Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• WE ARE KENT
  • We're on a roll now.   Though the fielding was shocking!

• Fielding was very poor at home 2 sussex
    Stevo is class at least we are thro
  • Riaz is a liability and tonight, he will cost us, Napier will muller him.
    Depends which Riaz turns up. The one that bowlls short hit me balls or the one that bowls fast leg stump yorkers.
    Why can't he pitch the XXXXXX ball up?

Unless the pitch is green or the ball is swinging you don't pitch the ball up in T20. Back of a length is about right.

Sorry but against Surrey he bowled 3 overs "back of a length" and went for 46. Last over he bowled effectively 6 yorkers and took 3 wickets for one run. And the pitch wasn't green and the ball wasn't swinging but he was simply too quick. There is also a difference between "back of a length" and rank short pitched hit me balls.

On another note it is a shame that Ball is with the England U19s because he is probably as good a bat as Blake at T20 and would give us that sixth front line bowling option in the event that Riaz (or any of the other five bowlers) aren't firing.
  • Interesting how the Styris catch has not become a major controversy. Stevens's innings was probably the decider in this match and due to a dreadful umpiring decision, Kent, not Essex go through to the 1/4 finals and will earn the start of what could be a considerable amount of money and prestige. Leicestershire are probably the weakest of the northern teams.

There was no blood spitting conference featuring Gooch and Grayson demanding a replay or the execution by stoning of the TV replay umpire who gave a totally numpty decision in Kent's favour. Just an acceptance that 'these things happen'.

I am a Kent fan but even so I have a bitter taste in my mouth at this 'victory' and feel a lot of sympathy for Essex. Replays are there to make life easier for match officials. In this case if there had not been a replay facility, the on-field umpires would have given Stevens out and the match result may well have been different.

Anyway, as it stands, I now hope that Kent ride their luck and win the thing

• Don't worry Lincs, the incident takes nothing away from Kents victory. It has nothing to do with Kent, Essex or the umpires - on and off-field. It is the fault of the authorities for using "technology". In incidents like that TV is NEVER 100% conclusive. You'd need 3D evidence to make it clearer.

Do away with all TV replays/referals etc. Give the game back to the umpires, the players and let the true spirit of cricket return. If a player says he caught it cleanly, that should be enough.

Any Essex or indeed any batsman would have done exactly the same.

I hate off-field decisions and hope football does not go down the same road.

Bring on the 1/4's and I'd love us to go to finals day again. I'd definately go. The new Edgbaston is looking good.

• Quarter-final draw Hampshire v Durham Sussex v Lancashire Nottinghamshire v
    Somerset Leicestershire v Kent Ties by be played August 6, 7, 8

• Don't worry Lincs, the incident takes nothing away from Kents victory. It has nothing to do with Kent, Essex or the umpires - on and off-field. It is the fault of the authorities for using "technology". In incidents like that TV is NEVER 100% conclusive. You'd need 3D evidence to make it clearer.

Do away with all TV replays/referals etc. Give the game back to the umpires, the players and let the true spirit of cricket return. If a player says he caught it cleanly, that should be enough.

Any Essex or indeed any batsman would have done exactly the same.

I hate off-field decisions and hope football does not go down the same road.

Bring on the 1/4's and I'd love us to go to finals day again. I'd definately go. The new Edgbaston is looking good.

I think there is a place for off field decisions in (eg) Tennis and especially Rugby. I agree that in cricket the on field umpires word should be law and the same for football, goal line so called technology would bring as many problems as it 'cured'.
  • Quarter-final draw Hampshire v Durham Sussex v Lancashire Nottinghamshire v Somerset Leicestershire v Kent Ties by be played August 6, 7, 8

some good games there.i hope to get along to grace road for the kent game
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2011/content/story/523406.html?CMP=chrome

That James Taylor is quite a player .. made a few good records too, You Got a Friend and Mockingbird with the delightrful Carly Simon.

Kent are a lot stronger all round than Warwicks and we have the bonus that no top players are in the international sides, although how on earth a Patel, Woakes or Luke Wright come to be selected above Darren Stevens is quite a mystery best known to the selection so called panel , i.e. Flower and Strauss

• Yay !!
    Won 4 tickets for KCCC v Holland (can't spell Netherlands) on Sunday August 14th at Canterbury.
    Had to Guess, before start, how many 4's & 6's We'd score last night.
    Answer: 16/6.
  • Yay !!
    Won 4 tickets for KCCC v Holland (can't spell Netherlands) on Sunday August 14th at Canterbury.

Had to Guess, before start, how many 4's & 6's We'd score last night.

Answer: 16/6.
    enjoy the match. How long before Canterbury ceases to be a building site and is returned to its spectacular former glory
  • See u there mog
  • edited July 2011
    You got tickets already NSS ?
    Got 2 spare "Freebies" (You can buy Me apint) if You want them ?
  • so does this win make up for the 3 day defeat? personally for me not. I really found it gut wrenching when we only needed 22 runs to win with over a day to get them. yes I know it was tailenders but with all that time surely something better could be expected. I mean as soon as key was out did the last pair say "ah sod it, we can't be bothered"?%~{>

This is a decent site for following Kent when you can't go yourself....

http://wearekent.org.uk/index.php

thanks len. does this site have a clique I can join?%~{>
  • See u there mog
    Sent You a "whisper".
    2 tickets are yours.
  • Sponsored links:

• has denly bowled as much as this before?
  • Kent need 118 off 107 with 8 wickets remaining....
  • Kent 1st innings 63-6 ! :-(
  • 205 all out.
  • Kent are getting stuffed out of sight:-(

Gloucestershire 327-5 in reply to our 205 all out.

Extras in this innings (thanks largely to Rob Joseph the no-ball king) are higher than the batting average of any Kent batsman in the county championship this season!

• #kentcricket Double spin with Denly & Tredwell on as Kent still try for more wickets. Glos 433-6 though, now 228 ahead.
  • Christ Kent are hooeless. may just as well pack their bags and go home now?