Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• All out 300

• so near yet so far. keys magnificent innings scuppered by players who couldn't muster a few runs and scored bloody 0.
  • slurrey v KCCC Thursday,
    essex v KCCC Friday.

Both Live on Sky.

• Darren Stevens 43 off 19, but out:
    Leading run scorer in English T20, 1096 runs.

149-4 off 14.4.....
  • nice to see kent hammering the old foe .. full house, sunny weather .. oh to be in Kennington now that summer's here
  • 165-6 off 18 overs....
  • 179-7  (19.2).
  • gonna be A TIGHT ONE .. as the actress said to the bishop
  • 181/9 off 20.
  • mmm, Surrey look to be favourites here 87/1 off 8 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• surrey need 76 from 47 balls .. 106/3 are Surrey

• Darren Stevens!!
  • Come on you spitfires
  • Darren Stevens!!

what a game he's having, years ago when he was at leic he was called the right handed Gower, older he gets, the better he gets

• Kent should walk it now .. just Essex to beat and the 1/4 finals beckon
  • phewwwww... good close game .. world record for 20/20 .. 6 run outs in the game .. BUT who cares?
  • Kept me on the edge of my seat ! Great game and Azah my MOTM .

Should be in Italy by the time the Essex game starts tomorrow . Just hoping the hotel has Sky Sports !

• Great result and if we produce the same tomorrow my 33/1 will almost look value!

We are clearly in a transitional period and the next area that will need to be addressed is the W/K position.Geraint Jones is so inconsistent now. One minute he's taken a blinding one handed catch, the next he's allowing the ball through his legs or dropping a dolly. Billings has been playing as a batsman but perhaps we need to look to giving him a go with the gloves before the season is out.
  • so does this win make up for the 3 day defeat?

personally for me not. I really found it gut wrenching when we only needed 22 runs to win with over a day to get them. yes I know it was tailenders but with all that time surely something better could be expected. I mean as soon as key was out did the last pair say "ah sod it, we can't be bothered"?%~{>
  • so does this win make up for the 3 day defeat? personally for me not. I really found it gut wrenching when we only needed 22 runs to win with over a day to get them. yes I know it was tailenders but with all that time surely something better could be expected. I mean as soon as key was out did the last pair say "ah sod it, we can't be bothered"?%~{>

This is a decent site for following Kent when you can't go yourself....

http://wearekent.org.uk/index.php

• Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed it last night, best T20 game I've been to. Plenty of 6's and Stevens was superb. Thought Kent were going to blow it a few overs from the end, when they started to short pitch & were getting hammered. Thankfully, they pitched it up at the end & the wickets tumbled.

I can't understand why we see so much short pitch bowling in one day games. England are often guilty of this, particularly Broad. I know you need a bit of variation, but generally, aim at the stumps and keep it pitched up.

• Had a little bet with my mate re the attendance last night (Surrey v Kent).

How do you find out (without say phoning them, which I obviously wouldn't do) ?

• Sky+ it and count ?
  • Riaz is a liability and tonight, he will cost us, Napier will muller him.
  • Starts 7pm on SS1 tonight.
  • Not an exact figure but says a crowd of 15,000 on Cricinfo.
  • Riaz is a liability and tonight, he will cost us, Napier will muller him.
    Depends which Riaz turns up. The one that bowlls short hit me balls or the one that bowls fast leg stump yorkers.
  • Had a little bet with my mate re the attendance last night (Surrey v Kent).

How do you find out (without say phoning them, which I obviously wouldn't do) ?

It sounded like quite a few Kent fans there last night.  Is that how it seemed?

Does 'travelling support' actually exist in cricket?

• There were indeed a few Kent fans there, given its not difficult o get to, and quite an important game given the tabel at the mo.

However most fans were pished fans ....

Been to 3 Surrey T20 Games at the Oval this summer, a good evening out

• Apart from one smallish empty stand, the ground appeared to be quite full (although I couldn't see how full the stand was above my head).

So as the capacity is 23,500, it looked like about 20,000 there.

As for pished fans, me & mate arrived at The Beehive (Kennington) at 13.30 and we were still supping as Kent won. We then returned to The Beehive. We were however not pished. Unlike the bloke trying to walk along the row behind us, who dropped 6 pints of lager (in those cardboard carriers) partly down the back of my mate. A lager waterfall ensued.

Another good point last night was you won £100 if a spectator caught the ball.