Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons Boycott!

Comments

• As I have been to only Colchester this season, my only way of showing my disgust at MK Dons is by boycotting my absence from the game
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    Attendances should not matter, Wimbledon have always had a small hard core fan base, the rest were just hangers on, so it's OK to tell the 3000 loyal fans to get stuffed is it?
    Try telling the Northwhich Victoria fans that due to small attendances they are being sold and are moving to Lancashire and will be called Wythenshawe Victoria instead, league status and attendances should not matter.
    It's a fair point, but they do matter to running a business. I'd have a lot more sympathy for loyal Northwich fans because they've never been midtable in the richest league in the world, so it's a bit of a different story.

If you're running a restaurant in the West End and you have 4 people come in every night who really love the place, but no other customers, do you keep running it at a massive loss for their sake, or do you think about opening it up elsewhere where you might get appreciated?

But you dont have an emotional and life long commitment to a restaurant or any other "business".

Sorry, but I believe some people have very short memories, if this club sinks even further and our crowds dwindle, would you accept us moving to Basingstoke and being called the Berkshire Valiants?
    How any Charlton fan, who was around during our spells at Selhurst & Upton Park, could ever defend Franchise FC and slate Wimbledon FC fans is beyond me, and always will be.

Well Said That Man !
  • very nearly happened to us.....
  • [quote]

Are you sure this was before the move to MK was proposed/finalised? And before AFC Wimbledon was established?[/quote]

Most definitely.

The Everton game was in November 1992 well before the proposed move.

AFC were established in May 2002 and played their first game in July 2002.

Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes Sept 2003
  • To people who slag off WImbledon saying how low their crowds were, why not take a look at ours when we were at Selhurst? At the extreme we only got 821 and 817 consecutively for two Full Members' Cup matches (the upper division equivalent to the Paint Trophy). It wasn't as if all Charlton fans went to Selhurst - many decided never to go. When we had large crowds it was for us, like Wimbledon, thanks to huge away supports who took advantage of all the spare room available.
  • edited May 2015
    So who here is going next season after their promotion

I will be Boycotting the none football team's ground.

AFC Wimbledon are the dons not MK Franchise
  • I'll go.
  • edited May 2015

I went in our record breaking league one season to cheer the lads on for a point after Green and Yann combined second half, what's your problem?
  • I'll go ,most comfortable away ground in the country ,
  • Will be going
  • Sponsored links:

• I wondered how long it would take to resurrect this thread.

I'll definitely be going to support Charlton.

Shall we now repeat the first 3 pages again ?
  • Im going.
  • I'll be going.
  • My nearest away game now Watford have gone up
  • Definitely going, will probably be one of our most "local" away games next year !

Congratulations to them, they've done brilliantly to get themselves up. They're turning themselves into a real community club, bringing young players through etc and I think that's to be applauded.
  • se9addick said:

Definitely going, will probably be one of our most "local" away games next year !

Congratulations to them, they've done brilliantly to get themselves up. They're turning themselves into a real community club, bringing young players through etc and I think that's to be applauded.

The whole moving/franchise thing was over 10 years ago now, move on..
  • So who here is going next season after their promotion

Move on.

These AFC Wimbledon fans did a couple of years ago.

• RedChaser said:

I went in our record breaking league one season to cheer the lads on for a point after Green and Yann combined second half, what's your problem?
    Not a proper football club
    twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

refuse to take the name dons out of their name despite being nothing to do with Wimbledon
    got let straight into the league instead of AFC Wimbledon which to me was wrong

I hate the club and would never step foot in their stadium, I might be on my own with that but I don't really care lol
  • Won't be going, reasons were all given previously
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015

RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

refuse to take the name dons out of their name despite being nothing to do with Wimbledon

I hate the club and would never step foot in their stadium, I might be on my own with that but I don't really care lol
    Fair enough, I thought you was proper Charlton, It's your loss :-0
  • Been twice on a freebie for Charlton games (thanks Grant).

Might go again if it's an important game.
  • RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

Have Oldham dropped down your most hated list from the number 1 spot now, after they changed their mind on Ched Evans?
  • RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

So if Charlton were playing MK Dons at their ground knowing a win would win us the league, you still wouldnt go?
  • RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

I don't think you even believe what you're saying !
  • I support Charlton so will be going, don't agree with what they have done but will not sacrifice my enjoyment because of it.
  • edited May 2015

RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

Your loss.
    I'm going. It's a superb stadium despite the lack of atmosphere and personally I have absolutely no problem with them.

Oh plus it's half an hour from me which is the main reason I'm pleased they got promoted.
    I can now watch charlton not far from me.

Won't see you at MK Paulie.
  • RedChaser said:

twat of a owner
    twat of a manager

The amount of times you've made a point of saying that you support Charlton and will always support the team yet this bothers you.
  • I'll be there
  • So who here is going next season after their promotion

You only deprive yourself of supporting your team...