Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• yes mate perch up early and sit where you like, 4 of us are taking the kids,plan to start queuing at 12.30 for gates opening at 1. Then front row seats but with the bar straight behind us.Getting rat arsed in the sun. One word of caution as it's shepherd neame the only lager is oranjeboom.So it's the strongbow for me. Doing Canterbury for the 40 over game in August.

I thought Hurliman was the lager served in Shepherd Neame pubs?
  • nope after a few visits to see kent it's definately oranjeboom if it was hooligans I would definately partake
  • yes mate perch up early and sit where you like, 4 of us are taking the kids,plan to start queuing at 12.30 for gates opening at 1. Then front row seats but with the bar straight behind us.Getting rat arsed in the sun. One word of caution as it's shepherd neame the only lager is oranjeboom.So it's the strongbow for me. Doing Canterbury for the 40 over game in August.
    Queuing? Jeez, is it likely to be a full house then?

I was kinda planning on pitching up with around half an hour to go having come from a local juicer. Might have to get there a bit earlier then.
  • not a problem mate but it will be busy and as we are taking the kids its easier perch up and get good seats for them, it will be standing room only with 30 mins to go. I love sitting in the sun and getting rat arsed.
  • I just like getting rat arsed. Standing. Sitting. Lager. Bitter. Cider. None of that matters.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm cutting off my nose and refusing to pay £18 to watch this Kent side.
    Anyhow, you're sure to have an enjoyable afternoon in the sun, unless they run out of beer before the game as happened a few years back!
  • I'm cutting off my nose and refusing to pay £18 to watch this Kent side.
    Anyhow, you're sure to have an enjoyable afternoon in the sun, unless they run out of beer before the game as happened a few years back!
    Oh hang on - you're winding me up aren't you? That's the only reason I'm going. Don't want to pay £22 to get in only to have to leave before the first ball is bowled to go back to the pub!

• I'm cutting off my nose and refusing to pay £18 to watch this Kent side.
    Oh hang on - you're winding me up aren't you? That's the only reason I'm going. Don't want to pay £22 to get in only to have to leave before the first ball is bowled to go back to the pub!

Must have been 3 or 4 years back. It was the midweek evening game and the hottest day of the year. Full house & they managed to run out of beer before a ball had been bowled!
    People had to run down to Waitrose and bring back slabs of lager.
    Kent got so much shit over it, I doubt they will allow it to happen again!
  • Cheers. Might take an emergency stash with me then - I'll hide it in my belly before I go in!
  • Lol, Off_it !!

Will keep my eyes peeled for a huge, wobbly belly making loud sloshing noises !  

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2011
  • Will be there tomorrow as well. Looking forward to it.
  • Weather abit grey & cloudy in SE26....Will update in an Hour.
  • Blimey...Blue Skies in Sunny Sydenham.
    Looking good.
  • No clouds at-all, just miles of blue sky !
  • I'm looking forward to this. It's my first cricket match. Couldn't have picked a better day for it.
  • If anyone wants to say Hello/Avoid Me I'll be wearing this 15 year Kent shirt......
    002.JPG 836.5K
  • The Sky amile from Beckenham....
    003.JPG 900.3K
    004.JPG 681.5K
  • Don't forget your Factor 30 , lads & lasses.

Come on you Spitfires !!!!!

• edited June 2011
    I'm in Gambado's, across the road from the ground as we speak and am really tempted to pop across as it's a glorious day but have to go out this afternoon unfortunately. We really should organise a CL cricket day at Beckenham watching the Spitfires.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd assumed you were a bit old for Gambado's mart77.
  • With the reduction of 20/20 games next year today may be our last chance:

Slurrey V Kent on Thursday 14th July, 7pm, T20 anyone ?
  • Really looking forward to this now - what a beautiful day.

Will keep an eye out for you MoG. By the way, what's your name? Doesn't feel right going up to someone and asking them if they're Miserable Old Git!
  • It really is MOG: ask anyone who knows Me !

(Its Paul,and Sandra is "Mrs MOG". Probably be sitting by the Bar: As you go into the ground, turn Right, walk past the "hospitality tents" and around "Fine Leg" position is where we'll be).
  • And don't forget to wear your CL badge, and the "secret" handshake.....I've said too much !
  • I'd assumed you were a bit old for Gambado's mart77.

You can't beat a good trip down the slide to blow away the cobwebs ;0)
  • Print off your own ticket £18. Pay at the gate £22.
  • Bloody hot here. The beer is helping though - a bit.
  • Might go and dump at "the Crystal Palace End" in a minute.
  • Surrey 38/3 off 5.1 overs.

Are you Palace in disguise?