantly why would you want to?...if you support charlton then it shouldnt matter where your from. I get my suspicions that OSL is a WUM anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: ADMIN[/cite] 3. Politeness to other users

We are never all going to agree. Look around you at a game and you will see the people sitting around you will be very different, and that will be reflected on here. Just because someone has the opposite view to you, it does not make them worthy of an insult. By all means disagree, but don't make it personal or aggressive. If someone in particular winds you up, then ignore them, simple as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• what a horrible word that r..... is.
  • Charlton win...
  • edited March 2010
    Can't we aspire to be the biggest club in South London AND Kent?
    We can't be far off that particular label anyway.
    My home is Greenwich but I'm no more or less of a supporter than someone who lives in Maidstone.
    My only difference is I don't have any personal feelings for or against Gillingham. They are just another 3rd rate club we find ourselves playing nowadays.
    Gillingham are annoyed because we have so many of our fans in 'their' area but that's their problem not ours.
  • Well I hope we switch to:

Elliott
    Richardson---Dailly --- Llera --- Borrowdale
    Semedo
    Sam
    Bailey
    Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton

Subs:
    Randolph
    Solly
    Youga
    Racon
    Wagstaff
    McBean (if we sign him we need something fresh)
    Sodje. A

Sam Sodje will get himself sent off if he starts!
    Mooney looks worse the more he plays?
  • missing the point a tad,charlton fans are everywhere and are all equal in my eyes,but we are a london club with a history,its sad that we have come to this that we have our official website calling it a kent derby.
  • london club, with kent fans aswell :o)
  • The reason we have so many fans in and around Maidstone/Gillingham area is because people couldn't afford to buy a house in London and moved there.
    I lived in Sidcup when I was younger and thought of that as Kent not London.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedRobin-son[/cite]The reason we have so many fans in and around Maidstone/Gillingham area is because people couldn't afford to buy a house in London and moved there.
    I lived in Sidcup when I was younger and thought of that as Kent not London.

Spot on.
  • Thanks Len, we have continued to support Charlton even though Gillingham is closer, because it is in our roots.
  • We don't have to explain it AGAIN do we?

Charlton is in London. And Kent.

They are not mutually exclusive.