Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton Post Match Views

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Views here please.

Comments

• Never mind, it´s lovely and sunny out here in Gran Canaria....
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Views here please.
    Oh dear this should be fun
  • We werent beaten by a better side. We were beaten by team who wanted it more. I have NEVER heard that place so quiet as i did before Ward headed that easy header. They were there for the taking & we didnt arrive for the party. Left early, had a row to get out, had some scum try & take the piss (not a chance). Now all that will mend me is a hug from hubby! Nearly home.
  • Never been so glad to miss a game through working. Said before the game that we have no character in this team. NUMBER THREE IN SOUTH LONDON. Sounds good doesn't it
  • Lost for words
  • Shit.
    Parky's a prick
    the players are all pricks (yes every fucking one of them)
    We don't deserve this shit.
    But on the plus side, I'm still 10000% glad i'm not a millwall fan. What a bunch of inbred chavvy pikeys they are.
  • and next week we entertain our inbred pikey friends from deepest Kent. First person to spot one trying to smuggle a caravan through through turnstiles gets a signed photo of John Terry's mother.
  • *the turnstiles*
  • Just got home after jumping a couple of fences...

Crap game, two crap teams, just one that wanted it more.

Rubbish. We'll play them in the playoffs for sure.
  • Not sure what to say as still in post match angry mode other than at 30 mins i was fairly confident, The Den was about as intimidating as Walsall and we were knocking it about nicely.

Wasnt a corner for the first goal but no excuses, Millwall worthy winners.

Fun and games getting out the ground, now sat with a can of lager on a train with a load of gutted West Ham.

I can see us finishing 5th, Millwall 4th and having to do all that again.

Cant believe Reading havent recalled Mooney, thought he was outstanding today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Humiliating.

Our fans were great though.

My mate is a season ticket holder at millwall and said their support was embarrassing today.
  • Wondered what Parky did all week today

Bailey on the left to protect Solly, fair enough, but playing Reid on the right meaning he has to cut in WAS NEVER going to work, might as well of started Sam! Though why Parky has recently decided to keep them swapping wings on their weaker foot I don't know.

Also Akpo/Mooney, it didn't work vs Southend, it didn't work vs Stockport and it took him until 70 minutes today to see it didn't work today.

Sodje didn't win a ball in the air, he is hopeless in the air despite being tall. I have no idea what Mooney is meant to be doing in the team.

I'd personally put Burton up top, Shelvey behind him and play Reid/Sam on the wings...
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just got home after jumping a couple of fences...

Crap game, two crap teams, just one that wanted it more.

Rubbish. We'll play them in the playoffs for sure.

Well I blame you, WSS. Didnt you tell us on Friday that you had a dream that Dailly was going to score?

The funny thing is, I actually started typing a reply saying ''Yes, but at which end?''. I then deleted it before sending it on the grounds that it was silly!

I agree with Windscreen. I now want Millwall to win all their remaining games and go up automatically. We'll have a much batter chance in the play-offs against Leeds, who have now won only 3 of their last 13...
  • Can't blame the atmosphere or 'occasion' having got to the players, because as others have said it was strangely subdued.

Felt sorry for Dailly as I thought he's been one of our most solid players, but he had a shocker today even before the own goal.
    And the less said about the front two the better - what Mooney has to do (or not do) to get dropped is beyond me, and Akpo was anything but a big target man.

That we're still where we are in the table is a miracle given how poor we can be at times.

The highlight - the 'dancing horses' in the goalmouth after the final whistle.
  • I tell you what, i'm f*cking annoyed with THAT against THEM bit thinking about it, other than being a game down, we are no worse off than we were at 2.59 today.

One more slip on from Leeds and it's back in our own hands.

Don't get me wrong, i'm so so angry with every single one of them and Parky. I've got a cut up hand from jumping the fence and a headache form too much beer, but I don't give a f**k - i'm keeping a tight grip on my RTS for now.

Hope the players realise how much they have pissed off so many people for the rest of the weekend.

Now go out and make it up to us for the rest of the season. (I'm not holding out too much hope).
  • Have to agree with BREs team. We don't have two CMs that can form a solid partnership both defensive and going forward, despite the strengths they have. Don't really want to drop Akpo when he's scoring but you can win games in midfield and we only get the best out of them in 5 man midfield.
  • on train home. what did he say to them at half time? den atmosphere was nothing like i expected was silent. just about to climb out when ob turned up. kb'slittlesis climbed over in front of me i think. mates got a good vid of events afterwards for those that werent there. just going to get even more smashed now. pissed off. jills havent won away all season, you know whats guna happen
  • edited March 2010
    If they could not get passionate about today what can they get passionate about. I thought with 5 mins to go till 1/2 time we would go on to win we had shut them up and controlled the game, then came Darren Ward unmarked ffs and we capitulated!!

I thought that Solly was ok and my motm, even though he got skinned for the 2nd

WSS If Leeds slip we need to take advantage of it and I am not sure we are capable of doing it
  • What happened after ?
  • penned in for 45 mins. volleyball with ob helmets
  • Sponsored links:

• Am so f**king angry and disappointed. If the players can't get themselves up for a game that means so much to the fans, with the slim chance of still grabbing the other automatic promotion place, they should all be ashamed of themselves. But I doubt they will.

Don't fancy our chances in the playoffs.
  • Jesus H Corbett. Judging by our performances at home it was only a matter of time before we got spanked by someone half decent. The "it's only one game" excuse is complete crap. We were 2-0 up last week after 10 minutes and we switched off and if Stockports Ibehre had had his shooting boots on they could have easily drawn the game. We are going to snatch mid table mediocrity from the jaws of a play off spot that could have been an automatic promotion if our players don't stand up and grow a pair. Some immense performances required till the end of the season and I just can't see any of them coming up with the goods consistently.

P.S Please, please please, please, please, please, please can someone keep the stick insect off the pitch. Someone mentioned he looks like Chris Sutton. And thats where the similarity ends..........
  • No backbone, no bottle, fell apart ... well done to the 3k Charlton ... we kept Millwall almost totally silent in the first half.

As for the team and the manager ... pathetic 2nd half ... proud of the fans, ashamed of the team.
  • absolute shite all round, thought Semedo and Racon actually did o.k in the middle for the first 40 mins....Llera was having an absolute mare at the back and as for Mooney, dunno what someone has to do to be dropped.

Then the first goal ?!?! WTF, even my Sunday side put a man on each post at a corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

after that, just crap, left when the 2nd went in and then stood outside for almost an hour.

Great performance from our fans, they were silent until they scored.

I said before the game I wondered if the players would 'turn up'..........I was right, they didn't.
  • Wooooah the okey kokey
  • Not even angry, just humiliated.

Feel 10 times better now parky has apologised though.....

But in fairness, a manager shouldn't need to motivate players in games like today.

Completely gutless. And the waorst thing about the whole lot, utterly predictable.

Can't remember feeling so low
  • I'm also bit drunk, sitting on my own and a kebab shop, and trying to tell myself that no one has died, its only football.

But its not working
  • Would like to give a considered opinion, but too p***d and still ranting. To cap it all off, my local club had a go at me for going there in colours. The 'It's only football' idea ain't working for me either.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm also bit drunk, sitting on my own and a kebab shop, and trying to tell myself that no one has died, its only football.

But its not working

Chilli sauce sir?
  • but the thing is with no satisfaction a few of us said it would happen but the rose tinted said it wouldn't.Well you lot know feck all.