Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Easy Easy.... Adam Balls (CAFC Supporter) took 2 important wickets.
  • Paul from Sydenham.....who ever He is........
  • seems incredible that this team can be skittled out for 72 one day, then win with ease by 8 wickets the next, even if praps ( curbism ) hants are a far better team than essex?
  • Went down to Canterbury today to see the mighty Kent! ;)

Really good day, thought Essex's total might have been enough, but credit to Key and Mahmood, very disciplined innings from the pair. Stevens did a great run-out, Ball took a couple of vital wickets....overall it was a great day!  

Guess that's you then , MOG.

Are you famous ?

Are you famous ?

I think it should be (In)famous....... ;-)
  • seems incredible that this team can be skittled out for 72 one day, then win with ease by 8 wickets the next, even if praps ( curbism ) hants are a far better team than essex?

Think you need to look at the quality of the opposition, sillav.

Hants are currently la creme de la creme of 20/20 cricket & are rarely putting a foot wrong at present.

Also the fact that they prepare the wicket to suit their spinners who form the bulk of their attack ....

whereas the "bulk" of our attack has been poor on the whole until last night's great innings of 75.

Are you famous ?

I think it should be (In)famous....... ;-)
    Curiouser & curiouser !

Think you need to look at the quality of the opposition, sillav.

Hants are currently la creme de la creme of 20/20 cricket & are rarely putting a foot wrong at present.

Also the fact that they prepare the wicket to suit their spinners who form the bulk of their attack ....

whereas the "bulk" of our attack has been poor on the whole until last night's great innings of 75.

that's true fanny, i've just looked at the table and they are indeed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Another win thanks to Jones & Young Sam after a dodgy period of batting . We really seem to be missing Van the Man ...

But heyho , it was a great afternoon in the sun .

Anyone coming to the match on Friday v Sussex Sharks ? I'll be there again, with Don this time. .

• Kent v Sussex on Sky, Friday @7pm.
  • Kent are getting stuffed by Surrey in the 4 day match:-(

Surrey 1st innings 387 Kent 1st innings 112-6

•  

Kent v Sussex on Sky, Friday @7pm.
    Well beaten again. Who has the worse record on TV - Kent or Charlton?
  • Slight recovery!

Kent 225-6 Blake81* Jones61* 13 needed to avoid the follow on

• 250 all out

Blake run out for 96.

• Surrey 138/7, but a lead of 275.
  • Surrey 184/all out

Kent 66/2 needing another 256 to win.

• 129/2 - 193 to win

I reckon all out for 218

• It's not over until the fat boy is out.

Rob Key on 110 no, Kent 194/4 - nbut still need 128 runs.

• Sponsored links:

• so what's our problem this year?

i didn't think, after relegation we would struggle so much, particularly as we won this division pretty comfortably year before last? same batsmen as then but i don't know about the bowlers. a lot of new faces, have they come up from the second string and are not good enough?
  • so what's our problem this year?

i didn't think, after relegation we would struggle so much, particularly as we won this division pretty comfortably year before last? same batsmen as then but i don't know about the bowlers. a lot of new faces, have they come up from the second string and are not good enough?

Mostly yes.

There's little or no depth in the bowling, once the first team starters get injured Kent have been down to playing youth teamers and bowlers blagged from other teams. That and Key/Denly haven't set totals when opening. Stevens has had a poor season too - one hundred accounts for 25% of his runs and MvJ has had some injuries.

Apart from that things are going well...

• another 77 with only 3 wkts left. what's the odds on us winning?
  • 265-8 Key still there and 57 needed
  • 270-8 at the close
  • edited July 2011

Surrey V Kent T20 this Thursday at The Oval 18.30 start. I've got my ticket. £25 on the day £20 in advance or £16 in advance if you use the S/T offer for 20% reduction. The promotion code is "Lions".

http://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/county-tickets/special-deals-for-season-ticket-holders,2447,BP.html

• 293-8

Key 159* 29 needed

Can they?

• 297-9

Key gone for 162

All over :-(